[Q] bad mobile data

Search This thread

pre10c

Nov 9, 2013
antwerp
I'm having this connection issues where the phone would show the 3g/4g icon but the connection is really slow( slowest speedtest gave me was 0.01mbps). Im testing with a different provider now but is it possible this is a hardware fault?

HumanoidTalking

Sep 5, 2010
Sydney
Same Problem

I have a similar problem, when I enable Mobile Data, it could not connect, I have to turn Airplane mode ON and then OFF and then Mobile date On to get the Mobile Data... Very Irritating... I hope its SW issue

pre10c

Nov 9, 2013
antwerp
Well its only 4g giving troubles now, is 4g and 3g on one chip or a seperate chip?

Last edited:

bigdbag

Oct 5, 2009
I've gotten this as well from time to time. Doesn't seem related to whether or not I'm transitioning from Wi-Fi to 4g or not.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

BlueC78

Aug 15, 2012
I'm having this connection issues where the phone would show the 3g/4g icon but the connection is really slow( slowest speedtest gave me was 0.01mbps). Im testing with a different provider now but is it possible this is a hardware fault?

I'm getting the same and came on here specifically to see whether it was just me.

These are the symptoms: it seems to happen when I transition from a WiFi network to mobile data network. The data icon still shows activity and good signal but internet access is incredibly slow or non-existent in all apps. Toggling in and out of Aeroplane mode fixes it. I am on a 3G SIM, so for now I have tried to turn of 4G mode and see if this fixes it. Will report back.

This is really annoying - my £100 Acer Liquid Metal did this like 3 years ago... I don't expect a modern £500 phone to have this issue.

I love the phone but issues like this aren't acceptable and I'm getting really frustrated to the extent I might even send it back for refund under not fit for purpose.

BlueC78

Aug 15, 2012
Also I have problems with unstable network. Has anyone tried to restore the firmware?

I've turned off 4G as I don't have a 4G SIM, so I'm gonna see if this helps resolve the issue. If not, then I'm going to try and flash a different firmware as my handset came with a EUR firmware and there seems to be some differences between this and the UK firmwares. If that doesn't fix it, I'm going to try the AUS firmware which is a later version.

If I get an success or otherwise I'll post back.

BlueC78

Aug 15, 2012
I'm noticing that HTTPS traffic always seems to work fine, but standard non-encrypted traffic doesn't. Anyone else? Seems a bit weird.