Sprint Galaxy Nexus

Search This thread

theSlack

Aug 29, 2010
Quit asking how to root.
Read threads.
Read stickies.
Use search.

If you can't figure out how to root using those methods, you are probably the type of person who comes back with bricks.

Can't read for yourself... get an iPhone. They are easy to jailbreak.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Last edited:

theSlack

Aug 29, 2010
Its simple. Google says unsupported device on rooted phones to cover their ass due to security concerns.
It still works fine, you just have less ability to complain if it screws up. Consider it more of a warning, because the app works. Just don't set it up before you unlock the device, or you have to jump through some hoops.

ssconceptz

Oct 2, 2008
Texas
Its simple. Google says unsupported device on rooted phones to cover their ass due to security concerns.
It still works fine, you just have less ability to complain if it screws up. Consider it more of a warning, because the app works. Just don't set it up before you unlock the device, or you have to jump through some hoops.

I think some of you are missing the point, its not that it doesn't work rooted, it does. But for some like me, your account becomes stuck and when you try to activate your prepaid card after root you can't.

journeyman73

Sep 14, 2007
CHICAGO
I think some of you are missing the point, its not that it doesn't work rooted, it does. But for some like me, your account becomes stuck and when you try to activate your prepaid card after root you can't.

One other user is in the process of swapping out phones because of the same thing. Might be your best option at this point

jesusice

Dec 22, 2010

I think you're assuming just because this happened to you after you rooted that rooting caused it. There are other things that could have caused it, rooting is not the cause.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

malibu_23

May 18, 2007
Chicago
I set up my wallet after rooting and I didn't have issues. I'm just waiting on my 40 bux from sprint. The fine print says it can take 3 weeks to show up after the 22nd of April.

Any have any idea about dual lock screen mod? Slide + pattern/pin. Does that exist in ics?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

ssconceptz

Oct 2, 2008
Texas
I think you're assuming just because this happened to you after you rooted that rooting caused it. There are other things that could have caused it, rooting is not the cause.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Rooting did not cause this issue, not removing a card or resetting google wallet before oem unlock which reset my phone is what caused this so I caution others before doing so. Please remove your card and google wallet from phone before doing a factory reset.

I am not the only one with this issue and it isn't uncommon.

ssconceptz

Oct 2, 2008
Texas
Aside from all that which I will not find a solution to in here lol.

What kernels if any are you guys running or have tested? I am wanting to test the James Bond kernel but don't want to break anything.

malibu_23

May 18, 2007
Chicago
No Way I'm flashing kernels yet. Lol. I need my radio.

Hey any have a link to a a sprint compatible CWM recovery? I don't like TWRP. Its failing on flashing and the nandroid backup is flaky.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:

marcusva79

Feb 5, 2010
Little Elm, TX
New Galaxy Nexus owner with Sprint. Well late last night I dim my screen cause it so freaking bright Noticed a lot of the greys turned purple and the white (stock messaging app) go a lot of grain in it. Looked like I had dust all in the screen. Is this normal? Looked similar to this picture

CruzECO13

Jun 2, 2008
I set my wallet up and received the $10 credit before rooting. Then I unlocked and rooted the device. $10 still there. Only difference, it tells u that the device is unsupported and warns about security risks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

scotbotmosh

Jan 15, 2007
Milwaukee

What do you mean by "jump through some hoops"

I set my GWallet up and have not rooted/ unlocked the device but am planning on doing so? What will I need to do?

Thanks,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to root, unroot, free wifi tethering videos are done.. will upload in the morning during class :)
    Shhh....

Just thought i'd post this here on the down low.....

Eos Sprint Galaxy Nexus AOSP MMS LTE Winning

Everything works
    mms send/receive
    all telephony

Likely the only non-stock build that actually has LTE enabled lol

rByYV.png

Team EOS pwns teh scene again

Now what!

And, just for the kangs, here's a fully built device tree

EOS torospr device tree
    If there are any Eos fans around, we'll have fully functional nightlys in a couple days. I'm just working out the last little minor bugs. I most likely won't open a thread for them here. But if you are down with Eos, then you will know where to find our nightlys.

brd
    Where is it located? I'm on tapatalk so that's probably the reason I can't see it.

Delivered From My Sprint Galaxy Nexus *#*#*#*#*#
    You can get to it from the main Samsung Galaxy Nexus Forum or just click *HERE*.

Mark.
    http://db.tt/8pXeZZ72 zipped version ( faster download]

http://db.tt/MW5XbuRY unzipped

Here is a full nandroid for twrp just unzip it and push it to the proper twrp folder

Also uploading a unzipped one

Sent from my htc_shooter using Tapatalk