Folio3xx v0.4(Honeycomb for Folio 100)

Search This thread

Jon2555

Jan 17, 2011
Belgrade
WARNING
I'M NOT DEV OF THIS ROM PORT, ALL CREDITS GOES TO DEXTER. I'M ONLY POSTING THIS HERE BECAUSE LOTS OF MEMBERS ASK FOR NEW VERSION THAT YOU CAN'T FIND IN OUR SUBFORUMS.

Download link =====> FolioComb 3xx v0.4

That I found here ===> Frandroid's(French community)FolioComb3xx v0.4 thread

Mixed Package With Root And OC Kernel =====> I'll add changes in system.img and upload here when I have time(recovery package, can be flashed via fastboot too)

BUGS AND POSSIBLE FIXES

1. SOD -- FIX IN PATCH PATH(also, set up minumum cpu freq to 608hz with CPU Master and try JuweRamOptimizerScript here, tried SuperCharger but it won't load up. I use RootToolBox for loading scripts, can be used any app that have script loading capability,can be loaded during boot(init.d) but I didn't find init.d folder in /system/etc, ability can be added in Dxidsa's Kitchen but I don't have time to play with that(someone can try that,with OC kernel, and post here), also, Root ToolBox have option for loading scripts ddluring boot,and with setting up these settings, my Folio was whole night(10h) in hibernation, I woke it without SOD issuse and the best is that it lose only 10%battery!!!!!!!!!!!)

EDIT: SOD is followed by some problems with wifi. Fix from Frandroid here

EDIT: Root ToolBox changed name and now it's ROM ToolBox

Script For Loading Via Root ToolBox

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
# Copyright� 2011 Juwe11
# 13.8.2011 Updated VM values - Thanks to [Kalis] for help
# 18.8.2011 Added oom_adj values
# 19.9.2011 Updated VM and LMK values

if [ -e /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/adj ]; then
	echo "0,1,2,4,6,15" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/adj
fi

if [ -e /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree ]; then
	echo "2560,4096,5632,10240,11776,14848" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree
fi

if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/swappiness ]; then
	echo "20" > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
fi

if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure ]; then
	echo "70" > /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure
fi

if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs ]; then
	echo "3000" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs
fi

if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs ]; then
	echo "500" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs
fi

if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio ]; then
	echo "15" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio
fi

if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_ratio ]; then
	echo "3" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_ratio
fi

Script As App ==> JuweRamOptimizerApp

NOTE: Root ToolBox App have path with manually setting up these setings ==> Rom ToolBox>Perfomance(select on grey line)>Sysctl tweaks

CPU Master

nu62x.png

Root ToolBox

1Sc2H.png

2. Flash is fully working in Opera and might work in others browsers(like Dolphin Browser) but with some types of lags
3. Some videos don't work in Youtube app
4. DON'T INSTALL OC KERNEL. I TRIED SEVERAL TIMES BUT I GOT A BOOTLOOP AND WITH OC KERNEL WITH 0.3a VERSION I DIDN'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH SOD -- FIX IN PATCH PATH
5. Apps can be moved to sdcard now because Dexter fixed that bug with formating system, date and cache to ext4
7. Camera don't work
8. I noticed some problems with root permissions -- fix in patch path

Quadrant Score

RPqI0.png

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

VIA RECOVERY

-I prefer flashing via original recovery, not CWM-

1. Extract downloaded package and copy update.zip to root of sdcard
2. Unmount sdcard and pull it into your tablet
3. Boot it in recovery mode(combo: power+volume up; volume up; volume down; volume up). After you see progress bar press home button and wait for end of flashing. Then, erase data and cache and reboot

VIA FASTBOOT

1. If you don't have fastboot installed, go here
2. Extract downloaded package and one more time update.zip. Copy system.img and boot.img in any folder that you like and copy this zip file to sdcard(don't extract) and rename to update.zip if you use Original Recovery.
3. Boot to fastboot mode(combo: at Toshiba Logo press 3x power button + 1x power up)
4. Connect tablet to your computer via usb
5. Open terminal(in linux find it in menu and in windows open start menu, press run and type cmd)
6. In termianl, go to folder with system.img and boot.img with cd command(cd /path_to_your_directory)
7. Type(one by one):
Code:
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase linux
fastboot -w
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash linux boot.img
fastboot -w
fastboot reboot
After that go to recovery and flash Partition_Formater.zip and reboot

PATCHES

-Install patches via recovery-

1. Root patch ===>Root_patch.zip

2. Overclocked kernel up to 1504Mhz patch(because system, data and cache partitions are in ext4, I repacked new kernel with ramdisk from v0.4 kernel and zImage from OC kernel. Problem was in init.rc that tells kernel how to boot system and it tells that system, data and cache partitions are in ext2 and ext3 format) ===>OC_HC_Kernel_patch.zip

3. Apps2SD Patch and init.d support too(mounting scripts during boot) ==>init.d.zip

Installing guide:
1. Extract package, and type this:
Code:
adb remount rw
adb push /path_to_directory/bin/sysinit /system/bin
adb push /path_to_directory/run-parts /system/xbin
adb push /path_to_directory/etc/init.d /system/etc

2. Create ext3 partition on sdcard(external)

EDIT: Can't put run-parts to archive-symlink error; download it here

4. Youtube fix ==>YouTubeTablet.apk

Home Screen

TPKHA.png

Settings App-About Tablet Tab

T9WsW.png

Honeycomb Android Market App

WVO8T.png

Honeycomb YouTube App

yVVri.png

Honeycomb Browser App

VTyb4.png

Honeycomb Clock App

t4G63.png

Honeycomb WeatherBug App

z8egX.png

SuperUserElite App

0yK9D.png

In second screenshot we see that this might be 3.1 version of Honeycomb(can be checked by checking API version in HTML inside any app that's in /system/app folder or in framework that should be 12) ???
Or Dexter only write that(same for Xoom) because this android market don't check for in what country are you anymore but what device you have(I don't know that this is true)

I tried this update and it's OK for daily use but SOD is the main problem if you don't install OC kernel

If you want to thank's me, press thank's button please

If you have some problems, post them here and we'll try to fix them. I'll upload fix path and might add patch path to this post. If I'm not responding that's means that I don't have time to help or I don't know the answer. All members are welcomed to help.

Good luck with flashing!!!

Last edited:

Bieka

Mmmmh sounds good. The few known Bugs are not THAT important i think. Seems like it can run for allday use! I will try it in the next days when i have a little more time to flash it.

I will give Feedback then. For the SOD Thing i think it is a problem but since it is fixed i think shutting down the folio is the best choise to temporary fix the problem by yourself. Is there any way to get a log out of our folio when it crashes in SOD?

Just two Questions, what about 2D and 3D Acceleration, is it implented and useable? And the other Question is, i am now on CM7. Can i Flash with this one renamed to update.zip from Toshiba Recovery or do i have to clean up with fastboot and flash it safley from there?

BR
Bieka

Last edited:

Jon2555

Jan 17, 2011
Belgrade
I think that 2D acceleration works but for 3D I'm not sure. Graphics drivers CAN be better(we don't have someone that will write better that this) and for flashing I suggest you to install via fastboot.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using XDA App

Last edited:

Bieka

Hi,

i've flashed 0.4 now and it worked good. I also found the update.zip on Tabletroms.com which patches the old 0.3a Version. I flashed that one too and it worked well. Only bad thing is no Root Access. I downloaded pdanet and superoneclick now but with the installed kernel superoneclick always stucks on Rooting Step #5 where it wants to change the system folder rights. Always saying waiting for device.... I read that i have to flash an OC Kernel. So i downloaded one and now the whole Tab freezes on Boot. So i go back now and flash 0.4 with patch. Any Idea i can root this now?

Jon2555

Jan 17, 2011
Belgrade
Root is exsisting in this room but it don't work. We can use root binary from previous version but I don't have time to make update.zip today. I said that OCed kernel don't work and I suggest you that you don't mix version 0.4 and 1.7 patch, I tried that but with several problems. A botanimation is better in patch and I'll post it here as a patch.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using XDA App

Last edited:

Bieka

Hey,

thanks for your reply. So i tested HC now for this day and i have to say its on a good way, but its not able to be allday used at this point. I tested the 0.4 Version only and also tested the mixed Version. In 0.4 the Problem when clicking the Sound Tab in Settings produces FC is gone when i add the 1.7 patch. Also the whole Device runs smoother. Not cm7 like smooth but smooth. I think there are some things to do and the first we have to wait for is a good working kernel but it's amazing how good HC runs on the Folio for now. I hope the Folio will keep the love it gets till now and it will grow too ;). When i can do anything to help let me know i will try ;).

