hyperion battery vs stock

Search This thread

youngv408

Dec 7, 2010
ok so i tested both batteries with a video!

(video = bf3 gameplay 1080p .wmv) looping over and over with mx player

each battery at 100%

stock is i believe 1850 mah

hyperion is 3500 mah

stock lasted 1 hour and 55 minutes at 10%

hyperion at 10% left beat stock by 45 minutes more

doesnt seem great increase in life but its something....any thoughts?

ohh yea i had to leave phone in my Frig because that phone was getting smoking hot

Cam R

Jan 29, 2012
Edmonton
woah! practically double the size, certainly not double the life.. That's kind of disappointing

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA

stemalo

Feb 29, 2012
If battery is double the size the we should expect double the usage. 55 stock and 55 + 45 for Hyperion.
Sounds OK to me

Sent from my LG-P935 using Tapatalk 2

Malnilion

Dec 21, 2011
@stemalo,

You missed that it was an hour and 55 for stock. So 115 minutes for stock and 160 minutes for Hyperion. Not so great.

996gt2

Mar 28, 2012
I'm certainly getting close to double the battery life with my hyperion battery.

Perhaps you just got a dud? Also, cold temperatures are not kind to batteries, so that may have skewed results too.

Last edited:

youngv408

Dec 7, 2010
I'm certainly getting close to double the battery life with my hyperion battery.

Perhaps you just got a dud? Also, cold temperatures are not kind to batteries, so that may have skewed results too.

battery ive had for about two weeks now...hmm i guess the frig didnt help my results
....well hyperion is like pretty much one hour extra...i guess its something

Namuna

Jan 11, 2010
New York
Some things to keep in mind...

1. New rechargeable batteries (of any chemistry) usually require anywhere from a few to a few dozen charging cycles before reaching peak performance.

2. There's no regulation on how a manufacturer goes about claiming the capacity of a battery, I have no doubt that Hyperion's rating of 3,500mAH probably has a real-life rating more in the neighborhood of 2,700mAH...Especially at such a discounted price.

3. Testing while looping a movie seems like a good indicator. I'd only suggest also putting the phone into airplane mode (to remove the radio from the equation), use an App Manager to make sure nothing else is running and lock the CPU to a specific frequency (if you have SetCPU) during testing.

Even so, 160min vs 115min is about a 40% increase over stock...So 1850mAH increased by 40% is right about 2600mAH, which is right around the range of my #2 statement above.

IMHO, with this 3rd party lesser-known name and at well less than the cost of what the OEM battery costs at -supposedly- half the capacity?...Yeah, I'm setting my own expectations on the low side when I receive mine that I ordered yesterday.

youngv408

Dec 7, 2010
Some things to keep in mind...

1. New rechargeable batteries (of any chemistry) usually require anywhere from a few to a few dozen charging cycles before reaching peak performance.

2. There's no regulation on how a manufacturer goes about claiming the capacity of a battery, I have no doubt that Hyperion's rating of 3,500mAH probably has a real-life rating more in the neighborhood of 2,700mAH...Especially at such a discounted price.

3. Testing while looping a movie seems like a good indicator. I'd only suggest also putting the phone into airplane mode (to remove the radio from the equation), use an App Manager to make sure nothing else is running and lock the CPU to a specific frequency (if you have SetCPU) during testing.

Even so, 160min vs 115min is about a 40% increase over stock...So 1850mAH increased by 40% is right about 2600mAH, which is right around the range of my #2 statement above.

IMHO, with this 3rd party lesser-known name and at well less than the cost of what the OEM battery costs at -supposedly- half the capacity?...Yeah, I'm setting my own expectations on the low side when I receive mine that I ordered yesterday.

ohh yea i had the cpu locked at 1.512 with no frills cpu control at performance....screen brightness was about half....i had wifi on...data on...gps on...bluetooth on....
and after all that mess my phone was acting real funky...like it wouldnt send text it would male phone calls...i rebooted and rebooted but it didnt help...i restored a backup and than it all worked....i guess the rom got screwed up or something...

FreeFlyFreak

Aug 20, 2011
I just got a Hyperion 3500mAh battery for the Motorola photon.

The performance and charge time indicate that it is in fact a 2200mAh battery.

I was disappointed by the deceptive advertising, labeling, and bait and switch.
For the price not bad for a 2200mAh, but I hate the deception so I am going to shout it loud and far across the web, so people know what they are getting in not in fact a 3500mAh battery, but is a 2200mAh battery.

That is all