Originally Posted by msnailgun
Hello everyone. I have a question regarding an already rooted Nook Tablet. I rooted it using the Albert Wertz method as found on here. I want to install Jelly Bean 4.1. Do I need to unroot my tablet then re-root or can I just install Jelly Bean? Thank you for any help.
No, you don't need to unroot and reroot.
I am giving you a brief rundown of what you have to do. I expect you to find out the details yourself and follow them.
You simply need to:
1. make a bootable TWRP or Clockworkmod recovery microSD (go to the development section)
2. copy onto said microUSB your flashable zips (ex: cm-xxx.zip, gapps-xxx.zip, and cwm-xxx.zip)
3. power off your NT, insert the bootable microSD containing your zips. Power on the NT and you should enter recovery
4. wipe data and factory reset, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik cache. For the love of the FSM, do NOT wipe /rom or /boot
5. flash the zips in this order: cm10.1, gapps, cwm
After all that is done, simply reboot your NT and welcome to the club of the l33t!
(I'm running succulent's 4.2.2 on my Nook Tablet. I HIGHLY recommend it over CM10.1. I have my CPU to 1.2GHz, and TabletUI enabled. It's definitely faster and more customizable than CM10.1).
Here's the link to succulent's ROM for the NT: http://iamafanof.wordpress.com/2013/...k-tablet-0218/