If Download mode fails, how do we switch off

Search This thread

NightOrchid

Apr 21, 2011
I bought a new YP-G70CW yesterday and proceeded to flash it straight to 236 KPH. Heres the thread I got myself into:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1603209

I used to own a SGS and HTC phones, so i know it takes patience and time to flash, not sure how i ended up in the developer download mode though, small picture with a phone, an orange caution triangle and a PC, but there you go. The question is:

- If it fails in download mode agan, because we cant take out the battery, how do we reset, apart from the 10 sec hold the power button.-

I could only get it to work by flashing rjs kernal r14, but wouldnt work with KPF stock kernel... although fair to say.. I hadnt flashed 236 then, I was still trying to get it to boot, but after rjs.. it started bootlooping, got it back into the yellow download screen, flashed the KPH twice and it worked.. but my G70 is no longer recognised by kies, which is what i want to use for future updates (if there are any).

- this 236 is a little ropey, a few slow downs and audio crashes... If i decide to reflash to 235, what would you advise... after yesterday, im a little worried about this.

I realise im probably so used to flashing my SGS, that Ive just not been thinking and pressed something to many times, but putting it into download mode scares me.

thanks

Last edited:

NightOrchid

Apr 21, 2011
When the flashing failed and i held holding the power button down for 10 seconds, thats when it booted into the other download mode (phone, triangle, PC), so would i be right in thinking this works like flashing a SGS and what bricks it would be:

- Installing US firmware on my EU player.
- Installing a bootloader from a SGS
- pulling the USB cable out when flashing OR closing down ODIN.
- Geting impatient and pressing/holding down buttons when still in download mode or flashing.

A fewe other questions:

- Is there anything else that I could do to protect it against a brick.
- As this is not a phone, can I go back to 235 if i want, just use ODIN with XXKPF 235 in PDA.
- If i do go back, Will I have to replace rjs kernel first with stock KPF kernel, then flash KPF ROM or can i just flash the rom and it will overwrite rjs.

- Googles search by voice doesnt work unless its wifi'd, as in finding something in the player like a song or a contacts name, ot a web based question obviously.. Is that normal.

The reason Im asking is because Kies keeps telling me there is a connection problem when i plug it in and it wont detect it.. Is this due to rjs kernel or is there another issue, just to put my mind at rest.

Thanks

Last edited:

apapousek

Jul 18, 2011
When the flashing failed and i held holding the power button down for 10 seconds, thats when it booted into the other download mode (phone, triangle, PC), so would i be right in thinking this works like flashing a SGS and what bricks it would be:

- Installing US firmware on my EU player.
- Installing a bootloader from a SGS
- pulling the USB cable out when flashing OR closing down ODIN.
- Geting impatient and pressing/holding down buttons when still in download mode or flashing.

A fewe other questions:

- Is there anything else that I could do to protect it against a brick.
- As this is not a phone, can I go back to 235 if i want, just use ODIN with XXKPF 235 in PDA.
- If i do go back, Will I have to replace rjs kernel first with stock KPF kernel, then flash KPF ROM or can i just flash the rom and it will overwrite rjs.

- Googles search by voice doesnt work unless its wifi'd, as in finding something in the player like a song or a contacts name, ot a web based question obviously.. Is that normal.

The reason Im asking is because Kies keeps telling me there is a connection problem when i plug it in and it wont detect it.. Is this due to rjs kernel or is there another issue, just to put my mind at rest.

Thanks

Code:
heimdall close-pc-screen

ken2kold

well if you r in a regular download mode (Android digging) and you are no where near a pc just do this "HOLD THE POWER BUTTON AND UP ON THE VOLUME BUTTON AT THE SAME TIME UNTIL IT REBOOTS" i call this "FORCE GALAXY REBOOTION"( or fgr for short) i learned this method from years of experience with the ipod touch's dfu mode. But if you are in the other mode (emergency recovery) with the computer showing u need to get to Odin immediately! Hope this helped.

Sent From My ICS Galaxy Player Tab 5.O Using Tapatalk 2