[APP] People's Note - Evernote client

Search This thread

Don Reba

Aug 26, 2009
www.peoplesnote.org
People's Note
http://www.peoplesnote.org

People's Note is a polished Windows Mobile note taking application with full-featured Evernote integration.

The app is completely free and open-source. New versions come out every week or few. Let me know what you think.
You can also add and vote up feature requests at the site.

Download version 0.41 here (last updated: 2012-05-24)

Features

• Rich text note creation and editing
  • TODO list creation and editing
  • Ink and photo note creation
  • Optional synchronization with your Evernote account
  • Offline note storage
  • High performance and small memory footprint

Requirements

• Windows Mobile 5 or 6
  • Resolution 240x240 or higher
  • Touchscreen

list.png
note_view.png
photo_capture.png

ink.png
note_editor.png
evernote.png

Last edited:

ninjabortion

Jan 12, 2010
This app works great man. Is there any setting to make it autosync anything you make?

I tried evernote long ago but didn't find it much use since there was no winmo app. Any tips or tricks?

joshzzz2001

Mar 25, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
wow, great app, works great on the hd2. waiting for the voice notes to be functional. some suggestions: feature to send notes through bluetooth and more color schemes

Don Reba

Aug 26, 2009
www.peoplesnote.org
This app works great man. Is there any setting to make it autosync anything you make?

I tried evernote long ago but didn't find it much use since there was no winmo app. Any tips or tricks?
There are 3 votes for autosync so far, which does not quite bring it to the top of my to-do pile, but you can help to change that. :)
http://peoplesnote.codeplex.com/workitem/416

Evernote has a WinMo app, but it is pretty bare-bones and has not been supported for a long time.

Last edited:
Reactions: squallvai

Don Reba

Aug 26, 2009
www.peoplesnote.org
wow, great app, works great on the hd2. waiting for the voice notes to be functional. some suggestions: feature to send notes through bluetooth and more color schemes
I'm not sure what you mean by sending notes through bluetooth. Would you elaborate?

Adding more colour schemes is unlikely. The app currently includes two versions of the interface, one for high-resolution displays and one for the low. With more variants of each, it could quickly become unmaintainable. I can't change the background colour programmatically either, because it is baked into the graphics. They are all dithered for 16-bit colour, and dithering is incompatible with transparency.

Don Reba

Aug 26, 2009
www.peoplesnote.org
It's simply you can send the notes you have to another device, say to another phone or pc, using bluetooth.
The thing I wonder about is what to do with the note on the receiving end. Official Evernote clients cannot properly transfer notes outside of synchronization. Exporting to HTML is possible, but would raise the question of what to do with file attachments.

Of course, if you can connect to internet through Bluetooth, then you can simply sync.

ninjabortion

Jan 12, 2010
There are 3 votes for autosync so far, which does not quite bring it to the top of my to-do pile, but you can help to change that. :)
http://peoplesnote.codeplex.com/workitem/416

Evernote has a WinMo app, but it is pretty bare-bones and has not been supported for a long time.

Yeah i remember trying it out specifically because they had one, but it was terrible. Yours works great on my htc touch pro 2 though, so thanks :)

Rjinswand

Jul 27, 2011
Perfect timing: I just started trying out Evernote this week and wasn't really keen on Evernote's own application because it's useless offline. And here comes your app and looks great.
I got one problem, though: It refuses to connect via wifi. No problem at all via 3G, but on WiFi it steadily shows "connecting".

Oh, and being able to create new tags would be a good addition.

Last edited:

Don Reba

Aug 26, 2009
www.peoplesnote.org
Perfect timing: I just started trying out Evernote this week and wasn't really keen on Evernote's own application because there it's useless offline. And here comes your app and looks great.
I got one problem, though: It refuses to connect via wifi. No problem at all via 3G, but on WiFi it steadily shows "connecting".

Oh, and being able to create new tag would be a good addition.
Thanks for complimenting the app. :) I have not used WiFi in a while, but will try to reproduce your problem.

Started a new work item for tag creation: http://peoplesnote.codeplex.com/workitem/1005.
Voting on feature requests gets them implemented sooner.

Last edited:

Rjinswand

Jul 27, 2011
Since restarting my phone a few times, the app doesn't hang up while trying to connect via WiFi anymore - it just takes way longer than via 3G for some reason, but it's usable.

Edit: Forget about the described problem. I'm sure it was a generally lagging WiFi connectivity that day. It works like a charm in other WiFi networks and now at the same one, too.

Last edited:

mirskym

Nov 6, 2006
Jerusalem
Great App!

Great App! Working on my old Axim X51V!

I see on your website that you have Notes popping up with a timed alarm reminder as low priority. Let me put in a vote for higher priority.

I would use it as a timed "sticky note" to myself to do something.

Keep up the good work!

sydneyrodgers

Jun 7, 2007
cant log in

It must be just me; since nobody else has mentionned it; but I cannot log in to evernote at all on my HD2. On 3G it immediately comes back with network error (never even tries to open a data connection). On wifi it seems to be trying to do something in the background but after a few minutes to just goes back to the login screen.

Any ideas??

SR

Don Reba

Aug 26, 2009
www.peoplesnote.org
It must be just me; since nobody else has mentionned it; but I cannot log in to evernote at all on my HD2. On 3G it immediately comes back with network error (never even tries to open a data connection). On wifi it seems to be trying to do something in the background but after a few minutes to just goes back to the login screen.

Any ideas??
It sounds like the WiFi connection is slow and times out. With 3G, try to establish a data connection first, such as by opening a web browser. I just created a work item for this: workitem:1055.

Last edited:
Reactions: squallvai

squallvai

Apr 16, 2009
Yogyakarta
Redmi Note 8

BigClaw

Aug 25, 2009
This program is making all the right steps in all the right directions, it has great prospects.

There are some features that Evernote has that I hope would arrive in this software in the not-too-distant future. I make more handwritten notes that any other form of note taking, and what I find with 'PeoplesNote' is that the 'Ink Note' feature is just a one page scribble pad without any option to scroll or add a page. It would be fantastic if the Ink Note feature of PeoplesNote could automatically scroll as the old Windows Note does as you approach the bottom of the page. Evernote's Ink Note recognises that you are reaching the bottom of the page and facilitates extra space to scroll into. Additionally, it would be very helpful to have an erase feature with Ink Note.

Please don't take this as criticism, I can see this app being extremely useful for as long as Evernote allow you to develop it.

Top Liked Posts