LT30p firmware on LT30at keeping LTE support

Search This thread

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
That site is wrong. The LTE equipped TL is not available unlocked anywhere "yet". Sony is talking about releasing and unlocked unbranded TL in the US but.its just talk right now.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ ion

They hadn't been talking about unlocked ion at least not the US market. I have a friend at Sony that deals US Xperia sales. TL is being talked about though. But its not his decision that comes from higher ups. Hopefully they do. Of course for the ion you could always buy a lt28i (though no support in the US) for the TL it isn't that simple as the T doesn't have LTE like the TL.

I'm wondering if your contact is one of the guys I've been talking with. ;)

I'm really hoping they have success. Bad news is that those who have already purchased TLs through AT&T might be out of luck... That is why I'm waiting. I'll purchase a device and start CM work as soon as there's a way to get an unlockable TL version.

Although your latest news indicates that CM on the TL may be little to no work if unlockable TLs become available - sounds like the only thing TL-specific is the baseband, which CM doesn't touch anyway. TL might only need some small changes to the assert checks when flashing.

NixHex131

Apr 17, 2011
Pay a dev to unlock bootloader

I would be willing to pay someone to figure out how to unlock the bootloader on the AT&T branded Xperia TL (LT30at). Don't know what that kind of work is worth, but I feel like I should just return this phone if the prospect of unlocking is dismal.
Firmware 7.0.B.1.152

Thanks,
Mike

Reactions: scythekain

___ZerO

Mar 6, 2012
Hi

Hello, there.

I just flashed the ftf file to have LTE support here in Mexico but I don't know if it really works... Now my phone belongs to AT&T but I have a problem. The phone has not themes and battery does not show percent. Is there any solution to have these stuffs back?

Greetings from Mexico.

I rooted my phone with tyour ftf file and it works, I just dio it with binary method. The new v17. It is here in XDA

:D

Last edited:

xerothermic

Apr 16, 2011
I followed OP's instruction and flush LT30p firmware exclude basebend. That works fine for a while.

Until I received OTA update, after updating I experienced camera freeze, phone reboot, battery drain, and worst not able to pick up the call...

I think I need to revert to earlier FW. Although the small app is really slick, not being able to receive phone call is a nightmare. Just want to give you guys a heads up.

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

Spectre51

I followed OP's instruction and flush LT30p firmware exclude basebend. That works fine for a while.

Until I received OTA update, after updating I experienced camera freeze, phone reboot, battery drain, and worst not able to pick up the call...

I think I need to revert to earlier FW. Although the small app is really slick, not being able to receive phone call is a nightmare. Just want to give you guys a heads up.

You don't want to update regularly once you have done this. Try flashing that new firmware wiping everything then flash the AT&T firmware and exclude everything except the baseband so only that is flashed and it should be okay again.

Reactions: xerothermic

xerothermic

Apr 16, 2011
You don't want to update regularly once you have done this. Try flashing that new firmware wiping everything then flash the AT&T firmware and exclude everything except the baseband so only that is flashed and it should be okay again.

Thanks! I reboot my phone and it seems to be okay now. I'll keep my eyes on it.

jewkhok

Aug 12, 2010
Stockton, California
Just flash a a. 3.195 that's rooted already

will attempt your method on my TL later today - to root, I'll have to use the Jozinek method, correct?
I flashed GregBradley's stock rooted 7.0.a.3.195 using his method by flashing a generic .303 rooting that with bin4ry's tools then adding the recovery while it's still hooked up to the computer then disconnected it wiped the phone flashed the rooted 3.195 zip, cwm zip, and boot fix zip then went and hooked it back up to my pc to flash the 3.195 stock kernel. I did have to manually put in apn and restored my apps using the back up and restore.

hkjr

Jul 25, 2008
NJ
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8T
I flashed GregBradley's stock rooted 7.0.a.3.195 using his method by flashing a generic .303 rooting that with bin4ry's tools then adding the recovery while it's still hooked up to the computer then disconnected it wiped the phone flashed the rooted 3.195 zip, cwm zip, and boot fix zip then went and hooked it back up to my pc to flash the 3.195 stock kernel. I did have to manually put in apn and restored my apps using the back up and restore.

thanks for the guide / info.

decided to add supercharger to stock before attempting this just, to see if any performance increase.

jewkhok

Aug 12, 2010
Stockton, California
Great idea

thanks for the guide / info.

decided to add supercharger to stock before attempting this just, to see if any performance increase.

