[THING WM6.1 21127 v2.32 2010-05-04 RealVGA FKB SRS]

Search This thread

thingonaspring

Mar 8, 2006
3G works for calls just fine out of the box, but to get 3G data you'll need to configure it using this cab :-
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=204996&d=1247617286
When you've run that app, uninstall it as it's only needed once.

You can also configure the connection manually under "settings->connections->connections", if you know the correct details for your mobile network.

The connection setup wizard has been left out of the ROM to save space - it's 3mb of rom space used for something that is only ever run once, or not at all if you already know the setup details for your network.

I've looked into MP3 ringtones some more, mostly to refresh my memory as to how they work, and unfortunately it is as nasty as I remembered it being.
Mp3 ringtones use a ringtone plugin RTPluginEX3.dll, which links into HTC's Digital Rights manager and HTC's Directshow filters - total cost to include all that in the rom is at least 3.5 MB, and probably a lot more as I didn't finish tracing all the dependencies.
I've still not given up though - there will be a way round that problem.

Last edited:

enigma79

Feb 3, 2010
Sofia
I am ready to test, so a problem with 3G, I do not use this network here is not maintained, and is including when you request is not very appropriate for me because at this moment there is no connection to the phone, install Advanced Config from there off 3G, no effect, again including a moments problem with NumBattery as I said in the top post at times disappears and appears a standard battery, then reset to fix it, another problem with the program WkTASK, not embedded in color with theme, I could not fix the problem and the colors of the program, install a separate black theme, things stitching, but a slight delay with the new theme, I offered to make a new Comm Manager to maintain not only phone, Bluetooth and WiFi but also 3G , Infrared and flight in an airplane, the problem with MP3 is also good to keep this from me and is sorry if you intrude, but I knew that was a disadvantage for me, congratulated me for diligence on this rom:D

thingonaspring

Mar 8, 2006
RAM on first boot of 64mb device = 32.97mb.
I've just got my test 64mb uni working again (new screen cable), so I'm able to test this again.

I'm currently working on an updated version which is quicker, smaller and has more stable bluetooth support.

I even found an extra 73Kb of free space in the XIP section - thought I'd optimised the hell out of that.

thingonaspring

Mar 8, 2006
New version 21127

New version uploaded in 1st post.

It uses an all new WM 6.1 XIP and SYS 21127 - kitchen and roms for 64/128 available.

Hmmm, it's 2AM. Time for bed.

thingonaspring

Mar 8, 2006
@rykos88
have you tried changing the driver in the sd-settings app?
Start->Settings->System->SD-settings

JouSePo

Nov 24, 2005
Thingonaspring WM6.1_21127

Changes :-
- All new 21127 XIP and SYS ported
- added tcpmp avrcp plugin (play, pause, next, prev from a2dp headset)
- refreshed flash video support
- tidied and fixed tcpmp language strings (english only)
- bluetooth stability improved, but like all wm6+ uni roms, it's not perfect
- removed some unused image files

4.0mb Pagepool for 64mb devices (32.4Mb free ram on clean boot with 200+contacts and appointments synced)
128mb version has pagepooling disabled
Flash Disk enabled

Removed :-
- Windows Media Player (TCPMP integrated to replace WMP)
- Office OneNote
- Customer Satisfaction (SQM)
- FirmwareUpdate
- Catalog
- Entertainment (games)
- Transcriber
- Getting started
- Bootsplash images
- MP3 ringtones not supported.
HTC's ringtone extension takes up a lot of space in ROM and it's very slow to load. Convert ringtones to wav instead
- and lots more annoying MS nonsense removed

Included :-
- TCPMP 0.72 recomp3 fully integrated to replace Windows Media. Suports WMA/WMV/FLV/FLAC/OGG/DIVX/MP3.......
- PocketNotepad
- PocketRAR
- AdobePDF Reader 2.5
- No2Chem's USB to PC usb mass storage driver
- No2Chem's neuPowerCpl replaces backlight settings, power control panel and adds some nice options.
Note that it won't display advanced usage stats (batt temp etc) as no neuBattery driver exists for uni.
- Dutty's SDHC driver package (tested with 2/4/8/16gb)
- PimBackup
- JWright's Network Plugin (mount windows shared drives over wifi/activesync)
- TaskManager 3.1
- TotalCommander 2.5.1
- Windows Live
- Remote Desktop Client

This rom has no bootsplash screens, so you will see a black screen on boot, followed by a white screen.
Tap the white screen to begin using the device on 1st boot.

