UPDATE4: Razr to S3 swap worked Got S3. :)

What should I do about this?

• Sue the living crap out of them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go to the BBB and the FCC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Vorfidus

Jul 9, 2012
Richmond, VA
I just posted some of the things I did and I hope it help's some of them. I now just need a case for this new 4.8in phone. ( I hope this is about as far as they go with size, becuase much bigger would make it very hard to use one handed.)

Otterbox defender is pretty nice. I'd recommend it. I also have the lumi series case pre ordered from spigen sgp as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

4ktvs

Sep 3, 2011
I have that case for my Razr and I don't think I will need a $50 case or at some places $30. I just want the srceen save from drops of about 5ft or so. I may get it AGAIN any way, becuase I don't want to pay 500 used or 600 new if any thing happened.

Note: I never got a case for my S2 and to this day it's fine. It's screen is 100% fine even with 2-3 drop's, one was 6ft or so up. I know the S3 is not the unkillable SOB that the S2 is so some case would be a good idea. :)

4ktvs

Sep 3, 2011
I am just glad I looked at the youtube drop test before hand. I am getting some hit's on my thread on the razr forum, but not a lot yet. It seem's they may be hoping it work's in the back of there heads, but for now think I am full of it. I will know for 100% sure by the 16th when my 16GB S3 get's here.

TheDiabolicaL1

Nov 17, 2011
Otterbox defender is pretty nice. I'd recommend it. I also have the lumi series case pre ordered from spigen sgp as well.

I have the otterbox defender and feel it is well built. I recommend it as well.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

I am just glad I looked at the youtube drop test before hand. I am getting some hit's on my thread on the razr forum, but not a lot yet. It seem's they may be hoping it work's in the back of there heads, but for now think I am full of it. I will know for 100% sure by the 16th when my 16GB S3 get's here.

Good luck to you man.. that's bull**** what moto and vzw did to the razr. assholes. I hope more people hose down VZW and get a free S3 out of the deal because of you. Hell, even if one person does it- job well done.

4ktvs

Sep 3, 2011
I got that same case of my razr and now that case won't work on the S3. Do you guy's think I could get verizon to give me a otterbox for my S3 too?

I am still not sure yet, but I don't really want to spend more than I have too on a case.

I was dissapointed about the case at first, but I started to like it better later on.

TheDiabolicaL1

Nov 17, 2011
I got that same case of my razr and now that case won't work on the S3. Do you guy's think I could get verizon to give me a otterbox for my S3 too?

I am still not sure yet, but I don't really want to spend more than I have too on a case.

I was dissapointed about the case at first, but I started to like it better later on.

If you bought your otterbox from Verizon, **** it- why not? Give it a try! :laugh: You've already pushed harder than most and got more for it.. Why stop now? haha

4ktvs

Sep 3, 2011

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Good luck to you man.. that's bull**** what moto and vzw did to the razr. assholes. I hope more people hose down VZW and get a free S3 out of the deal because of you. Hell, even if one person does it- job well done.

I hope so too, becuase of how they treated me when I had data issues with this phone and Reseting the POS over and over with 10+call's to 611 about this going over head's and going into verizon store's 4-5 times to try and show I was not making this up. I had to go to the BBB and the FCC and tell them verizon must be throttling me becuase 200-600kbs DL on 4GLTE EVERY were is BS. Well I will just say they started to care A LOT more then knowing they were in the *****er if they did not fix it.

Edit: this is the lie and BS they try and tell every one:

Why did Google/Motorola remove Flash?

Adobe Flash is not removed from the device; however, due to Adobe's discontinuation of Flash development, Flash Player is no longer preloaded and is not available for download from Google Play to your device. Existing installations of Flash Player may or may not play Flash video properly. Alternatively, the new HTML5 standard is on your device and is supported for Web video .

I heard Flash was no longer available, but mine seems to be working

Existing installations of Flash Player may or may not play Flash video properly. This will vary depending on the specific device configuration and on the website.

I purchased this phone because it had flash capability, why was it removed?

Flash has not been removed, it simply will not be supported moving forward, as Adobe is no longer supporting the development of Flash Player for Android 4.0

Is there an alternate application or something I can use in place of flash?

Alternatively, the new HTML5 standard is supported for Web video found on your device. Many sites already support this standard and should be viewable with no additional apps.

