Best sense 6 cleaner

Search This thread

blazinandroid1

May 1, 2014
LA
So I got tired of my phone being weighted down. With unnecessary apk's. So I started to delete some. Then did some more google research. And this is what I found. Works wonders.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2553538

Even made the phone run better and faster without flashing a kernel. Big on battery savings. I haven't even got a fc on anything.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400766620949.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400766620949.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 508
  • uploadfromtaptalk1400766640237.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400766640237.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 495
Reactions: pjim

blazinandroid1

May 1, 2014
LA
I am in progress of building a ROM base off of not having all the junk on the phone. Just a nice clean. Smooth running phone.

hipsh0t

Mar 16, 2011
Wilkes-Barre
I am in progress of building a ROM base off of not having all the junk on the phone. Just a nice clean. Smooth running phone.

Use ACR 2.6 everything is gone. I run it daily with only blinkfeed and h/k audio flashed. Yesterday when I woke up i was at 52% battery on 27 hrs... Doesnt get much better than that for me. Smooth and quick.

Shortly after I flashed faux123 kernel and am trying to see if I can improve on this even more.

As for the sense cleaner I use that zip on almost every rom I have tried so far. It removes pretty much all of the garbage. And in the post he states that it breaks motion launch gestures, I have found that if you go into setting disable and re-enable them and reboot they work just fine.

Last edited:

blazinandroid1

May 1, 2014
LA
All do respect. I have ran every ROM available for this phone. And Scott's Roms still rock them all. I even got more out of it once a did a major over drive clean and a few tweaks. This phone is rock solid. With no problems at all. I just have to take the IMG of files and just turn them into a ROM.

Reactions: Scott
R

richii0207

Removing apps and freeing ram has zero effect on benchmarks or battery. Sorry to tell ya but what you're experiencing is pure placebo.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

R

richii0207

Thanks. I am still a noob at all this. Learning as I go..

No problem. If you want to maximize battery , I would recommend going into the running apps under settings to see which 3rd party apps are running.

If you see one, you would want to open it and see if it has a notifications setting or refresh timers. Facebook for example is one that I know has one.

sfreemanoh

Oct 20, 2008
Removing apps and freeing ram has zero effect on benchmarks or battery. Sorry to tell ya but what you're experiencing is pure placebo.

So what you're saying is, if he removed apps that had been running 24/7, that would would have no effect on battery or performance... Really...so why does anyone strip out any of the VZW or HTC apps at all? And what exactly do you think the term bloatware means?

99% of what he removed may not have had any effect, but that doesn't mean that removing one or two specific apps didn't have a positive effect on battery and/or performance.

R

richii0207

So what you're saying is, if he removed apps that had been running 24/7, that would would have no effect on battery or performance... Really...so why does anyone strip out any of the VZW or HTC apps at all? And what exactly do you think the term bloatware means?

99% of what he removed may not have had any effect, but that doesn't mean that removing one or two specific apps didn't have a positive effect on battery and/or performance.

Removing apps that do not run in the background do NOT affect battery. Bloatware is subjective as one person's "bloatware" is a crucial app for another person. Removing dormant apps such as VZW ringtones or navigator will not net any gain. Some people like to remove these apps to "free up space".

What apps do you consider bloatware? For me, 3rd party apps such as SMS and launchers are a waste of space, hence I consider them "bloatware".

I do not make assumptions without knowing what I'm talking about as I conduct my own tests and obtain results instead of reading what opinions others may have. This is like back in the days when there was so much hype with build prop edits and how they worked wonders....only to be debunked by numerous testers including myself.

If you read my previous post, it answers your latter paragraph. My statements may be paradigm shifts for some, but I won't be saying all of this without proper reasoning.

Last edited:

sfreemanoh

Oct 20, 2008
Removing apps that do not run in the background do NOT affect battery.

True. However, some of the apps listed on the link in the OP do run in the background. Just because something isn't listed as a running app in Settings\Apps\wherever doesn't mean associated service isn't running. When you have Blinkfeed running for instance, it doesn't show all of the million associated Blinkfeed content apps.

Reactions: blazinandroid1
R

richii0207

True. However, some of the apps listed on the link in the OP do run in the background. Just because something isn't listed as a running app in Settings\Apps\wherever doesn't mean associated service isn't running. When you have Blinkfeed running for instance, it doesn't show all of the million associated Blinkfeed content apps.

Are you referring to the cached apps? Do you use xposed? How many modules do you use? Do you consider those draining battery since they are running?

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
When you have Blinkfeed running for instance, it doesn't show all of the million associated Blinkfeed content apps.
So true!!!

I wanted to chime in here...

To both people you both have points...

But if an app is running, yes, it decreases battery by taking away precious CPU cycles and wasting RAM. That is fact. This is undeniable fact.

As stated, one "man's bloat" is another mans "must have" but I can tell you this much... Not many people I know, on a custom ROM, use VZW Tones...