BR

shidima_101

Feb 24, 2011
Katwijk
www.treedevelop.com
Thanks for this post man! Been waiting and looking for a way to run HC on the tablet. For now i got some problems trying to install it on my tab. (borked my recovery again but was able to fastboot a working recovery on my tab) If i get it to work ill let you know how it goes :)

edit:

For now I only get a black screen after installing this mod. I tryed both the fastboot and the normal recovery mode.

Last edited:

highpoiss

Jan 19, 2008
Barendrecht
USB support

thanks useful rom.

Only i have no usb support
can't play a lot of youtube movies
Some games won't work

Is there a tread for USB drive support

Highpoiss

Jon2555

Jan 17, 2011
Belgrade
My fault sorry, fix with this:
Boot your tablet, connect it with pc via usb ,type |adb shell| and then type |adb push make_ext4fs /system/bin|,mount system patition|mount -o rw,remount -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /system| and type|make_ext4fs ???(I don't know how to format, any help???)|. Wait to tablet finish booting.

For me usb is working fine???

Attachments

• make_ext4fs.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Reactions: highpoiss

heata

Feb 11, 2010
Boot it in recovery mode(combo: power+volume up; volume up; volume down; volume up). After you see progress bar press home button and wait for end of flashing. Then, erase data and cache and reboot

thanks for the rom.
i dont understand what is meant by erase data and cache and rebbot. can someone teach me on how to do this? sorry and thanks for any help. =)

Jon2555

Jan 17, 2011
Belgrade
In recovery, after flashing is finished, select "erase data and cache"(or something like that) with volume buttons and press power button. After that, reboot with the same way like erasing data and cache but select "reboot"

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING
    I'M NOT DEV OF THIS ROM PORT, ALL CREDITS GOES TO DEXTER. I'M ONLY POSTING THIS HERE BECAUSE LOTS OF MEMBERS ASK FOR NEW VERSION THAT YOU CAN'T FIND IN OUR SUBFORUMS.

Download link =====> FolioComb 3xx v0.4

That I found here ===> Frandroid's(French community)FolioComb3xx v0.4 thread

Mixed Package With Root And OC Kernel =====> I'll add changes in system.img and upload here when I have time(recovery package, can be flashed via fastboot too)

BUGS AND POSSIBLE FIXES

1. SOD -- FIX IN PATCH PATH(also, set up minumum cpu freq to 608hz with CPU Master and try JuweRamOptimizerScript here, tried SuperCharger but it won't load up. I use RootToolBox for loading scripts, can be used any app that have script loading capability,can be loaded during boot(init.d) but I didn't find init.d folder in /system/etc, ability can be added in Dxidsa's Kitchen but I don't have time to play with that(someone can try that,with OC kernel, and post here), also, Root ToolBox have option for loading scripts ddluring boot,and with setting up these settings, my Folio was whole night(10h) in hibernation, I woke it without SOD issuse and the best is that it lose only 10%battery!!!!!!!!!!!)

EDIT: SOD is followed by some problems with wifi. Fix from Frandroid here

EDIT: Root ToolBox changed name and now it's ROM ToolBox

Script For Loading Via Root ToolBox

Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    # Copyright� 2011 Juwe11
    # 13.8.2011 Updated VM values - Thanks to [Kalis] for help
    # 18.8.2011 Added oom_adj values
    # 19.9.2011 Updated VM and LMK values

if [ -e /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/adj ]; then
    	echo "0,1,2,4,6,15" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/adj
    fi

if [ -e /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree ]; then
    	echo "2560,4096,5632,10240,11776,14848" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree
    fi

if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/swappiness ]; then
    	echo "20" > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
    fi

if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure ]; then
    	echo "70" > /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure
    fi

if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs ]; then
    	echo "3000" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs
    fi

if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs ]; then
    	echo "500" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs
    fi

if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio ]; then
    	echo "15" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio
    fi

if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_ratio ]; then
    	echo "3" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_ratio
    fi

Script As App ==> JuweRamOptimizerApp

NOTE: Root ToolBox App have path with manually setting up these setings ==> Rom ToolBox>Perfomance(select on grey line)>Sysctl tweaks

