Nexus S Radio Updates ( Which baseband do I choose)

Search This thread

Mshanahan

Jan 27, 2011
Since I am a new member and can not post a response in the dev forum, I'm posting this here.

I'm currently on the Cm7 RC1 build, but I have updated my baseband to the newest baseband from the 2.3.3 build.

I am currently on baseband I9020XXKB1.

I have been reading in some posts about a new baseband I9020XXKB3 which is supposed to be much better. But I saw someone post about this being only for european phones ?

I was looking for some calcification on the issue.

I am on T-mobile USA, so would it be better if i updated from KB1 to KB3 or remained on KB1

fchipm

Jan 7, 2010
I have the same question . I I'm running now kb1. Will it be better if I use kb3???

I just updated from kb1 to kb3. Don't notice too much of a difference yet. But still I guess its nice to have the latest and greatest.

Give it a shot. Updating is as easy as flashing a zip in recovery.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App

Mshanahan

Jan 27, 2011
flashed the KB3 baseband on cm7 RC1.

I was on the KB1 baseband and applied the KB3 baseband thru clockwork mod.

I am on t-mobile USA and I can not get a 3G connection. All I can get is an EDGE connection...

Any suggestions to obtain a 3G connection ??

Thanks

distortedloop

Feb 14, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
flashed the KB3 baseband on cm7 RC1.

I was on the KB1 baseband and applied the KB3 baseband thru clockwork mod.

I am on t-mobile USA and I can not get a 3G connection. All I can get is an EDGE connection...

Any suggestions to obtain a 3G connection ??

Thanks

Check your APN settings in the phone's setting app? Not sure where they're at in Cyanogen, but there should be an option to check them, modify them.

Evolvedmindz

Jan 7, 2011
Sorry New using up first 10 I dont like this new color scheme at all 2.3.3 radio on cm7 was complete difference picks up signal immediately at start and im getting 3g at my job where i wasnt before

theAman

Jan 22, 2011
Same question here,
I have a T-Mobile phone with KB1, should i replace it to KB3?
Build number is GRH78C (2.3.2).

Thanks.

Last edited:

Mshanahan

Jan 27, 2011
Okay what do I change the APN settings to ?

I also thought baseband version only affected the phones modem ?

What all does the baseband affect ?

Last edited:

nitsuajd

Jul 16, 2008
Badalona
my i9020 bought in usa which is using in spain have some reboots on cm7 #11 using supercurio voodooo kernel and radio kb3 :mad: now i've changed to kb1 and seems all is ok

I don't know if radio was the problem but for the moment seems yes..

jkreddy

Apr 14, 2011
unable to update...during the process it just aborts.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated :)

kevinlux

Sep 24, 2010
Hello guys,

what about the new KD1? I have it on my nexus 9020 after updating to 2.3.4.

Someone knows if there are some improvement in this release ?

thanks in advance.

Griphn

Apr 6, 2011
Toronto
I was using KD1 for quite a while but I kept getting radio dumps...I've since tried the KC1 (the one that is supposedly only for Korean carriers) and found it to be far the fastest and most reliable even in low service areas. Anyone else in Canada finding the same or tried any radios that they found better?

Reactions: m00nman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was using KD1 for quite a while but I kept getting radio dumps...I've since tried the KC1 (the one that is supposedly only for Korean carriers) and found it to be far the fastest and most reliable even in low service areas. Anyone else in Canada finding the same or tried any radios that they found better?