I consider anything Verizon puts in the ROM bloat. Any Non Sense (get it?) app is also bloat to me (Lookin' at you Amazon). And yes, most of these apps do consume system resources weather being used or not. Removing them can be beneficial depending on what you are trying to achieve.

The hard part about guides on removing things, and ROMS (like mine) is achieving a very fine balance between user needs and "bloat". Each person will have a difference of opinion. This is also fact.

Just my two cents...

Carry on!

sfreemanoh

Oct 20, 2008
True, but I never said they did. In fact, I questioned your comment about how removing any apps would said no effect on your device, by asking "if he removed apps that had been running 24/7, that would would have no effect on battery or performance". That's the opposite of what you said.
Bloatware is subjective as one person's "bloatware" is a crucial app for another person. Removing dormant apps such as VZW ringtones or navigator will not net any gain. Some people like to remove these apps to "free up space".

What apps do you consider bloatware? For me, 3rd party apps such as SMS and launchers are a waste of space, hence I consider them "bloatware".
True, however, "Removing apps and freeing ram has zero effect on benchmarks or battery." is false. Blatantly, unarguably false.

As far as bloatware, it's generally considered to be apps that run on a frequent or constant basis, and that have a negative effect on the system. Though some people consider it to be anything at all on their device which they have no personal use for. Whatever, that's their decision. For instance, most (if not all) of the crap Verizon installs on their devices (not ringtones, obviously) is known to have a negative impact on device performance. However, from your statement, removing those apps would do nothing for performance or battery life. When we've seen time and time again that it DOES have a positive performance.

So true!!!

But if an app is running, yes, it decreases battery by taking away precious CPU cycles and wasting RAM. That is fact. This is undeniable fact.

As stated, one "man's bloat" is another mans "must have" but I can tell you this much... Not many people I know, on a custom ROM, use VZW Tones...

I consider anything Verizon puts in the ROM bloat. Any Non Sense (get it?) app is also bloat to me (Lookin' at you Amazon). And yes, most of these apps do consume system resources weather being used or not. Removing them can be beneficial depending on what you are trying to achieve.

The hard part about guides on removing things, and ROMS (like mine) is achieving a very fine balance between user needs and "bloat". Each person will have a difference of opinion. This is also fact.

Just my two cents...

Carry on!
Thanks for the input Scrosler. I agree with everything you said. Especially about the VZW apps...

R

richii0207

True, but I never said they did. In fact, I questioned your comment about how removing any apps would said no effect on your device, by asking "if he removed apps that had been running 24/7, that would would have no effect on battery or performance". That's the opposite of what you said.

True, however, "Removing apps and freeing ram has zero effect on benchmarks or battery." is false. Blatantly, unarguably false.

Thanks for the input Scrosler. I agree with everything you said. Especially about the VZW apps...

Apps that are open and then "minimized" are left paused and is cached. This is how ram is utilized efficiently. This helps so that your phone doesn't need to start up the app service every time you open it, hence saving battery. Imagine if you used a "Task manager" every time you exited an app. You generally want to use up your ram caching all the apps you normally use so your phone doesn't have to open a new app every other time.

Notice how when you first open an app, it takes a second to open it. Now when you hit the home and open it again, it opens much faster. This is something you can do to visually see what I am talking about.

My first statement was that you don't "speed" up a device or save battery by removing apps, you would need to configure the app's refresh timer or notification center.

If you apply the broad "apps slow down and kill your battery" principle, then are these custom roms with all these features and xposed modules slower than a "debloated" stock rom?

Last edited:

sfreemanoh

Oct 20, 2008
My first statement was that you don't "speed" up a device or save battery by removing apps, you would need to configure the app's refresh timer or notification center.
Dude, just because it's not active on the screen doesn't necessarily mean it's not still actively running. That's the point Scrosler and myself were trying to make. Are you paying attention at all? Just because it's not active on the screen, or listed in Running Apps doesn't mean something isn't running. There were dozens of HTC apps, and probably one dozen Verizon apps included in stock. Maybe two dozen of them can, and do, run in the background without being on the screen or showing in Running Apps.

And stop explaining how things are cached, we get it, we got it before you explained it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When you have Blinkfeed running for instance, it doesn't show all of the million associated Blinkfeed content apps.
    So true!!!

Just my two cents...

Carry on!
    So I got tired of my phone being weighted down. With unnecessary apk's. So I started to delete some. Then did some more google research. And this is what I found. Works wonders.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2553538

Even made the phone run better and faster without flashing a kernel. Big on battery savings. I haven't even got a fc on anything.

All do respect. I have ran every ROM available for this phone. And Scott's Roms still rock them all. I even got more out of it once a did a major over drive clean and a few tweaks. This phone is rock solid. With no problems at all. I just have to take the IMG of files and just turn them into a ROM.

Reserved

Why would you feel the need to reserve another post on this thread?

Makes zero sense to me.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW