Over the Horizon Song Playing

Search This thread

hshah

Dec 24, 2005
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Since yesterday, putting my phone into charge triggers the "over the horizon" (Samsung tune) to play in the background. Multiple restarts later it stops, but the question is what is causing it?

I even tried deleting the file for it, but it still plays, and the only way to stop it is put the phone into silent mode.

nbeebe24

Jun 16, 2009
Since yesterday, putting my phone into charge triggers the "over the horizon" (Samsung tune) to play in the background. Multiple restarts later it stops, but the question is what is causing it?

I even tried deleting the file for it, but it still plays, and the only way to stop it is put the phone into silent mode.

Okay, a couple questions:

Is your phone rooted? If yes, have you messed with any of the sounds in the system? I was able to duplicate your problem by navigating to the /system/media/ui folder and copying one of the ringtones into the folder and naming it to 'Charger_Connection.ogg'. It sounds to me like that file somehow got changed to another one in your phone. I can help you as soon as I find out more about your situation.

hshah

Dec 24, 2005
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Okay, a couple questions:

Is your phone rooted? If yes, have you messed with any of the sounds in the system? I was able to duplicate your problem by navigating to the /system/media/ui folder and copying one of the ringtones into the folder and naming it to 'Charger_Connection.ogg'. It sounds to me like that file somehow got changed to another one in your phone. I can help you as soon as I find out more about your situation.

I am rooted and I have deleted some sounds from the UI folder. In order to try and fix the issue I deleted the file you mentioned but that didn't solve it. Can you upload the file I need to put into that folder please?

nfribeiro

Jun 16, 2010
Porto
Do you have GRAVITYBOX installed?

It is a bug and you should uptade this module to the last version to fix it.