[Q] Note 4 w/ stock OS vs Note 2 w/ custom ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

brockelley

Oct 12, 2013
Simple question, lots of different framing's for answers.

About Me:

I own a Note 2, live in Wisconsin, USA, am over 21, and my contract will be up in a couple months. I am a new member, this is my first thread.

Things to consider:

Nexus phones usually get the newest OS first. This could mean the Note 4 could ship with 4.4 and not upgrade to 5.0 til 2015

This could be the first shatter proof, water proof phone in the Note line.

This phone is supposed to have a curved design. I've seen a lot of them, some look cool some not so much.

This phone could, but probably won't, feature a full metal case. Would be heavy, but is the idea of a shatter-proof, water proof, curved, metal phone with zero to no bezel a good thing for the note line? for the industry as a whole?

I'm on the side of custom ROMs so the notion of getting an iPhone really disgusts my creativity.. but still, the iPhone 6 is supposed to come out around the same time as the Note 4. Do you think I should get over my apple hatred and see a 5.5 inch retical iphone as awesome?

I've had VERY mixed results with custom ROMs. To put it nicely, I suffer through all of the things I don't understand about the coding involved and accept it as perfection because I love creating myself; but if android 5.0 with the newest Touchwiz is anything comparable to even a 4.3 version of PacRom, Paranoid, etc.. I personally would be ok just calling it a day with that. If you could change my mind in a few words, what would those words be?

Status
Not open for further replies.