How to Flash Stock Recovery?

Search This thread

WeeJockMacFeegle

Apr 3, 2006
I'm probably missing the obvious here, but for the life of me I can't find a thread that tells me exactly how to flash stock recovery for my 4.3 rom.

Need to get back to stock to use triangle away to reset the flash counter to send off for repair.

It doesn't help that every time I've tried to search xda today I get a "search not available" error.

S

sawdoctor

You have to flash a stock rom through odin AFAIK to get stock recovery You will then have to root it to use triangle away then unroot through super user to get back to complete stock. Not 100% sure triangle away has been updated for 4.3 though

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

WeeJockMacFeegle

Apr 3, 2006
You have to flash a stock rom through odin AFAIK to get stock recovery You will then have to root it to use triangle away then unroot through super user to get back to complete stock. Not 100% sure triangle away has been updated for 4.3 though

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks, after several hours of reading I eventually reached the conclusion that a stock rom through Odin was going to have to be the way to go. Bit of a pain because the download of the full rom from sammobile took over a day! (on my 20mb connection) but got there in the end.

I was hoping there'd be a way of flashing just the stock recovery, but it seems not.

iggloovortex

Mar 6, 2014
Thanks, after several hours of reading I eventually reached the conclusion that a stock rom through Odin was going to have to be the way to go. Bit of a pain because the download of the full rom from sammobile took over a day! (on my 20mb connection) but got there in the end.

I was hoping there'd be a way of flashing just the stock recovery, but it seems not.

Hi I was wondering if you had tried to use triangle away before flashing the stock recovery? I'm trying to understand if thats the actual reason that mine doesn't work