Tell HTC what you think of no more One X updates!

Search This thread

D4rk_nVidia

Sep 16, 2011
HTC wont do anything for One X :(
But I get an Note 3 in a few days. So I get more updates and got S-OFF.

One X was an nice phone because of the developers. Damn Tegra :D
. A special thanks to all developers .

Bye guys :D

teonagode

Jun 9, 2012
Ajdovscina
HTC wont do anything for One X :(
But I get an Note 3 in a few days. So I get more updates and got S-OFF.

One X was an nice phone because of the developers. Damn Tegra :D
. A special thanks to all developers .

Bye guys :D

Just before you go,one question are you not bothered by Samsung's KNOX bootloader and Sim lock to specific regions and etc. but enjoy your new phone :) I know that note 3 because my dad own's one !

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

D4rk_nVidia

Sep 16, 2011
Just before you go,one question are you not bothered by Samsung's KNOX bootloader and Sim lock to specific regions and etc. but enjoy your new phone :) I know that note 3 because my dad own's one !

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Actually I dont like Samsung phones but it was the only good offer from my provider and I did not inform me about the Note 3.
Know I saw Knox but I dont think that it´s so bad. I only hope that the Stock ROM with touchwiz is fast.

Sim lock and KNOX , im not sure but I think I saw ROM´s which deactivate things like that.
And in Germany you should have warranty if the problem is not because of flashing ROM´s or something like that

CleronFX

Aug 19, 2013
Reall unhappy 'bout that .
like it was with the Evo 3D ... now i have the HOX and again no support anymore , and for example Apple still supports his ~4 Year old Phone.
if HTC would do better Update support , they would get better than Companys like Samsung or LG.

anoniemouse

Jul 2, 2010
Well here is another customer that HTC is going to lose, getting a galaxy s4 in a couple of weeks.
At least Samsung update their devices for way past any contract length.

liran82

Jul 7, 2013
soon i will say bye bye HTC

I have the nexus 5 on the way.
HTC is very disappointing when it came to device update.
They drop support to the ONE S ONE X+ in less then year,
When they release an update it happens at least six months after the official release.
Not to mention that the release update with famous Wifi bug.

The biggest disappointing from me is the the HTC ONE X did not get s-off.
and additionally the nvidia tegra 3 blocking the possibility that ONE X will get port to news android version.

so bye bye HTC
You are spit from the well which you drinking.

jake speed

Nov 26, 2010
Bye bye one x..... I Also switched to Nexus 5. No More HTC for me because of the very disapointing poor support.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

mrkizy

Jan 16, 2014
I will tell HTC that this phone must be my last HTC phone. In other words,I will not but HTC phone.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

TheVisnu

Nov 7, 2010
www.visnu.ch
I dont know how to react to that statement of HTC

If s3 can get updates and also old apple phones then why cant HOX

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

HTC said the Tegra 3 Chip does not support 4.4.2 thats bulls**t.

Maybe they wont pay for an extra Update for an another Chip. If HTC makes another mistake like that Update canceling, I would never buy HTC again.

I really hope HTC makes some good changes I'm very exited to see the new HTC M8.

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
HTC said the Tegra 3 Chip does not support 4.4.2 thats bulls**t.

Maybe they wont pay for an extra Update for an another Chip. If HTC makes another mistake like that Update canceling, I would never buy HTC again.

I really hope HTC makes some good changes I'm very exited to see the new HTC M8.

it's not HTC ...it's because nvidia dropped support after 4.2.2...so anything above requires newer kernel and many other things which nvidia doesn't share with HTC because they dropped support for hox/hox+ and LG 4xHD tegra revision...so it's not really HTC's fault!...this time HTC isnt able to do ANYTHING...it's the same like with the Gnex ....SoC manufacturer dropped support for their SoC so they can't update officially higher then the last official update! or like with htc one s ...the snapdragon s3 or so isn't supported anymore...

Reactions: jake speed

saitch76

Nov 27, 2008
it's not HTC ...it's because nvidia dropped support after 4.2.2...so anything above requires newer kernel and many other things which nvidia doesn't share with HTC because they dropped support for hox/hox+ and LG 4xHD tegra revision...so it's not really HTC's fault!...this time HTC isnt able to do ANYTHING...it's the same like with the Gnex ....SoC manufacturer dropped support for their SoC so they can't update officially higher then the last official update! or like with htc one s ...the snapdragon s3 or so isn't supported anymore...

It's a manufacturer's responsibility to their customers to invest in responsible suppliers and HTC hasn't. Simple as that.
Someone has already said in this thread that they paid HTC for their phone and not nvidia. Again it's as simple as that.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
It's a manufacturer's responsibility to their customers to invest in responsible suppliers and HTC hasn't. Simple as that.
Someone has already said in this thread that they paid HTC for their phone and not nvidia. Again it's as simple as that.

Yea that doesn't matter...we all paid for the phone not Nvidia. ..but if nvidia don't want to support the chipset anymore HTC can't do anything for it...its not only HTC..LG has the sane problem with the 4XHD. ..

Gesendet von meinem One X mit Tapatalk

saitch76

Nov 27, 2008
Yea that doesn't matter...we all paid for the phone not Nvidia. ..but if nvidia don't want to support the chipset anymore HTC can't do anything for it...its not only HTC..LG has the sane problem with the 4XHD. ..

Gesendet von meinem One X mit Tapatalk

And it should be nvidia that suffers for that rather than HTC customers.

saitch76

Nov 27, 2008
Just because the one x had bad support due to lack of support by nvidia? Buy the one m7/m8 and you won't regret it...
HTC made a terrible error of judgement going with a nvidia soc. I have no obligation to support HTC through their bad business decisions. My wife has a m7 and its a decent phone but HTC 's competitors are producing devices that are as good if not better with much better official support. I emailed HTC a survey of over 300 One X+ owners expressing their concern over lack of official updates for the device. HTC didn't even acknowledge it with a reply. Its a no-brainer to leave HTC IMO.

flame10

Dec 26, 2009
I have been using 3 HTC devices from year 2009, based on experience I can say that HTC has only survived due to the developer love shown over here at XDA, unless there was such a wonderfull romming community for all HTC devices they won't have existed, at least I won't have continued.

But Tegra/NVidia fault or not, I'm least bothered, when HTC sold a costly HOX to me 2+ years ago, they have touted it to be the best phone, if they cannot provide a update to it 2 yrs down the line, I guess the last update happened 1 year ago, I will be forced to buy a new device to stay updated. I have real feeling that this is a marketing strategy of HTC, they will be saying the same thing next year about M7 and the next about M8

I'm done with this .. will keep using the HOX, till I can.. then will ditch HTC. Believe me, I have a few friends who bought HTC devices after looking at mine over the years, yes minimum 20 / 30 devices. I will make sure they also stop buying... Good luck HTC.. I or my friends won't ever bother you in future.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that HTC have confirmed they are not providing any further OS updates for the One X and the One X+, I started a thread in the One X+ forum with a survey monkey link to give us all the chance to tell HTC what we think of their decision. Please take 5 minutes to complete the survey. The thread is here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49619827

Many users are frustrated that HTC don't listen to their customers so I compiled the survey to give us all the opportunity to express our collected opinion. Carpe diem!
    It's a point of principle that you sell something to people and two years later you say to them "hey you bought our stuff within the last two years, but we can't support it anymore". Yes it isn't the end of the world and the phone won't exactly stop working, but when it's capable of getting the update and giving us (the people who buy the thing) a better android experience, then why deny us that? Not all of us want to keep getting new phones all the time.

Well that's a matter of choice that how you define "support".
    No offence, but I can clearly see now (after the whole jb update issue back then) people who are somehow involved in software development or maintanance do get a clearer view.

Do you expect your Windows XP laptop to have Windows 8 free(which is three major versions later)?
    Do you even tried to guess not even calculate what are the costs to HTC to update this phone further?

It came with 4.0, got minor fix, major in terms of effect but minor in version
    Got major with 4.1 and got two minors for it
    Got major with 4.2 and got one minor for it

The phone is supported, it is evolving and this must have an end. After 4.4 Google might release sonething magnificent too, if HTC provides 4.4, won't you want 4.5 too? Where does it stop? What is the ethical point to stop? No where...

It is just an economical view and that's the only approach you can have.
    And HTC is a small company and it has a detailed "overlay software" over Android bla bla bla known stuff.

HTC's policy is the same for years.. I want you guys to stop this for saving your own energy, not for saving HTC don't get me wrong. I don't care how HTC feels, I ***** to their face on elevate :)
    But ppl always consume time and energy about this and I just wanted to point out that its useless, of course you can do whtver u want :)

Cheers
    soon i will say bye bye HTC

I have the nexus 5 on the way.
    HTC is very disappointing when it came to device update.
    They drop support to the ONE S ONE X+ in less then year,
    When they release an update it happens at least six months after the official release.
    Not to mention that the release update with famous Wifi bug.

The biggest disappointing from me is the the HTC ONE X did not get s-off.
    and additionally the nvidia tegra 3 blocking the possibility that ONE X will get port to news android version.

so bye bye HTC
    You are spit from the well which you drinking.
    I made my views pretty clear. HTC won't listen, if they do, it'll be a half ar**d support like the desire, desire HD...etc etc. Next time i'm just getting a google nexus phone outright and a 30 day rolling contract. Bye Bye HTC, hope you either learn or sink
    well getting a phone on a 2 year contract suddenly becomes our fault if the company decides not to support it....ethical point to stop it would be when most people who've got the one x on a contract when it got released finish that contract. THAT in my mind would be ethical. But of course, there are other companies (crapsung) who updated their galaxy s2 all the way from gingerbread to 4.1.2 with touchwiz. Yes samsung is a bigger company but HTC are there to take the fight to them for market place...no? then i'm sorry....my prejudice still stands.

Why do you look for a side to put a blame on? You're still using the word "support" for upgrading a sofware to an upper version, but let stay in terms, if we're looking for "ethical", this does NOT mean support. I can get many things as your opinion, but this is NOT. HTC does still support One X, it is not upgrading the software to another major version, that is it. Don't wanna look annoying but I am a software and management consultant and make lots of Support and Maintenance agreements, what you want is not support.

Well, you want an ethical solution.. In Turkey One X was still sold I think ended about 4-5 months ago, and with 3 year contracts. It is also sold for a long time, may be not in Western countries or in Oceania, but deciding just for those countries is not legal right? So, how long the upgrade process should last then? till 2016? 2017? This has no ethical solution. You used the key word, most. This is the best way to measure the economic point of view :) Would you like to make a market analysis to find out when the One X is sold most? Would you choose a specific month of a year? This is a dead-end bro, believe me. :)

Again, don't wanna look annoying, but then get a crapsung, you do know they do update their phones further, that is clear from Sensation/S2.
    This is how HTC makes their market strategy and you might say that it is clear that ther strategy is not working, but most of experts beliece upgrades are not the main reason for this.
    Anyways, I don't wanna "troll" in the topic where people write their opinions, just wanted to share mine.

Cheers