Drivers, XIP section, registry, pagepool and filesystem have all been optimised for speed and RAM.

Every single EXE, DLL, MUI, CPL and plugin has been made into a module - with the exception of .NET libs (can't be modular) and one or two specific DLLs/EXEs that will not execute in modular form.

Download Link (files compressed with 7zip www.7zip.org) :-

Kitchen 64 and 128 (extract it to c:\)
http://www.4shared.com/file/245718802/29ada8b8/Uni_21127_kitchen.html

ROM 64MB
http://www.4shared.com/file/245718785/744cf02e/Uni_21127-64.html

ROM 128MB
http://www.4shared.com/file/245718768/947ea11d/Uni_21127-128.html

GREAT!!!!

Have you tried to port a 6.5 or 6.5.5 image and see how much memory ram left ?¿?¿?

thingonaspring

Mar 8, 2006
@JouSePo

It seems we've run out of WM6.1 versions to play with (21127 is the last as far as I can see), so I guess I should take a look at 6.5.

To be honest, I don't think much of 6.5's default UI - the honeycomb thing just makes no sense to me, but the updated virtual memory system is something I've been wanting to play with.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thingonaspring WM6.1_21127 v2.32

ROM changes for v2.32 :-
    - TCPMP AVRCP support is back! Thanks to excellent work from bimbam69 and xiaojin1985 at this thread
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=5685536#post5685536
    - TCPMP skins are still supported with the new AVRCP version, like this skin by Iphone2
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=296446&d=1269090544
    Extract the VGA "skin.xml" and "skin" folder to your \windows dir, then start tcpmp.
    - Bluetooth recieve (obex) bug fixed
    - Rotate Dpad bug fixed
    - IRDA fixed
    - fixed rar/zip file associations
    - SD Drivers rebuilt
    - Tidied bluetooth drivers, removed unused DLL
    - Tidied OEM Apps, removed unused DLL
    - Removed unused certificates
    - Added File dialog changer, enable it in Settings->System
    - Added bluetooth setting page security tab

ROM changes for v2.3 :-
    - Reorganised XIP. Crypt32.dll moved to IMGFS (saving 460kb RAM), wince.nls moved to XIP (losing 260kb RAM). Net gain 200kb of physical RAM and a nice speedup from wince.nls being loaded into XIP
    - modified boot registry to load devicestacks more intelligently (saving RAM) and restricted some core drivers to remain in pagepool and link exclusively to device.exe (much faster and should save some power)
    - Hardware Buttons tweaked, added voice record on press+hold record, wirelessmgr on light button and assigned proper icons to all buttons
    - fix added for some situations where STK wouldn't work
    - added sensible delay to up/down slider
    - hidden encryption control panel, it's not supported so there's no point seeing it
    - hidden error reporting control panel, not supported
    - fixed LZX compression in the kitchen
    - downsized today backdrop to save some ram (it's now 4 tiles instead of one big image)
    - Added call recording option to phone, just select "record" during phone conversation
    - Rebuilt bluetooth support using drivers from HTC Athena, registry settings overhauled, A2DP works much better now. It may jump when a headset is first connected. Just disconnect/reconnect to fix this.

ROM changes for v2.21 :-
    - FingerKB updated with multi-language support and a different skin (again by giannis86). Skin graphics optimised to 8-bit BMP to save resources.
    - FingerKBConfig now works, goto Settings->input->options and select input languages, configure smileys and all that good stuff.
    - AE Buttons plus now supported due to a slightly different keyboard driver. Tested with backlight button launching 3 seperate apps depending on how many times the button is pressed.

