[Q] Ok Google hot word disabled?

Search This thread
Apr 1, 2014
Did Verizon disable this for some reason? Or did HTC? When I open the Google Search app (where you can usually say "Ok Google" to jump into voice commands), the settings say it's enabled, however it doesn't say "ok google" next to the microphone icon in the search bar, like it usually does
It's especially weird because I vaguely remember using the Ok Google a few days after I got it, but I could be mistaken (quite often this is the case)

No matter how loud I've screamed at it, it's not working. Anybody else having this?

Apr 1, 2014
I know it's not always listening. However you usually can say OK Google from the Google now app to go to voice commands

And I already have it on in the settings, but it's not working.

Oh and also when I installed the Google now launcher to see if it would work on the home screen there, it didn't.

tdnookhd

Jan 8, 2013
I enabled hot word detection but wasn't able to get it to work either.

Is your app out of date perhaps? It works fine for me, but it is limited to the Google Now app. I can't do it on the homescreen, but it works perfectly fine from the Google Now app (swipe up from home).

If you are totally up to date, maybe try going with a factory reset.

Rugged96

May 26, 2010
Nashville
Is your app out of date perhaps? It works fine for me, but it is limited to the Google Now app. I can't do it on the homescreen, but it works perfectly fine from the Google Now app (swipe up from home).

If you are totally up to date, maybe try going with a factory reset.

actually, this is how it works for me as well. I was hoping to get it from the home screen but swiping up is ok...not totally hands free but close.

tdnookhd

Jan 8, 2013
actually, this is how it works for me as well. I was hoping to get it from the home screen but swiping up is ok...not totally hands free but close.

If you want it on the homescreen, you'll have to sideload the Google Now Launcher APK and use that instead of BlinkFeed. You do lose access to HTC's widgets, but other than that there's not much difference.

If you want to do that, here's the XDA thread to get the APK:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2506488

Rugged96

May 26, 2010
Nashville
If you want it on the homescreen, you'll have to sideload the Google Now Launcher APK and use that instead of BlinkFeed. You do lose access to HTC's widgets, but other than that there's not much difference.

If you want to do that, here's the XDA thread to get the APK:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2506488

thanks for that option. i installed Nova because i didn't like the square app folders..I know, picky...so now i need to decide pro/con.

tdnookhd

Jan 8, 2013
thanks for that option. i installed Nova because i didn't like the square app folders..I know, picky...so now i need to decide pro/con.

Now Launcher's folders are a white circle background with the "stack" icon effect. You can simulate this in Nova and see how you like it before installing.

Nova Settings > Folders > Background > White Circle
Nova Settings > Folders > Style > Stack