[ROM] [JB] [4.1.2] Stock deodexed and rooted XXLSA / NEW Leak!

Search This thread

Yanardag

Jan 23, 2005
First of thx for this great rom. I have 1 question how can set that flash playet*Dont close the display in full screen modus after display closing time?

eroracing

Nov 24, 2007
Hey eyebee I'm on alliance twrp kernel but want to try this out how should I go about getting back to cwm? I don't want to make a mistake and brick my Note thank you in advance!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
What do you want: an uncertain emmc_cap_erase patch leading to potential instabilities or keep it stock and pray Samsung did their job well :D

Thats a tough one ! I'd like to have faith in Samsung and hope they did their job well, But if they had, This issue wouldnt have existed in the first place.

My faith lies not with Samsung, But with you :angel:

eybee1970

Jan 22, 2010
I have amazing news

Good news: I elucidated the mystery of loosing the possibility to format internal sd from within Settings / Storage / Format USB

Bad news: It is caused by patching the binary sequence to avoid brick bug :eek:

Now, we are stuck... until Samsung release the source for JB :p

Detailed Info:

After repacking new leaked JB kernels for i900/n7000, internal sd could no more be formatted from phone (Format USB storage)
After revising all my code, I noted that even a simple unpack / repack of stock kernel without any modification, still causes the issue. So, it was restricted to my unpack / repack process
I tried changing mkbootimg, recompiling it, using third party scripts, same result.
I finally decided not to patch the binary sequence to try it: Stock kernel, unpacked and repacked worked
I tried my kernel, unpack / repack with editing initramfs but no patching for emmc_cap_erase: Again, it WORKS

Conclusion: the binary sequence is no more linked absolutely to the emmc_cap_erase. As xda Elite developer Entropy512 said, Samsung added probably a workaround for the brick bug without patching emmc_cap_erase. However, without their source code for JB, no one can assert it at 100%

Debate is open HERE : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1901191

What do you want: an uncertain emmc_cap_erase patch leading to potential instabilities or keep it stock and pray Samsung did their job well :D

I will re-install an ICS ROM to test the issue and verify it is introduced by JB (I had 0 reports until JB leaks...)

I already told you - I don't care formatting USB storage not availabale on device...people wanna do this still can on PC/Laptop connected with USB :)

I am a complete noob in kernel things, but what about this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33227621&postcount=1
Doesn't that tell us the kernel is probably save anyway? Or am I noobish wrong (would not be surprised anyway :))?

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
I already told you - I don't care formatting USB storage not availabale on device...people wanna do this still can on PC/Laptop connected with USB :)

I am a complete noob in kernel things, but what about this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33227621&postcount=1
Doesn't that tell us the kernel is probably save anyway? Or am I noobish wrong (would not be surprised anyway :))?

I know well that thread, from there are my info

I need to confirm issue came with JB than will post there

advptg

Aug 25, 2010
One full day on this rom... not a single FC or dead vibrations yet.. super cool, fast and smooth..!

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
I have amazing news

Good news: I elucidated the mystery of loosing the possibility to format internal sd from within Settings / Storage / Format USB

Bad news: It is caused by patching the binary sequence to avoid brick bug :eek:

Now, we are stuck... until Samsung release the source for JB :p

Detailed Info:

After repacking new leaked JB kernels for i900/n7000, internal sd could no more be formatted from phone (Format USB storage)
After revising all my code, I noted that even a simple unpack / repack of stock kernel without any modification, still causes the issue. So, it was restricted to my unpack / repack process
I tried changing mkbootimg, recompiling it, using third party scripts, same result.
I finally decided not to patch the binary sequence to try it: Stock kernel, unpacked and repacked worked
I tried my kernel, unpack / repack with editing initramfs but no patching for emmc_cap_erase: Again, it WORKS

Conclusion: the binary sequence is no more linked absolutely to the emmc_cap_erase. As xda Elite developer Entropy512 said, Samsung added probably a workaround for the brick bug without patching emmc_cap_erase. However, without their source code for JB, no one can assert it at 100%

Debate is open HERE : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1901191

I will re-install an ICS ROM to test the issue and verify it is introduced by JB (I had 0 reports until JB leaks...)

Confirmed that this was introduced start of JB leaks. ICS kernels do work nice once patched and repacked with my last recovery

Going to ask xda gods, but probably, you'll have to choose... painfully, until sammy releases sources

I am personally confident as there are 0 reports of bricks since JB was out (but it is true that most use my kernels and the bad binary-update files and recoveries are banned...

eybee1970

Jan 22, 2010
Confirmed that this was introduced start of JB leaks. ICS kernels do work nice once patched and repacked with my last recovery

Going to ask xda gods, but probably, you'll have to choose... painfully, until sammy releases sources

I am personally confident as there are 0 reports of bricks since JB was out (but it is true that most use my kernels and the bad binary-update files and recoveries are banned...

I vote for 'fu** formatting usb storage' ;)

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
I vote for 'fu** formatting usb storage' ;)

If it was that simple onyl...

problem is that for me, it means, the patching introduces random bug somewhere. It could be issues elsewhere too, not only sdcard formatting...

Till now, everything works, but this cannot be certain... The behaviour after the binary patch is really abnormal

eybee1970

Jan 22, 2010
If it was that simple onyl...

problem is that for me, it means, the patching introduces random bug somewhere. It could be issues elsewhere too, not only sdcard formatting...

