FIX for google wallet activating (updated op)

Search This thread

leebo

Apr 4, 2007
Found out that I did not change the first of the three changes in build prop. Changed all three, uninstalled the update to wallet, cleared wallet, disabled SU, rebooted, installed update to wallet from market, opened wallet, added card....FINALLY have my $10!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

I think what some of us are forgetting to do is the hokey pokey, and then turn yourself around. I've done the hokey pokey without turning myself around, and I've turned around without doing the hokey pokey.

But if none of this works, tomorrow night I'm going to my neighborhood graveyard at midnight with a dead cat and a rope.

Sent from my EVO using XDA

Reactions: Anthonicia

imex99

Jun 30, 2008
Columbus,OH
Google Wallet fix:

Use at your own risk... I'm not responsible for any damage to ur phone.

You need a file explorer that can change read/write permissions, I use root explorer.

I cleared Google wallet from settings, apps, all apps, select wallet. I cleared all and cache.

Open your file browser, system and find build.prop

Make sure to set file browser to read/write, on top of screen with root explorer.

Select build.prop with long press, open in text editor.

I've included photos, change lines lines 13 & 64 only. Make ur 2 lines like what my photos show... Read carefully....

ro.product.model=
ro.product.device=

to both equal this: GT-I9300

425772d7-806b-54f6.jpg

425772d7-807c-8ef1.jpg

Save while exiting out of build.prop, go to super user settings. Turn super user off.

Reboot phone.... Test Google wallet to see if works, better use wifi to register first time, takes time to configure....

I turned super user back on after getting wallet working.

Worked for me, let me know or pm me questions.

I don't claim to be the one who figured this out, worked for me, trying to help others.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

PaulHBK

Apr 28, 2011
Well, finally gave in and did this hack. Appears to have worked (although i didn't turn Super User off before rebooting). Just have to try and make a purchase...

Sent from my LTEvo using XDA Premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339916964253.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339916964253.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 196

StormMcCloud

Jul 21, 2010
Atlanta, Ga
Take screen shots of what u edited in the build prop, u cleared wallet also?

You have to first be able to get into wallet to clear wallet.

As far as screen shots go it's not really hard to match up words. Plus you saying edit lines 13 and 64 only doesn't exactly make sense, "ro.product.model=" is line 10 in my phones build.prop and I highly doubt "ro.product.device=" is line 64.

Last edited:

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
The fix above is diff from op how other then ur line numbers?
Sent from my EVO using xda premium

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
Well, finally gave in and did this hack. Appears to have worked (although i didn't turn Super User off before rebooting). Just have to try and make a purchase...

Sent from my LTEvo using XDA Premium

Super user off is just to get rid of the unsupported device message.

aFoodStampBaby

Jun 30, 2011
Massachusetts
Never mind I figured it out. Worked great I'm back in action. Thanks bud. Hey do u think if I change it back to stock it would work this time?

Socrguru

Feb 4, 2007
Bennington, NE
I get tired of editing things manually, so I made a script to edit the build.prop for us! (Based on the HTCLinkifyDispatcher Fix by smw6180).

This will fix the lines in build.prop so you can try to fix Google Wallet. Steps:

1. Reset Wallet from within the app (if you can)
2. Uninstall Wallet updates through Play Market
3. Settings > Apps > Wallet - Clear Data (mine was grayed out because of uninstalling Wallet first) and Stop the app
4. Reboot into recovery
5. Flash WalletFix.zip, clear cache/dalvik cache, and reboot to system
6. Update Wallet through Play Market
7. Setup Market - should work!
8. Reboot to recovery
9. Flash WalletFix-revert.zip and reboot to system
10. Done!

Attachments

• WalletFix.zip
    144.9 KB · Views: 40
  • WalletFix-revert.zip
    144.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

luisrod03

Dec 17, 2010
el paso
I get tired of editing things manually, so I made a script to edit the build.prop for us! (Based on the HTCLinkifyDispatcher Fix by smw6180).

This will fix the lines in build.prop so you can try to fix Google Wallet. Steps:

3. Settings > Apps > Wallet - Clear Data (mine was grayed out because of uninstalling Wallet first) and Stop the app
4. Reboot into recovery
8. Reboot to recovery
10. Done!