While we do not endorse or guarantee these solutions, or provide support for them, some owners have reported success using a 3rd party Android Applications like "Adobe AIR". You can search the Google Play Store for 3rd party applications that are available that may enable you to run the flash video on your device without a browser, providing the convenience of a native app or browser.

What is HTML5?

HTML5 is a new standard for rich web content that is already prevalent and in wide use today.

What about the Apps in Google play, will those that required flash be updated?

Some applications may be impacted, but most developers are working to ensure compatibility. You can check the specific specs for the app you are interested in.

Link: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/86246/p/30,6720,8417

Last edited:

4ktvs

Sep 3, 2011
If you bought your otterbox from Verizon, **** it- why not? Give it a try! :laugh: You've already pushed harder than most and got more for it.. Why stop now? haha

When I went into the verizon store to make the last call that ended with me getting a S3. You should have seen the look on the reps face that just told me it could not be done. After I got off the phone he asked if I got what I wanted and I said yes I got a S3. His face was like WTF.

I did not buy it from verizon, so I don't think that will work that way, but I may just go for it any way, becuase I think it's BS that I have to buy a new case becuase they messed my old phone up.

Last edited:

Vorfidus

Jul 9, 2012
Richmond, VA
When I went into the verizon store to make the last call that ended with me getting a S3. You should have seen the look on the reps face that just told me it could not be done. After I got off the phone he asked if I got what I wanted and I said yes I got a S3. His face was like WTF.

I did not buy it from verizon, so I don't think that will work that way, but I may just go for it any way, becuase I think it's BS that I have to buy a new case becuase they messed my old phone up.

Exchange cases :p

4ktvs

Sep 3, 2011
That's what I will likely do then, because I just did the "impossible". LOL

Edit: how do you think I should go about this. Ask if I can swap case's in the store or wait for it to be shipped. I am not even sure if they will take a used case, but I will give it a shot.

Edit2: I just got it, but will have to wait for the battery.

Last edited:

4ktvs

Sep 3, 2011
I got them to do it and the phone in here right now, so I am good.

Edit: Got it up and running, all I have to say so far is I am glad they messed my old phone up. 4G works just as good if not better than my Razr so far.

Last edited:

4ktvs

Sep 3, 2011

Thanks for telling me to do that. None have been able to do it yet, but some are now trying.

The poll I put up seem's to show more than half would trade there razr's for the S3, so you were right.

Reactions: TheDiabolicaL1

jkat797

Feb 13, 2011
I tried and got them to offer me a galaxy nexus and droid 4 I'm trying again tomorrow!

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

ihavenewnike

Mar 5, 2012
Los Angeles
Tell them to send you into a store to get the battery. I went from Nexus to s3 song know how it is. Just call upbtexh support and they will note the account stating yo uh still need a battery. I did this and the shipped battery came in a week late. I got to batteries for free.

TheDiabolicaL1

Nov 17, 2011
Some one was just able to do it thanks to me. And one more look's like he is getting one.

This may be the start of verizon/Motorola eating some crap. I hope they think twice about braking all this crap the next time they push out a "update".

Bad ****in' ass!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am asking because I got the 4.0.4 update for my razr and now flash is dead. It just won't work on stock and I don't want to flash a rom on it, because I have had hardware issues with it in the past.

After being on the phone with them for 2-2.5 hours. They said I could get a HTC Rezound, but not a S3. I don't really buy this can't have a S3 just because I got my phone last year. They are both 199 2 year and 599 Full Retail. ( That's a rip off for the razr, but I am going to try and use this if I can because I have all ways like samsung better. :)

So does flash work and if so do you think I should push for a S3.

Flash works on the native browser for the S3.
    Flash works fine. Flash doesn't work in chrome on any phone. A lot of sites are transitioning to HTML5 but compliance is very spotty, at best.
    Flash works on the native browser for the S3.

Yes, it does.

I get a big kick out of demonstrating this regularly to all the iphone users I work with.......
    I know it does not work on chrome, but 3 techs working for verizon told me to try that. +100000000000000000 to the HTML 5 comment. That's why losing flash on my razr sucked so much and that I would not just lie down on this issue. Oh and even when I can find HTML 5.... It does not work/ very "laggy" on my razr. That update has really messed the phone up.

Can you use Dolphin HD on your phone? I think it supports Flash natively, if I'm not mistaken. Nice browser too.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
    Updating your phone is supposed to add features, not remove them. WTF is Verizon and Motorola thinking? Why doesn't it support flash anymore? I'm with you.. what a bunch of assholes!