Till now, everything works, but this cannot be certain... The behaviour after the binary patch is really abnormal

But what could be the alternative? Finding 100 people fullwiping 100 times on unpached kernel...if noone bricks we can be 99.9% sure sammy solved brickbug anyway...

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
But what could be the alternative? Finding 100 people fullwiping 100 times on unpached kernel...if noone bricks we can be 99.9% sure sammy solved brickbug anyway...

I would move to that alternative, with people informed. That's why I preferred to make it public + poll on Note thread. That way people are informed and chose knowing the limitations.

UNTIL SAMSUNG RELEASES SOURCES FOR JB, DO NOT HOPE FOR ANY OTHER DEV FIXING THIS and this could take... months...

Please vote here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34537819#post34537819

It will make me decide on the future of my dev for i9100/n7000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks,

here is newest JB-Leak 4.1.2 from Samsung ==> XXLSA

One final comment regarding RocketROMs: i stopped that and won't continue in future!!! But I will provide you with Stock ROMs as I get my hands on it ;)

I would like to thank some people first:

New Release XXLSA (including multiwindow):

• newest Test-Firmware from Samsung XXLSA
    • Modem XXLSA
    • Kernel XXLSA, pre-rooted + new CWM-recovery (thx again phil) --> changes you find here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34488532&postcount=2
    • deodexed and zipaligned (thx bangsti and TeamUnion for support!)
    • added airview fix + airview in Gallery (thx ianbbaa and Robbie!)
    • rest is pure stock
    Download-Link: http://d-h.st/MG7
    MD5 Sum: 0b076c2f633c2a2aa7bb20d1673bc970

Mirror 1 ( DevHost)
    Mirror 2
    Mirror 3

Changes compared to XXLS7 (will be completed with reports coming from you!):

• all in all much faster and smoother!
    • toggles in Noti-bar can be rearranged and additional ones can be added in Display-Settings (as known from latest Note2-releases)
    • new menu when plugging in headphone (see screenshots)
    • Telephone-App and Contacts-App now open much faster then ever before!
    • Scrolling in browser much better and faster

Installation:

1. make sure you are on a rooted ICS-ROM or JB-ROM with CWM recovery and brickfree kernel installed
    2. copy ROM on your USB-storage
    3. boot in Recovery
    4. FullWipe/Factory Reset
    5. Format /system, Format /data, Format /preload
    6. flash ROM
    7. enjoy ;)

remaining Issues on XXLSA:

1. minikeyboard in multiwindow mode will always write in QWERTY, even if QWERTZ or AZERTY is set as default
    2. zooming issue in video recorder (only in 1080p mode)
    3. no lockscreen toggles --> but you can use method provided by Robbie Hood: [DEV][MOD] Add Lockscreen shortcuts to JellyBean XXLS7 RippleLockScreen
    Every Rom cook or developer can take this ROM as base without asking for permission!!!

For the Devs (the ones I know!) wanting to start from scratch with odexed Dump, please write me PM and I will send you the Link!
    Screenshots:

Changes in new recovery:

Phil3759 said:
    The kernel I sent you comes with brand new recovery with deeply revised code for my settings part:

- Backup kernel with time stamp and free FLASH of kernels
    - Backup and Flash logs now report true success/fail status
    - Completely revised ors support
    - Flash modem files from recovery
    Please update v3.61 to 3.62:

fixed permissions: now special backup/restore menu works again. SORRY

Download:
    XXLSA-XJB (JB Leak)
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/clb64kv7z6f3irv/PhilZ-cwm6-XXLSA-XJB-3.62-signed.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/a9l8lhoemr53c47/PhilZ-cwm6-XXLSA-XJB-3.62.tar.md5

XXLS7-XJB (JB Leak)
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/zc9i56y5vopcb4i/PhilZ-cwm6-XXLS7-XJB-3.62-signed.zip
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/mcjp1hxrgmic6i4/PhilZ-cwm6-XXLS7-XJB-3.62.tar.md5

Version 3.61 / 3.62 - 22 nov 2012
    • 3.61 ---> 3.62: permissions fixed: now special backup and restore functions work again
    • Update to cwm 6.0.1.9 + PhilZ Touch 3.34
    • Add nandroid /preload backup & restore support
    • Add option to flash modem image from recovery
    • Fix Aroma File Manager path for devices without /emmc mount point
    • Fix: mount sdcards before launch aroma as some times we did not have access to other sdcard under aroma
    • Fix kerne/efs backup & restore for phones without /emmc
    • Optimized backup/restore status log for kernel/efs/modem: now showing true success/failure based on exit code/stderr from CAT
    • One ORS code is enough for custom and at boot scripts
    • Fixed ORS backup job log
    • Merge cm10 branch updates:
      - Add support for doing a true ext4 format of /data on /data/media devices.
      - Shorter confirmation menu if compiled as Philz Touch
    Let's face it people, all these JB leaks for N7000 are pure crap :( let's hope that official version will be out soon cause all this flashing and fixing is really annoying :banghead:

I don't follow you on this...and I do not have to defend anything, cause it is all done by Sammy and not by me :)
    For me it is a perfect daily driver, though there are still some small things which have to be worked on on Sammy-side.

But I fully agree with Phil: most people just do not follow instructions, they post their crap here, report about issues just belonging to their own failures and make other people scary....I still wonder why the users I know in here for months NEVER have the issue some others have....strange, isn't it? ;)