Thanks....it work for me

HTC EVO LTE

Knight2011

Jun 18, 2010
Would leaving it at GT-I9300 cause a problem? Every time i set it back to the original i get the "not certified in your country". Google needs to fix this.

imex99

Jun 30, 2008
Columbus,OH
You have to first be able to get into wallet to clear wallet.

As far as screen shots go it's not really hard to match up words. Plus you saying edit lines 13 and 64 only doesn't exactly make sense, "ro.product.model=" is line 10 in my phones build.prop and I highly doubt "ro.product.device=" is line 64.

If they don't match up, different phones build props could be different bc of rooted roms...

Use the guide as reference to change the lines according to ur build prop...

imex99

Jun 30, 2008
Columbus,OH
Yea and if you can't clear the google settings its pretty worthless. I'm not breaking my secure element

Clearing google wallet is through settings of ur phone, apps and all, go to wallet and clear... Settings aren't ur wallet settings.

Go into ur phone settings and apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a fix for google wallet to let you login and has been confirmed it will let you buy things after doing it. I am making a new thread so it doesnt get buried in the Google wallet stuck at initializing your device thread. Be sure to thank jkt97401 for finding it and DZLRULZ for doing it and confirming he could buy things again in the thread posted below. I also did it to confirm it works to allow login again.

THIS WILL NOT FIX SECURE ELEMENT BRICKS!

EDIT: this fix has been blocked from my understanding in order to continue to use wallet you have to leave the change and not revert back to the original build prop however you are welcome to try out reverting it.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=27131994#post27131994

I found a workarround, this worked for me and hope it helps others!

Go into build.prop and change these values:

ro.product.model=
    ro.product.device=

to both equal this: GT-I9300

This makes your phone look like the Sprint galaxy nexus.

Reboot your phone and try to open wallet!

You may have to clear google wallet settings, I had to uninstall wallet and reinstall it after the build.prop change.

Hit the thanks button if this helped!

-------------- PS --------------

The reason I tried this is because I heard Google temporarily blocked the HTC EVO 4G LTE from accessing Google Wallet. I don't know the exact reason why, but this seems to work at least for now.

DUDES! It totally worked. I will be trying a transaction in a few minutes and reporting back. I was sick over this, worried about secure element. I got stuck at 99% resetting the app and eventually had to reboot.

I did what you suggested and it activated, and my $100.21 was still in the prepaid card no problem. Here's EXACTLY what I did to keep out of the unsupported device also:

EDIT: REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS (but not HTC UNLOCK, which I do not have)

-Enable SuperSU
    -Use ES File Explorer for root explorer (Settings->Root Explorer, give Superuser permission when asked) -> Mount File System (writable)
    -Edit build.prop in /system folder as described above (make a backup also so you can revert after activation!)
    -Disable root explorer in ES File Explorer
    -Disable SuperSU in SuperSU settings
    -Clear data for Wallet in Settings->Apps
    -Reboot
    -Open Wallet, log in
    -Add prepaid card
    -Close Wallet
    -Go to Android Settings->Apps->Downloaded->Wallet and force stop (hoping to keep it from knowing about the next step which is enable SuperSU to revert build.prop and keep away unsupported device message.)
    -Enable SuperSU
    -ES File Explorer -> Root Explorer -> Mount System
    -In /system folder replace build.prop with the backup I made (or just undo the changes manually if you like.)
    -Disable Root Explorer
    -Disable SuperSU
    -Reboot
    -Open Wallet and verify operation
    -Profit!

Sorry if this is jumbled, have to get to work but excited that it is fixed and hopefully by reverting build.prop no strange behavior will result!

Thanks again jkt97401!

If my toys break I get sad...that is all.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Forum Runner.

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Yes, it worked to buy Mountain Dew at a gas station just now.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Forum Runner.

