[HOW TO][ANY ROM] Detailed Install and Configure Halo

Search This thread

Cuppeerr

Mar 15, 2010
Grapevine, Texas
Here's my personal more detailed guide on how to install halo and configure it for any rom:) Yes I know there are other guides but I thought i'd give a more detailed one:)

Doesn't work on touchiz btw

1. Install Floating Notifications and enable it in the Accesibility menu.
2. Select the box labeled "Launch Apps in Halo Mode"
2013-09-08%2021.17.34.png

3. Go to the app notifications menu and check which ones you want it to notify you for. HINT: if you want a real halo experience the rightmost icon in the app list will make the icon stay floating.
2013-09-08%2021.44.05.png

4. This is a personal preference: Go to Customize in Floating Notifications and select "Dock after a few seconds of inactivity" and then at the bottom set "Amount of the icon hidden when docked:" to 55%. If it is more than 55% then you will have trouble clicking the stack.
2013-09-08%2021.44.14.png

5. REBOOT PHONE.

Now for the Xposed part.
1. Install Xposed Framework
2. REBOOT PHONE.
3. Go into Xposed Installer and go to "Downloads" and select XHaloFloatingWindow, and then install it.
4. REBOOT PHONE.
5. Go into Xposed Installer and go into "Modules" and check the box "XHaloFloatingWindow".
6. For safe measure REBOOT PHONE. And then you're done:)

Lemme know if y'all need any help!

Also on the reboots it hung on the splash for a while.

Oh yeah not responsible if your device catches fire.

While I have only tested this on a Htc One and Htc Evo 4G Lte it should work for any device/rom out there!:)

If you're having a problem with the stock messenger app on Sense 5 look here:

using this will make the sense stock messager app from working properly as you won't be able to see the "SEND" button in the halo window :(

*correction* you just have to change the height of portrait 0.8 or at least for me, maybe this doesn't happen with other ppl.

Last edited:

fireishott

Apr 8, 2009
Not really any rom. Does not work on touchwiz

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Same here. Can't pin. Is there some other way to do this?
Not very Halo if I can't pin any apps.
Everything else works fine, except resizing windows, which is somehow broken for me, so I just switched it off.

EDIT: Solved.
The pin icon is there, just off-screen.
Turn your phone to landscape and you'll be able to see it.

Last edited:

rouvenkutter

Oct 5, 2007
Apps open in normal mode instead of floating window

Floating Notification works. i can add apps and pin them but somehow the applications open the normal way and not in xhalo floating window. there's no difference if xhalo floating windows is installed or not.

Running 4.4 on my HTC One GPE, latest xposed beta with xhalo floating windows module loaded.
does this work for you guys?

Le_Vizz

Jul 3, 2012
Hey, thanks for yourquick guide. :)
But since the last update i got an "bug"
I can't open apps in halo mode anymore for example i try to launch whatsapp (with floating notifications) then nothing happens and i get an fc of whatsapp.. do you know any fixes?

sorry for my bad english

RusherDude

Aug 24, 2012
This has a big bug :(

First it works well, all the apps open normally and the first notification that FN catches opens as floating window, perfect.

But.. once one notification has opened as floating window, then the rest of apps opened until reboot (including launcher apps, etc) will open also as floating windows :(

Any fix for this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's my personal more detailed guide on how to install halo and configure it for any rom:) Yes I know there are other guides but I thought i'd give a more detailed one:)

Doesn't work on touchiz btw

1. Install Floating Notifications and enable it in the Accesibility menu.
    2. Select the box labeled "Launch Apps in Halo Mode"
    2013-09-08%2021.17.34.png

3. Go to the app notifications menu and check which ones you want it to notify you for. HINT: if you want a real halo experience the rightmost icon in the app list will make the icon stay floating.
    2013-09-08%2021.44.05.png

4. This is a personal preference: Go to Customize in Floating Notifications and select "Dock after a few seconds of inactivity" and then at the bottom set "Amount of the icon hidden when docked:" to 55%. If it is more than 55% then you will have trouble clicking the stack.
    2013-09-08%2021.44.14.png

5. REBOOT PHONE.

Now for the Xposed part.
    1. Install Xposed Framework
    2. REBOOT PHONE.
    3. Go into Xposed Installer and go to "Downloads" and select XHaloFloatingWindow, and then install it.
    4. REBOOT PHONE.
    5. Go into Xposed Installer and go into "Modules" and check the box "XHaloFloatingWindow".
    6. For safe measure REBOOT PHONE. And then you're done:)

Lemme know if y'all need any help!

Also on the reboots it hung on the splash for a while.

Oh yeah not responsible if your device catches fire.

While I have only tested this on a Htc One and Htc Evo 4G Lte it should work for any device/rom out there!:)

If you're having a problem with the stock messenger app on Sense 5 look here:

using this will make the sense stock messager app from working properly as you won't be able to see the "SEND" button in the halo window :(

*correction* you just have to change the height of portrait 0.8 or at least for me, maybe this doesn't happen with other ppl.
    It works t mobile note 3 running tweaked. Isnt this the same info as in the xhalofloating window mod thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2419287

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4