I used pimp my rom with minimal tweaks and this is what I scored on antutu before it was 8500.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-08-08-14-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-08-08-14-40.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 195

hkjr

Jul 25, 2008
NJ
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8T
I used pimp my rom with minimal tweaks and this is what I scored on antutu before it was 8500.

nice. without flashing and only applying SCv6, I'm at 9774. i havent used PimpMyRom in quite some time. if you care to share, PM what settings you went with - ill have to look them over considering i cant make a nan' backup, hah, stupid att and locked bootloaders, dummies

Spectre51

You are missing LTE though if you did not exl ude the AT&T baseband or flash it back once done with everything else.

jewkhok

Aug 12, 2010
Stockton, California
You can make a backup

nice. without flashing and only applying SCv6, I'm at 9774. i havent used PimpMyRom in quite some time. if you care to share, PM what settings you went with - ill have to look them over considering i cant make a nan' backup, hah, stupid att and locked bootloaders, dummies

Here uliwooly shows you how to make a backup of your firmware using flash tools http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/41609
And his own guide with links and after you have a new rom in place you can go to cwm and make a backup or even with your current rom now you can make a backup with it. As far as the rom goes you can tweak the heck out of it, I've added bravia engine 2, enabled Google wallet, and cyber shot. The reason I used pimp my rom for tweaks is because it's easy to un install with the rescue pack if something undesirable happens.

Spectre51

I excluded baseband while I was flashing the ftf files does your TL still have the 4G icon in notification bar? I still get lte speeds and I've used tether and haven't received any text from at yet.

Okay you didn't mention you excluded the baseband the first time which is why I made the comment about missing LTE. You should be fine with how you did it then.

LastQuark

Feb 16, 2011
Is there an FTF firmware that is rooted? It looks to me that flashtool is the only way to install 7.0.A.3.195 generic that is rooted.

If installing a rooted ZIP firmware through CWM, we'll lose the LTE. :(

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Is there an FTF firmware that is rooted? It looks to me that flashtool is the only way to install 7.0.A.3.195 generic that is rooted.

I dont think that is possible because system.sin in ftf have to be signed by sony (Correct me if i am wrong)

However, I know someone is trying to work on a rooted deodexed stock rom with LTE for the LT30at....

Reactions: LastQuark

jewkhok

Aug 12, 2010
Stockton, California
This is how I did it

You flash the generic. 303 with flashtools(exclude baseband) , root that with bin4ry's tools, then flash cwm for locked bootloaders, then flash the rooted 3.195 through CWM with cwm. Zip and boot loop fix zip then you go back to flashtools and flash the 3.195 stock kernel. The phone will work but mobile data won't that's when you set the apn as Spectre51said in the op.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-09-13-43-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-09-13-43-27.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay people now that I have been able to create a stock AT&T LT30at ftf file: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByrrmqPijqISREZpSE16bWdKV1E I went ahead with testing if I could flash a generic LT30p firmware on my LT30at EXCLUDING the baseband so I could keep LTE.

I used the LT30p firmware version 7.0.A.3.195 generic and flashed it through flashtools wiping everything but excluding the baseband. By doing this I was able to keep LTE support and have a generic unbranded firmware. I then restored all my apps using the included backup & restore app ( I had manually installed it on the LT30at firmware previously)

ScreenShot2013-01-15at102811PM_zps98810f85.png

Everything went fine but of course I couldn't root using Bin4ry's method with the firmware I used. Also tethering works without issue. I did have to setup the AT&T LTE apn which can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27979729&postcount=4
    That site is wrong. The LTE equipped TL is not available unlocked anywhere "yet". Sony is talking about releasing and unlocked unbranded TL in the US but.its just talk right now.

Thanks for all the effort your putting in for the community here. I'd like to get all the AT&T software on the phone and this sounds like they way to do it. How do you exclude the baseband when your flashing?

Thanks

In flashtools just before you start the flash there is a check box on the right that says exclude baseband. Just check that.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ P

Yes

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ TL
    When you flashed with CWM, will you not lose LTE?

What is the purpose of flashing 3.195 with flashtools again after that?

When you flash the 3.195 rooted zip(rom) with cwm you are changing the rom, baseband(lte radio) stays intact, you flash stock 3.195 stock kernel with flashtools so it(rom) will function properly (I read that this must be done so there will be no issues)