Search This thread

toastcfh

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
thread stickied

Thread stickied. OP the ball is in ur court now. Keep the OP updated as uve been doing please.

@everyone please stay on topic and follow the instructions given in the OP. Help keep this thread clean and useful by only posting if u have something to contribute. Thanx and enjoy

krizno

Jan 12, 2010
fair oaks
I'll check it out today or tomorrow and if I can figure it out I will sign them all and if you want me to post them I will thanks again

Last edited:

krizno

Jan 12, 2010
fair oaks
Search the forum the answer is in like 100 threads not to be mean just saying the answer.is everywhere here

Matstarr

Jun 27, 2010
if it said HTC EVO 4G instead of godzson this would be useable for all..nice job!

krizno

Jan 12, 2010
fair oaks
It would be cool if it got listed for each phone like evo so nexus like in list format that would probaly save a ton of questions ha ha

Last edited:

tzfx

Nov 4, 2007
Putting the nexus one animations on here on my evo made it either too small, or scaled horribly, so I extracted it, rotated every framed 90 degrees, and repackaged it with a 480x800 desc. Looks and runs great. :p

Attachments

• bootanimation-nexus_flip.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 218
  • boot_00095.png
    boot_00095.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 763
Last edited:

kpkimmel

Jun 13, 2010
Detroit
i signed the godzon boot animes with droid and no droid so you can simply transfer to sd card and install..let me know if you want them..they are over 8mb so i can't post them here

quick note, why isn't my profile pic showing up when i post a comment? anyone help

casual864

Jun 8, 2010
San Francisco
Help, I flashed the android bios boot on my evo. Now I try to change the boot screen using adb push with the droid x boot and now it won't change my boot screen, it's still the android bios boot. Any ideas?

pseudoremora

Nov 28, 2009
Help, I flashed the android bios boot on my evo. Now I try to change the boot screen using adb push with the droid x boot and now it won't change my boot screen, it's still the android bios boot. Any ideas?
Are you making sure you're running the right commands?

Try this (copy and paste):
Code:
adb shell
cd /system/customize/resource
ls | grep animation  - You should see two files listed, one should be bootanimation
Now type:
rm bootanimation.zip
exit

Now you can try pushing the new bootanimation you want.

casual864

Jun 8, 2010
San Francisco
Are you making sure you're running the right commands?

Try this (copy and paste):
Code:
adb shell
cd /system/customize/resource
ls | grep animation  - You should see two files listed, one should be bootanimation
Now type:
rm bootanimation.zip
exit

Now you can try pushing the new bootanimation you want.

Thanks for the reply. Didn't work with your method, but luckily I had a nandroid backup b4 I flashed the android bios boot. Now I adb pushed the droidx boot animation and sound and it works flawlessly. Thanks. :)

vladthedog

Mar 14, 2008
I'm getting frustrated.. why do none of these work for me? :) K. I'm fully rooted. I've tried on multiple roms that I've installed (currently on DC323 but have also tried on fresh53). this is after doing a full data wipe/cache wipe on each rom flash. I have been able to update my initial splash screen to the HTC black screen posted on this forum, but whenever I try to do a boot animation, all it ends up doing is a blank screen until the system is completely booted. I have tried doing both the manual adb push method (with no error messages, etc) as well as just using clockwork to flash multiple ones from this thread (for instance, the piss one, and the droid x one and the "haters gonna hate" one). when i've done the adb push method I've made sure to just be using the "bootanimation.zip" file, whereas flashing it looks like you need the named zip file. On the flash method in clockwork i have gotten error messages on certain files about sig verification, but i've also toggled that off to no avail.

Any ideas? On reflashing dc323 i have the stock 4g animation, after futzing around i am now with a blank screen after my initial splash logo. Thanks all.

vladthedog

Mar 14, 2008
try that it worked for me it was on page two much better than adb commands through the shell just gotta follow the instructions

Thanks.. I initially overlooked that thread since it's *.bat files (i run linux) but I'm at work right now which is a windows box.. I'll give it a go.

kpkimmel

Jun 13, 2010
Detroit
put your bootanimaiton.zip and if you have one the SPC_animation_final.mp3 on the deskttop..type these commands in shell

adb remount
adb push c:\users\yourname\desktop\bootanimation.zip /system/customize/resource/

Hit enter then if you have the sound

adb remout
adb push c:\users\yourname\desktop\SPC_animaiton_final.mp3 /system/customize/resource/

hit enter
adb reboot

Top Liked Posts