Since people are having problems here is how it should look do not copy and paste.
    ro.product.model= GT-I9300
    ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Sprint
    gsm.sim.operator.alpha=Sprint
    gsm.operator.alpha=Sprint
    ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310120
    gsm.sim.operator.numeric=310120
    gsm.operator.numeric=310120
    gsm.sim.operator.iso-country=us
    gsm.operator.iso-country=us
    ro.net.apnwhitelist=admin
    ro.htc.checkin.delay=0
    ro.watch.appid=com.sdgtl.watch.jelcl_40_ics
    ro.telephony.ipv6_capability=1
    dev.defaultwallpaper=/system/customize/resource/beats.jpg
    dev.deviceimage_large=/system/customize/resource/jewel_cl_187x370.png
    dev.deviceimage_small=/system/customize/resource/jewel_cl_32x58.png
    # begin build properties
    # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
    ro.build.display.id=1.13.651.1 710RD
    ro.aa.rid=146
    ro.cwkey=SPCS_001
    ro.aa.skulist=651
    ro.aa.customizationid=361715
    ro.aa.project=JEWEL_CL_ICS_40
    ro.aa.mainsku=651
    ro.aa.taskid=259183
    ro.aa.romver=1.13.651.1
    ro.aa.maincid=SPCS_001
    ro.aa.modelid=PJ7510000
    ro.aa.cidlist=SPCS_001
    ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-sprint-us
    ro.build.id=IML74K
    ro.build.display.id=IML74K
    ro.build.version.incremental=60201.1
    ro.build.version.sdk=15
    ro.build.version.codename=REL
    ro.build.version.release=4.0.3
    ro.build.date=六 4月 28 04:56:33 CST 2012
    ro.build.date.utc=1335560193
    ro.build.type=user
    ro.build.user=
    ro.build.host=ABM032
    ro.build.tags=release-keys
    ro.product.model= GT-I9300
    ro.product.brand=sprint_wwe
    ro.product.name=jewel
    ro.product.device= GT-I9300

4. Reboot into recovery
    8. Reboot to recovery
    10. Done!
    1. Reset Default Settings Through Wallet.
    2. Go To Market And Uninstall Wallet Updates.
    3. Enable Root Through SuperUser.
    4. Change Lines In Build.prop(1st "ro.product.model" ONLY worked for me, DO NOT Delete the newly created "build.prop.bak".)
    5. Disable Root.
    6. Reboot.
    7. Install Wallet Update.
    8. Setup Wallet & Activate Card.
    9. Wait For Card To Be Added Successfully(Will Get Notification Within 2 Minutes).
    10. Force Stop Wallet Through Settings -> Apps.
    11. Enable Root And Revert "build.prop" back.
    12. Disable Root.
    13. Reboot.
    14. Open Wallet And Check To Ensure Card Is Still Active And Showing Balance Of $10 IF Not Already Used The Initial Free $10.

This Is My Process So Far. Let Me Know Your Experience. Not sure about other Root Browsers but Root Explorer actually creates a backup of "build.prop" the way it was before modifications named "build.prop.bak". What I did once I was ready to restore the lines to the initial text was just delete the "build.prop" file and renamed "build.prop.bak" to "build.prop".

Brought To You By TapTalk 2 Via LTevo
    Did the build.prop earlier in the week and it worked fine until I flashed a new Rom. If u recall I was the one who posted about the secure element error.

Just got phone replaced, well I guess it was yesterday morning now. This new phone has sense reloading every couple hours, complete phone resets, light leakage and the screen illuminates like an LCD tv when touched.

Last phone had none of that. If it wasn't for bricking the secure element...

What happened after I flashed a Rom with wallet was it was sticking at activating for device. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. After trying to get wallet to work again it gave secure element error.

Before flashing the Rom I only did the build.prop fix once and changed back to EVO from GT-I9300. It worked great until I flashed a Rom.

So, I may mess around with this phone today since I'm just gonna.take it back. May cut my losses and keep unrooted til there's a fix for wallet. Not sure if I want to get into this return game over and over. Really wanted to love this phone. Data sucks so bad and WiFi drops every 10 seconds, just really learning to hate it.

Begining to think HTC/Sprint/Google are all going to the ****ter. As much as I dislike apple they are really looking good right now, patent be or no.

Sent from my EVO using XDA

If you replace it make sure it is good before you walk out of the store and if you don't need wallet right now don't touch it root unlock and flash away then you can worry about wallet after Google fixes it.

wtf my phone is on the top and my moms is on the bottom. I'm rooted with custom roms and she's fully stock.

2012-06-17%2022.04.20.png
    2012-06-17%2022.04.13.png

Isn't that like phone incest? :D

Sent via XDA Premium