ROM changes for v2.2 :-
    - RealVGA added. 96, 128, 192dpi supported for all pre-installed apps
    - note 3rd party apps may or may not support non-192 DPIs
    - Look in settings->system for realvga option panel

- FingerKB (skin by giannis86) is fully integrated into the ROM. This took a bit of fiddling and hexediting, but it now works beautifully in all DPIs.
    - All other SIP input methods removed (MS keyboard, block and letter recogniser). It saves 1.7mb of space.
    - FingerKB makes "bing" noises on each keypress by default, just switch off "event" sounds in "sounds and notifications" panel to disable this.
    - Note the finger keyboard config app is not included as it doesn't work on the fully integrated version.

- TCPMP is now bimbam69's version, which supports skinning and integrates better with the mini Windows Media core
    - WMA9Pro audio is now supported, using the native windowsmedia DLL
    - WMV9 is fully supported, using the native WM DLL
    - no skin is used by default, to add a skin just drop skin.xml and associated images in \windows folder. For an example, see Osprey00's work here :-
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6071639&postcount=284
    - note that Bimbam69's tcpmp does not support AVRCP as yet. He knows this and would love to enable it, but needs help from the original author of AVRCP plugin. Let's hope they get it together.

- SRS Wow HD is now included also. Happy days.
    - Look in settings->system control panel for wow HD options (wow HD disabled by default)

Despite all the hefty new features (realVGA is really big), the tightly-integrated new TCPMP and removal of old MS SIP input methods means this version is only 600kb bigger. How's that for optimisation?

64mb versiom has 4.0mb Pagepool. 33.5 Mb free RAM on clean boot with 200+contacts and appointments synced)
    128mb version has pagepooling disabled
    Flash Disk enabled
    Extended ROM enabled

Removed :-
    - Windows Media Player (TCPMP integrated to replace WMP)
    - Office OneNote
    - Customer Satisfaction (SQM)
    - FirmwareUpdate
    - Catalog
    - Entertainment (games)
    - Transcriber
    - Getting started
    - Bootsplash/welcome images
    - MS Sip input methods (replaced by fingerkeyboard)

Included :-
    - RealVGA
    - SRS WOW HD
    - Fingerkeyboard
    - MP3 ringtones
    - Opera Mini 5 native WM version
    - Bimbam69's TCPMP 0.72 recomp3 fully integrated to replace Windows Media. Suports WMA9pro/WMV/FLV/FLAC/OGG/DIVX/MP3.......
    - PocketNotepad
    - PocketRAR
    - AdobePDF Reader 2.5
    - No2Chem's USB to PC usb mass storage driver
    - No2Chem's neuPowerCpl replaces backlight settings, power control panel and adds some nice options.
    Note that it won't display advanced usage stats (batt temp etc) as no neuBattery driver exists for uni.
    - Dutty's SDHC driver package (tested with 2/4/8/16gb)
    - PimBackup
    - JWright's Network Plugin (mount windows shared drives over wifi/activesync)
    - TaskManager 3.1
    - TotalCommander 2.5.1
    - Windows Live 10.7
    - Remote Desktop Client
    - File dialog changer
    - Office Mobile 6.1

This rom has no bootsplash screens, so you will see a black screen on boot, followed by a white screen.
    Tap the white screen to begin using the device on 1st boot.

Drivers, XIP section, registry, pagepool and filesystem have all been optimised for speed and RAM.

Every single EXE, DLL, MUI, CPL and plugin has been made into a module - with the exception of .NET libs (can't be modular) and one or two specific DLLs/EXEs that will not execute in modular form. Again this saves memory on 64mb machines and speeds up access to executables on both 128 and 64.

Download Links (files compressed with 7zip www.7zip.org) :-

WPA Patch - required for proper operation of WPA2 wifi connections, fix found by Zoko :-
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=314278&d=1271968604

Kitchen for 64 and 128 (extract it to c:\ and run buildrom.cmd)
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/lmup92

ROM 64MB - NEW LINK REQUESTED, SO HERE IT IS
    http://multiupload.com/76Q0E0FNVE

ROM 128MB
    http://www.4shared.com/file/ob0aBr1s/Uni_21127v232-128.html
    2.32 - 64

uploading to 4shared, regards to all

ok, try this one., http://www.4shared.com/file/qAIST9Kt/Uni_21127v232-64.html