[Q] HTC Sensation.. sprint? At&t?

Search This thread

twiz0r

Oct 5, 2010
Vegas
I hate how it looks, I'm not a fan of the rounded corners. Everything else is awesome. Gorilla glass :) not going to tmobile with the merger looming though

Swyped from my cyanogenized and gingerbreaded EVO

novanosis85

Jul 9, 2010
Chicago
this phone plus tmobile's 59.99 unlimited plan (except that you are throttled after 2GB) is looking mighty tempting

Sure does sound tempting,

.....for me to poop on!

47c22a89-f3c2-8182.jpg

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

starplaya93

Sep 20, 2009
Why does everybody automatically assume that the tmobile/att merger is going to be such a nightmare?

First it's "oooo ahh, sprint is having a big release! It must be the new version of the EVO!" turns out to be the Echo... Then ctia comes along "awww man F sprint they suck. What's next a phone with 5 screens" turns out the Evo 3d is released....
Now sprint and att are merging and it's "I'm psychic and I already know that this is going to be a terrible merge."

I'm just curious as to what validates all of your assumptions?
And please do not use history merges because we are in a very different and much more competitive times in regards to cell phone providers.

iitreatedii

Jun 18, 2010
Suffolk County, Long Island, NY
1... the merger is not going to be approved by the fcc. It would force verizon to but sprint which isn't going to happen. It would eliminate the minor competetion we have now...

2. Megapixels do not always indicate camera quality. This is the reason the iphone takes better pics than the Evo unfortuantely

3. Have fun using 2.01 gigs +

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

xHausx

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2010
Central Florida
Im sorry but no.. phones definitely have never been released at the pace that they are now. It took nearly 2 years for any phone to catch up with the iphone when it was first released. Even last year the Evo went all year without any phone coming close to it. Now, a new super phone is announced every month. If I buy the Evo 3D today, next Monday theyll be announcing the Thunderbolt 5G with a quad core processor and a 4D screen. Technology is moving WAY faster now than it used to.

There were other touchscreen phone like it but there wasnt as much interest in them. HTC was developing the touch (vogue) before apple started working on the iphone.

As for the this phoneI actually like the design of it more than the evo 3d. Not a chance I'm jumping ship for it though

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

dirkyd3rk

Jul 14, 2008
Houston, TX
www.twitter.com
1... the merger is not going to be approved by the fcc. It would force verizon to but sprint which isn't going to happen. It would eliminate the minor competetion we have now.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

I wouldn't be so sure about that buddy, its very possible indeed. Verizon wouldn't have to buy sprint they alone are just(key word) as big as att/tmo would be together. Sprint would obviously be in last place but I'm sure going to laugh at all of you when this deal is approved. This would obviously hurt sprint but keep in mind that the people with the power have all the money already, they will be pulling the strings not the FCC. It's not like the merger would hurt me I'm going to have a cell phone regardless.

~ d3rk

4redstars

Jan 4, 2009
Peoria IL (From Chicago)
I wouldn't be so sure about that buddy, its very possible indeed. Verizon wouldn't have to buy sprint they alone are just(key word) as big as att/tmo would be together. Sprint would obviously be in last place but I'm sure going to laugh at all of you when this deal is approved. This would obviously hurt sprint but keep in mind that the people with the power have all the money already, they will be pulling the strings not the FCC. It's not like the merger would hurt me I'm going to have a cell phone regardless.

~ d3rk

ATT + Tmo would = approx 119 million users
Verizon = approx 91 million users

That is a huge difference

K

knowledge561

Im sorry but no.. phones definitely have never been released at the pace that they are now. It took nearly 2 years for any phone to catch up with the iphone when it was first released. Even last year the Evo went all year without any phone coming close to it. Now, a new super phone is announced every month. If I buy the Evo 3D today, next Monday theyll be announcing the Thunderbolt 5G with a quad core processor and a 4D screen. Technology is moving WAY faster now than it used to.

Whats a 6G?!?! What's a Bieber?!?! **Ozzy Osborne Voice**

tatnai

Jul 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, USA
agree with previous poster, more magapixels does not automatically equal better pictures. we'll just have to wait and see how they shoot. frankly, the evo 4g might as well be 4 megapixels for the quality of pics it gives. no way of telling how they'll compare until we take pics side by side.

don't really care too much about the 3D features, they'll be cool to play with from time to time. looking forward to the bigger battery (better on evo 3D), hopefully more efficient processor, and higher screen res myself. I'll stick with sprint cause my price is right ($40 SERO premium x 2, can't be beat; will ride it to the grave) and i've been with them for >10 years now, they have served me well. Will probably be waiting until 2012 for my upgrade though, and guaranteed the next big thing will be out by then.

detusueno

Oct 7, 2007
agree with previous poster, more magapixels does not automatically equal better pictures. we'll just have to wait and see how they shoot. frankly, the evo 4g might as well be 4 megapixels for the quality of pics it gives. no way of telling how they'll compare until we take pics side by side.

don't really care too much about the 3D features, they'll be cool to play with from time to time. looking forward to the bigger battery (better on evo 3D), hopefully more efficient processor, and higher screen res myself. I'll stick with sprint cause my price is right ($40 SERO premium x 2, can't be beat; will ride it to the grave) and i've been with them for >10 years now, they have served me well. Will probably be waiting until 2012 for my upgrade though, and guaranteed the next big thing will be out by then.
Isn't SERO premium for smartphones now $50?

detusueno

Oct 7, 2007
$40 plus the extra $10.
Not all smartphones require the $10...
Maybe they are "almost smart phone" that are not as popular?
feature phones != smart phones... but that's just a common consensus, not a set standard. all "real" smart phones require the $10 fee.

but about the sensation... i think it LOOKS better than the 3D. looks thinner, slicker and has gorilla glass.

ldominguez1986

Apr 14, 2010
Philadelphia
I doubt there will be that much 3D content available for us to really enjoy the HTC 3D. I would take the sensation because of sense 3.0 and the better camera.

Mega-pixels do not mean anything. It's all about the lens they use. I have a point an shoot camera that is 12 mega-pixels but it doesn't shoot an nice of a pic as my DSLR does which only has 6. And as far as the 3d goes, I know it's a gimmick but I think youtube is starting to offer 3d stuff and I think Break.com too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    768 mb of ram, 1gb internal vs 1 gig of ram and 4 gigs internal no brainer, plus verizon tmobile and att costs too much nuff said