CPU Master

nu62x.png

Root ToolBox

1Sc2H.png

2. Flash is fully working in Opera and might work in others browsers(like Dolphin Browser) but with some types of lags
    3. Some videos don't work in Youtube app
    4. DON'T INSTALL OC KERNEL. I TRIED SEVERAL TIMES BUT I GOT A BOOTLOOP AND WITH OC KERNEL WITH 0.3a VERSION I DIDN'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH SOD -- FIX IN PATCH PATH
    5. Apps can be moved to sdcard now because Dexter fixed that bug with formating system, date and cache to ext4
    7. Camera don't work
    8. I noticed some problems with root permissions -- fix in patch path

Quadrant Score

RPqI0.png

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

VIA RECOVERY

-I prefer flashing via original recovery, not CWM-

1. Extract downloaded package and copy update.zip to root of sdcard
    2. Unmount sdcard and pull it into your tablet
    3. Boot it in recovery mode(combo: power+volume up; volume up; volume down; volume up). After you see progress bar press home button and wait for end of flashing. Then, erase data and cache and reboot

VIA FASTBOOT

1. If you don't have fastboot installed, go here
    2. Extract downloaded package and one more time update.zip. Copy system.img and boot.img in any folder that you like and copy this zip file to sdcard(don't extract) and rename to update.zip if you use Original Recovery.
    3. Boot to fastboot mode(combo: at Toshiba Logo press 3x power button + 1x power up)
    4. Connect tablet to your computer via usb
    5. Open terminal(in linux find it in menu and in windows open start menu, press run and type cmd)
    6. In termianl, go to folder with system.img and boot.img with cd command(cd /path_to_your_directory)
    7. Type(one by one):
    Code:
    fastboot erase system
    fastboot erase linux
    fastboot -w
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash linux boot.img
    fastboot -w
    fastboot reboot
    After that go to recovery and flash Partition_Formater.zip and reboot

PATCHES

-Install patches via recovery-

1. Root patch ===>Root_patch.zip

2. Overclocked kernel up to 1504Mhz patch(because system, data and cache partitions are in ext4, I repacked new kernel with ramdisk from v0.4 kernel and zImage from OC kernel. Problem was in init.rc that tells kernel how to boot system and it tells that system, data and cache partitions are in ext2 and ext3 format) ===>OC_HC_Kernel_patch.zip

3. Apps2SD Patch and init.d support too(mounting scripts during boot) ==>init.d.zip

Installing guide:
    1. Extract package, and type this:
    Code:
    adb remount rw
    adb push /path_to_directory/bin/sysinit /system/bin
    adb push /path_to_directory/run-parts /system/xbin
    adb push /path_to_directory/etc/init.d /system/etc

2. Create ext3 partition on sdcard(external)

EDIT: Can't put run-parts to archive-symlink error; download it here

4. Youtube fix ==>YouTubeTablet.apk

Home Screen

TPKHA.png

Settings App-About Tablet Tab

T9WsW.png

Honeycomb Android Market App

WVO8T.png

Honeycomb YouTube App

yVVri.png

Honeycomb Browser App

VTyb4.png

Honeycomb Clock App

t4G63.png

Honeycomb WeatherBug App

z8egX.png

SuperUserElite App

0yK9D.png

In second screenshot we see that this might be 3.1 version of Honeycomb(can be checked by checking API version in HTML inside any app that's in /system/app folder or in framework that should be 12) ???
    Or Dexter only write that(same for Xoom) because this android market don't check for in what country are you anymore but what device you have(I don't know that this is true)

I tried this update and it's OK for daily use but SOD is the main problem if you don't install OC kernel

If you want to thank's me, press thank's button please

If you have some problems, post them here and we'll try to fix them. I'll upload fix path and might add patch path to this post. If I'm not responding that's means that I don't have time to help or I don't know the answer. All members are welcomed to help.

Good luck with flashing!!!
    My fault sorry, fix with this:
    Boot your tablet, connect it with pc via usb ,type |adb shell| and then type |adb push make_ext4fs /system/bin|,mount system patition|mount -o rw,remount -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /system| and type|make_ext4fs ???(I don't know how to format, any help???)|. Wait to tablet finish booting.

For me usb is working fine???
    Tegra2 games should work

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Nice to see the 0.4 somehow solved a few issues, although it was not a 100% successful update, since the filesystem problem still exists.

anyways, i have no folio100 any longer, so i can no longer support it.
    Try to push them to the tablet instead of letting it automatic install on the sd card. That lets me run all my installed apps.

Br

Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk