[Request] Dell Streak Pro [custom ROM]

Search This thread

dr-dev

Jun 13, 2014
in ur heart
Not creating separate thread for this, just teasing a bit :).

Summary: cyanogenmod-10.1 for StreakPro

NOT suitable for everyday use as of yet (mediaserver lockup bug is showstopper here), testing purposes only.

prerequisites:
  1. baseband that is newer than 061 to get gsm voice working. (tested using baseband taken from MIL_2.0.12.0)
  2. CWM recovery (to install it :))
Working:
  • Boot
  • Speaker/wired headset/handset audio
  • Voice calls
  • Wifi
  • adb is enabled by default
  • 3d seem to be working (gfxbench runs just as fine as on 061-World-Wide-Dell ROM)
  • Sensors (partially, there seem to be a problem with proximity sensor in phone app)
  • Hardware buttons (+button leds)
  • Touchscreen
  • Top LED (behaves differently, green while charging, blinks white on unread sms/email)
  • Battery stats (consumption measurement values are taken from similar device (htc pyramid) - if someone has access to real values for SPro - please share)

Buggy/not working at all:
  • Mobile data (known, working on fixing it)
  • Tethering (haven't touched it yet)
  • Bluetooth (haven't touched it yet)
  • UMS (internal/external SD are recognized and accesseable by apps, but pc mounting fails due to Settings segfault)
  • Camera (halfway there - cameras are being recognized by system/applications but currently we're unable to capture image. i'm working on it)
  • Mediaserver seem to be locking up boot process 9 times of 10. adb shell killall mediaserver will resume it.
  • You're encouraged to issue adb shell pm disable com.android.providers.media/com.android.providers.media.MediaScannerReceiver
    to make mediascanner stop eating battery and cpu time like crazy.
  • No video in Youtube app. (haven't touched it yet)
  • Mute switch (low priority, got several options how to fix it, have to decide which is better)

bug reports aren't really needed, i'm aware of problems current build has and slowly (tbh - very slowly, shortage of spare time) progressing on those.
if someone's able/wishes to help fixing bugs - device tree and kernel are on my github.

kibuuka plz give some time to streak pro community and fix these bugs...or compile cm 9 or 11 if possible...:crying:

Reactions: shakes1883

hamedbonab

Aug 28, 2014
need emergency help SREAK ORO NO IMEI

i lose my network and IMEi when i installed cyanogenmod-10.1 for second time. please help me.
the backup that i create from another streak pro( i have 2 devices) don't work too when i restore it to my phone .
i tired
dear firends help help help

shakes1883

Aug 8, 2012
Hi there, dif u succeed porting a stable rom? Please share the CM11 you have lemme run it and see :)

Eagerly waiting

Sent from my GS01 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll just leave it here :)

Not creating separate thread for this, just teasing a bit :).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oje1t47k1ght15w/cm_streakpro-ota-3ead3941fd.zip

Summary: cyanogenmod-10.1 for StreakPro

NOT suitable for everyday use as of yet (mediaserver lockup bug is showstopper here), testing purposes only.

prerequisites:
    1. baseband that is newer than 061 to get gsm voice working. (tested using baseband taken from MIL_2.0.12.0)
    2. CWM recovery (to install it :))
    Working:
    • Boot
    • Speaker/wired headset/handset audio
    • Voice calls
    • Wifi
    • adb is enabled by default
    • 3d seem to be working (gfxbench runs just as fine as on 061-World-Wide-Dell ROM)
    • Sensors (partially, there seem to be a problem with proximity sensor in phone app)
    • Hardware buttons (+button leds)
    • Touchscreen
    • Top LED (behaves differently, green while charging, blinks white on unread sms/email)
    • Battery stats (consumption measurement values are taken from similar device (htc pyramid) - if someone has access to real values for SPro - please share)

Buggy/not working at all:
    • Mobile data (known, working on fixing it)
    • Tethering (haven't touched it yet)
    • Bluetooth (haven't touched it yet)
    • UMS (internal/external SD are recognized and accesseable by apps, but pc mounting fails due to Settings segfault)
    • Camera (halfway there - cameras are being recognized by system/applications but currently we're unable to capture image. i'm working on it)
    • Mediaserver seem to be locking up boot process 9 times of 10. adb shell killall mediaserver will resume it.
    • You're encouraged to issue adb shell pm disable com.android.providers.media/com.android.providers.media.MediaScannerReceiver
      to make mediascanner stop eating battery and cpu time like crazy.
    • No video in Youtube app. (haven't touched it yet)
    • Mute switch (low priority, got several options how to fix it, have to decide which is better)

bug reports aren't really needed, i'm aware of problems current build has and slowly (tbh - very slowly, shortage of spare time) progressing on those.
    if someone's able/wishes to help fixing bugs - device tree and kernel are on my github.
    Finally we get CWM Recovery for Dell Strek Pro.

[StreakPro][Recovery][Beta]Clockwork Mod 6.0.1.1
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=29847686#post29847686

This CWM made by manii
    and I am a tester :) (because SPro launch only in Japan)

I already asked to Cyanogen mod and AOKP.
    But Kang said "we don't support dell" and Cyanogen mod no answer:(

I'm looking for custom rom developers.
    Please help me :eek:

Regards.

Sent from my GS01 using xda premium

It's in the works. CM10.1 compiles just fine, but i'm getting bootloops due lack of ion support in 2.6 kernel. I've managed to (mostly) port spro-specific things to CodeAurora's 3.4 kernel and fixed all compilation errors, but spro's device configuration routine is sort of different from vanilla msm8260 (some things are being configured by aboot, yet it's performing some checks that are unclear to me at the moment). Currently kernel fails to boot and device is getting into the blink-camera's flash-and-switch-screen-off mode (same mode device gets when it's turned on with volume-up+volume-down keys).

Oh, and by the way: i've tried to contact both Compal (odm and actual kernel developer for spro) and Dell to get information about what kernel was used in that unreleased 062-world wide dell rom. Compal's mailserver refused to deliver my message, and Dell's opensource departament people responded only once askung if i seek information on 2.6 kernel. I've re-stated that i'm seeking information on 062 rom and 3.x kernel - no word from them since then :)

So, we're up to ourselves with this one. If anyone's capable and willing to help with resolving 3.4 kernel boot issues - drop a line into this thread - i'll upload my current kernel tree to github.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Anyone figured out how to enter into recovery mode of dell GS01?:crying:
    Power+volume up+home if i recall it correctly. Another way is to issue
    Code:
    fastboot boot your-recovery-image-name.img
    while in fastboot mode.
    Kindly requesting for help with my phone mentioned above,
    i was looking for methods to root, i ran super one click and got my phone stuck on the E mobile logo,
    i cannot find any support on the internet,
    am so frustrated

First of all - as a rule of thumb you're better NOT to use one-click solutions for anything - these ARE evil.

Let's think you don't want to/can't disassemble it.
    You'll need:#1 drivers for Spro - grab it here, #2 fastboot and adb binaries - grab these, #3 one of the stock ROMs - TheManii did a great job collecting them - select one containing SPro in filename from here, #4 CWM recovery image - grab this one (courtesy of TheManii) and #5 - superuser flasheable package (by TheManii as well:))

You have to wait until phone's battery is fully drained.
    After that you need to connect it to pc. It will enter so called "charge-only state" (charging battery animation). Wait until it fully charges (LED will become green). Disconnect it from pc/power supply now.

Then you'll need to turn it on by pushing power button AND volume down at the same time to enter fastboot mode - screen will go black with two lines on it:
    Code:
    FATBOOT!!!!
    Version 0.5

Connect your phone to pc - you'll see third line
    Code:
    USB cable connected
    and windows will ask for drivers for device (if you don't have them installed already)

After drivers installation you're set to fix you problem.

Open command prompt and cd to a dir containing adb and fastboot binaries (let's assume full path is y:\adb\ and you have copied CWM image into this folder):
    Code:
    cd y:\adb\

Then boot (we don't flash it this time preserving your device's warranty :)) into CMW recovery

Code:
    fastboot boot y:\adb\SPro-6.0.1.2.img

You'll see good'ol CWM recovery screen. Navigate to "Mounts and storage", then select "mount USB storage". Your pc will now be able to access phone's internal and external storage. Now copy ROM image of choice and superuser package to either of phone's partitions you've connected to pc on previous step.

Select Unmount in CWM menu (AFTER you did a safe device removal in windows - thin precaution will save you some nerves).
    Navigate to "install zip from sdcard", then to "choose zip from sdcard", select ROM image you've copied previously, select "Yes - Install update-zip-you-have-selected.zip"
    CWM will install ROM image for you.
    Now do the same selecting superuser package instead of ROM image and install it as well.

Select "reboot system now". If everything's ok you'll see your device booting into your newly installed ROM. If it doesn't - get to fastboot mode again, boot CMW image and do a factory reset using it ("wipe data/factory reset").
    Finally we get CWM Recovery for Dell Strek Pro.

[StreakPro][Recovery][Beta]Clockwork Mod 6.0.1.1
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=29847686#post29847686

This CWM made by manii
    and I am a tester :) (because SPro launch only in Japan)

I already asked to Cyanogen mod and AOKP.
    But Kang said "we don't support dell" and Cyanogen mod no answer:(

I'm looking for custom rom developers.
    Please help me :eek:

Regards.

Sent from my GS01 using xda premium
    Help

Anyone figured out how to enter into recovery mode of dell GS01?:crying: