[APP] Qualcomm Snapdragon BatteryGuru

Search This thread

BBetz

Mar 26, 2013
just installed, now time for the learning to begin =]

I love this app, but it only works with apps that run with the android updater. It would be nice to see them expand it, seeing as my big battery users are not . I'm glad that they are working on a solution. I'm going to run it to see what I think and let everyone know.

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
i decided to just use greenify lol.. heard ppl having issues with connecting to wifi since the guru shuts wifi off and uses the network.. with unlimited data doesnt matter to me when im home as i get terrible reception so my wifi needs to stay on when home

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

jj247

Sep 10, 2010
Denver
Just got out of learning mode

Qualcomm released an app for anyone with Snapdragon that will extend your battery life and monitor what you do to better control the processes. I just downloaded it and it is in "Learning mode" so I will be excited to see how much savings I get when it has learned and starts saving.

Yeah this is day one with this feature enable through the app after two day in learning mode. I can see a huge difference in battery life in the past 3 hours maintained a 9% power consumption. Will be interesting to see if this can endure for 10 hours on a single charge.

Settings
Screen OFF = after 15 seconds (automatically set by the app)
Brightness = 23%
Wifi = ON
Carrier Data = OFF
Sync = OFF
Eco Mode = OFF
Power Saver = OFF
GPS = OFF
Silent
No Vibration Touch feedback
Six email accounts set to manual and one on push.

Application on constant run
BBM
Hangouts
Google Music
Doubletwist
Soundcloud

Those are my typically settings while at work will be changing the sound profile and heavy texting so will report back tomorrow let you know my results.

Reactions: hazedabeast

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Qualcomm released an app for anyone with Snapdragon that will extend your battery life and monitor what you do to better control the processes. I just downloaded it and it is in "Learning mode" so I will be excited to see how much savings I get when it has learned and starts saving.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/02/19/new-app-qualcomm-releases-snapdragon-batteryguru-aims-to-extend-your-devices-battery-life/
    How is this different than the stock connections optimizer?
    mine keeps saying "We'll notify you when savings start" for 3 days so far. is this normal?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

yup, i installed it the day this was posted and it told me it start saving late last night
    Tried it. It's pretty much worthless. Turns off wifi when away from your access points, which is cool. Otherwise, all it does is prevent your major apps from updating to a varying degree. It's better to just control this yourself in app settings and "Accounts and Sync" settings. I think the app was designed with people who don't have a clue about Android sync settings in mind. For the type of person who spends time reading Android forums, it's a waste of time. Sorry :(

If you do choose to use it, be aware that depending on the setting you or it chooses for Gmail, push notifications may not work.

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

The optimizer finds the best connection strength between wifi and cell.
    This app controls the cpu.
    Opps..my bad. So to correct my above statement in a nutshell... the optimizer just doesn't work as good as it does on other phones. Guess I should have read the article first instead of assuming. :rolleyes:

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

Incorrect. This app has nothing to do with CPU. It automates turning on/off wifi, and blocks or reduces syncing for various major apps.
    Just got out of learning mode

Yeah this is day one with this feature enable through the app after two day in learning mode. I can see a huge difference in battery life in the past 3 hours maintained a 9% power consumption. Will be interesting to see if this can endure for 10 hours on a single charge.

Settings
    Screen OFF = after 15 seconds (automatically set by the app)
    Brightness = 23%
    Wifi = ON
    Carrier Data = OFF
    Sync = OFF
    Eco Mode = OFF
    Power Saver = OFF
    GPS = OFF
    Silent
    No Vibration Touch feedback
    Six email accounts set to manual and one on push.

Application on constant run
    BBM
    Hangouts
    Google Music
    Doubletwist
    Soundcloud

Those are my typically settings while at work will be changing the sound profile and heavy texting so will report back tomorrow let you know my results.