ICS 4.0 port possibilities

Search This thread

gymfreak7855

Nov 30, 2011
Palmerston North
Hey Xda members

I have been thinking, Porting of ICS for our LG-p500's is not going to happen the best we can probably get is 2.3.7 with the 4.0 gui and a nice new kernel to support it. However I have been hearing that certain development teams are working on porting ICS. Is this true? How far do you guys think they will get? Hopefully within the next three months we shall see our first beta roms running 4.0 I really hope so as the new layout of 4.0 is better than 2.0-2.3.7. However they will run into issues such as giving support for the ARMv6 processor and fine tuning it so it will be able to run on half a gigabyte of ram... Which will likely limit the system very much so. I believe the minimum requirements for 4.0 are of the following:

1ghz processor
1gb of ram

these minimum requirements are double those of the p500's specs.

As I find out more I shall post links to developers teams threads which are working on ICS ports.

Also if anyone needs any help with their device leave a message as I can help with anything.

terratrix

Jun 9, 2011
Singapore
No, there are no minimum requirements for ICS. it's just that currently it's not possible to port ICS (no 3D(hw acceleration), so it's useless) because LG and Qualcomm haven't release new sources for ICS.

TakamineSubasa

Sep 4, 2011
Back in time, when ICS sources were released and Andy started with his port, i told him that there would be no big big progress until some specific parts of source corresponding not only to armv6 but qualcomm chip itself (or lg stuff/sources) be released but he insisted he could manage to fix all by himself, now im sitting back with my bowl of pop corns :)

That beign said, im not here to disrespect or to demerite his hard work, and good lord that he has a team now to support him, as he realized when he was working alone on GBS phonenix it was a very difficult/ time consuming job and finally left that project...

Finally and hopefully, we have very good devs working in devices similar to O1 and they surely will find out a way to make ICS work, (if andy doesnt manage fix this those problems first........)

Last edited:

SWEATTAIMI

Oct 19, 2010
W4ZT3D
Back in time, when ICS sources were released and Andy started with his port, i told him that there would be no big big progress until some specific parts of source corresponding not only to armv6 but qualcomm chip itself (or lg stuff/sources) be released but he insisted he could manage to fix all by himself, now im sitting back with my bowl of pop corns :)

That beign said, im not here to disrespect or to demerite his hard work, and good lord that he has a team now to support him, as he realized when he was working alone on GBS phonenix it was a very difficult/ time consuming job and finally left that project...

Finally and hopefully, we have very good devs working in devices similar to O1 and they surely will find out a way to make ICS work, (if andy doesnt manage fix this those problems first........)

Just going to say Andy did open source no port

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

Ianis G. Vasilev

Jan 4, 2011
Sofia
ivasilev.net
It's basically the same except that a configuration from a lower-end device (The G1 for example) will make it much simpler to build than making a custom device tree from scratch. Again, we need code we don't have, so we can only raise a war against LG or Qualcomm.