Samsung SGH-i600 Home Screen Carousel/Card Wheel Plug-In

Search This thread

Newchurch

Jun 19, 2005
Hello,

has someone tried to use the Samsung SGH-i600 Home Screen Carousel/Card Wheel Plug-In on a HTC Excalibur ?
Or does someone know a download link ?

Thanks

indiekiduk

Jul 8, 2005
I'm sure once its released we'll be able to find it and the version of flash required to run it. As far as I know its only on the European i600 which isn't out yet.

Last edited:

Newchurch

Jun 19, 2005
Hi,

in Germany you can buy the i600 for a few weeks.
I hope that someone will extract the files from his i600.

Flavio

I switched from a S620 to a i600 2 weeks ago because I wanted a UMTS Smartphone. The i600 caroussel software is nice to look at but generally the i600 is not as stable as the S620 was, there are frequent lockups for no apparent reason. It also feels slower and that may be caused by the caroussel software.

Newchurch

Jun 19, 2005
Hello Flavio,

is it possible to extract the caroussell files and the xml from the i600 ?

Thanks

malatesta

May 15, 2006
NY
Hello Flavio,

is it possible to extract the caroussell files and the xml from the i600 ?

Thanks
Indeed, if we can get our hands on that it should be real nice.

I know the Moto Q community is looking to grab it as well. Seeing as it's just a plugin/.xml it shouldn't be too hard I would suspect and if it can be coupled with a .cab installation it'd be fantastic.

indiekiduk

Jul 8, 2005
It supposedly doesn't have a recently used applications card on the wheel and it doesnt support other home screen plugins. :(

doedoe

Oct 13, 2006
This is the home xml for the Carousel theme.

Still need to find the DLL...

Anyone?

PHP:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<home>
	<author>Microsoft Corporation</author>
	<contacturl>http://www.microsoft.com/</contacturl>
	<title lang="0x0409">Card Wheel</title>

<version>1.0</version>
	<default target-width="240" target-height="320" font-face="Segoe Condensed" font-size="14" font-weight="bold" padding-left="4" padding-right="4" bgcolor="transparent" fgcolor="COLOR_HOMETEXT" padding-top="2" b-border-color="COLOR_HOMERULE" b-border-width="1">
		<format state="selected" fgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHTTEXT"/>
	</default>
	<scheme>
 		<color name="COLOR_TRAYGRADLEFT" value="#000000" /> 
 		<color name="COLOR_TRAYGRADRIGHT" value="#000000" /> 
 		<color name="COLOR_TRAYBKGND" value="#000000" /> 
	</scheme>
	<plugin clsid="{837FC251-FE69-43ad-84E0-EBCEDEBA0884}" name="iconbar" height="20">
		<iconbar fgcolor="COLOR_TRAYTEXT"/>
		<background bgcolor="COLOR_TRAYGRADLEFT" b-border-color="COLOR_WINDOWFRAME"/>
	</plugin>
	<plugin clsid="{6BC0CE3D-42F7-44be-A02D-C0253F86D879}" name="Carousel Homescreen" height="266">
	</plugin>

</home>

malatesta

May 15, 2006
NY
This is the home xml for the Carousel theme.

Still need to find the DLL...

Anyone?
Cool! We have a way in...

Okay, using something Resco Explorer or some explorer/search utility, look under \Windows on your for a .dll probably with "Carousel" as the key word. You should find something like "CarouselHomePlugin.dll" or "Carousel Homescreen.dll" or something similar.

I'm not sure if we need more than that as I don't see a background image listed and I guess the .dll is all we need along with the clsid? Anyways just upload them here and we can find out ;-) Basically attach anything with the word "carousel" in it.

(on a side note, I had no idea that MS evidently made this plugin and homescreen? Guess it really is a brief glimpse into "Photon")

Last edited:

jeg815

Apr 12, 2006
We've got the best people working on getting this(some of my buds from TC). I am looking so forward to this, keep up the great work!!!

Manolito

Dec 18, 2005
The posted XML code for the homescreen (page 1 of this thread) shows 2 class names:
{837FC251-FE69-43ad-84E0-EBCEDEBA0884}
{6BC0CE3D-42F7-44be-A02D-C0253F86D879}
Maybe you can search for this values with a registry editor on an i600 device. There should be keys with the appropriate names under "classes". The subkeys maybe contain information concerning the DLL name. At least this is what I suppose.

stepir

Nov 12, 2006
Milan
Well

I cannot copy the dll, my device should already be application unlocked...

Anyone know why I have:
- a samsung sgh-i600
- all file installed in my device

but this home screen doesn't show up in the selection under settings menu?

indiekiduk

Jul 8, 2005
You most likely need to dump the rom to retrieve the homescreen dll. We also need Flash to run this homescreen. Have you dumped a rom before?