[Heimdall][Odin][Stock][Root]UCKH7/KK6 Return/Unbrick to Stock (or Root)

Search This thread

creepyncrawly

Sep 3, 2010
Yea but the problem is my Power Button doesn't work... :(

I don't have a lot of experience with adb, and I haven't used it in this exact situation, but if you connect the phone to your pc via usb cable while it is stuck on the rethink possible screen, and use the adb command
Code:
adb reboot recovery
at the command prompt, the phone should boot into recovery to allow you to perform a wipe data/factory reset.

creepyncrawly

Sep 3, 2010
The links in OP are down as a result of the Hotfile lawsuit which they lost.

I don't see any Hotfile links in the OP. Entropy512 never used Hotfile links as far as I know. His links are DevHost links. Are you referring to links somewhere else? My guides and posts use Hotfile links which I will get around to fixing whenever I have some time.

m7ia

Sep 2, 2010
Long Island, NY
I don't see any Hotfile links in the OP. Entropy512 never used Hotfile links as far as I know. His links are DevHost links. Are you referring to links somewhere else? My guides and posts use Hotfile links which I will get around to fixing whenever I have some time.
Yes you're right, I think I was looking at the ODIN one-click links and mistook them for the OP, sorry!

ivbsd1

Nov 4, 2012
Official ATT 4.1.2 I777UCMD8

I do not succeed to find Official ATT 4.1.2 I777UCMD8 rooted firmware. Can you help ?

Edgarhighmen

Nov 29, 2011
sigh, links are down, just looking to clear a bootloop to install kitkat =/ (No rom, CWM 6.0.4.4 fail install, but between bootloops it says CWM 6.0.4.5 on bottom left, then continues bootloop, eurghh)

Reactions: justinfdsa

Godfather379

Sep 11, 2014
Multiupload links removed - MU seems to be gone forever. I will repost an unrooted UCKH7 package in the next week along with a modem package - Until then, use the rooted package and then remove:
/system/xbin/su
/system/bin/su
/system/app/Superuser.apk
And then reboot

I have uploaded Heimdall/Odin flashable kernel ,rooted system, and modem images to dev-host. This should be sufficient to unbrick most hosed-up phones, as long as you didn't flash a bad .pit. Note that after flashing this, you might need to wipe data depending on what ROM you were coming from. If you bootloop or things behave wacky, enter 3e recovery (stock kernel means stock recovery) and do a Wipe Data/Factory Reset. If you are reverting from UCKK6 back to UCKH7 you MUST perform this step or wifi will not work. If you're coming from a 100% stock ROM and only using this to gain root, you should be able to keep all your data and not need to wipe.

The kernel is 100% bone stock, the system image is stock except that it is pre-rooted (su binary and Superuser.apk)

I am including the modem in a separate package since that goes in a separate modem slot, and I don't want to reupload a 200+ MB file if I don't have to.

The kernel + rooted UCKH7 system package is here: http://dev-host.org/UWm
Kernel + cache + rooted UCKK6 system package: http://dev-host.org/8LA

Download, extract the package using 7-Zip, which can be downloaded from http://www.7-zip.org/download.html, then either:
1) (Tested on Linux, should work on MacOS) - Extract the tar and flash the components with heimdall from the commandline as follows:
Code:
heimdall flash --kernel zImage --factoryfs factoryfs.img
for the kernel + system package, and:
Code:
heimdall flash --modem modem.bin
for the modem package

I've never had good results with the Heimdall Frontend GUI.

2) (Tested by Jivy26 for kernel + system, untested for modem) - Flash the .tar in Odin. I'm a Linux user, so I have only tested this with Heimdall so far.
Kernel + system package goes in PDA slot I believe, modem package in Phone slot.

If you are wondering why I used 7-Zip to compress the archive:
7-Zip provides better compression ratios than Zip
7-Zip is open source unlike RAR
If it were a zip file, some doofus would probably think it was CWM-flashable and complain that it didn't flash.

Also - great thanks goes to Jivy26 for providing a stock /system dump. Without that it would not have been possible to make the system image or get a kernel dump.

Coming in the next few days - stock unrooted /system package.

Also just added - a param.lfs backup from my device. This is NOT contained in an Odin-flashable .tar file yet, I'll work on cleaning up my packages when I'm feeling better. I came down with a nasty cold a few days ago.

UPDATE:
creepyncrawly has written an EXCELLENT step-by-step guide for flashing this with Odin. The guide is at:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1313659

In addition, he posted an Odin-flashable tar package for just the stock kernel, for those who want to do a ! removal. I have mirrored the file (I don't trust Dropbox for long-term hosting) at http://www.multiupload.com/MD7SMMNG24 - his original post is at http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18535109&postcount=174

Hello. My issue is I have no os on the phone, because I stupidly wiped it when trying to give my phone a fresh wipe, and went on a wiping frenzy. Shoulda payed more attention. Anyways. I'm guessing this method is with being able to connect your phone too pc? I can connect it-ish. I have no system on the phone, but if I plug it into pc, it shows in dvcmng, the samsung thing...... But I've been trying to install a system by putting a zip into the sd card, and moving the sdcard to that phone. Going into recovery, then install that way. With no luck. I just tried the kernal+rooted. Extrated it. then extracted the root. Doesn't even show up in the phone to install. Sigh. So confused with this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Multiupload links removed - MU seems to be gone forever. I will repost an unrooted UCKH7 package in the next week along with a modem package - Until then, use the rooted package and then remove:
    /system/xbin/su
    /system/bin/su
    /system/app/Superuser.apk
    And then reboot

I have uploaded Heimdall/Odin flashable kernel ,rooted system, and modem images to dev-host. This should be sufficient to unbrick most hosed-up phones, as long as you didn't flash a bad .pit. Note that after flashing this, you might need to wipe data depending on what ROM you were coming from. If you bootloop or things behave wacky, enter 3e recovery (stock kernel means stock recovery) and do a Wipe Data/Factory Reset. If you are reverting from UCKK6 back to UCKH7 you MUST perform this step or wifi will not work. If you're coming from a 100% stock ROM and only using this to gain root, you should be able to keep all your data and not need to wipe.

The kernel is 100% bone stock, the system image is stock except that it is pre-rooted (su binary and Superuser.apk)

I am including the modem in a separate package since that goes in a separate modem slot, and I don't want to reupload a 200+ MB file if I don't have to.

The kernel + rooted UCKH7 system package is here: http://dev-host.org/UWm
    Kernel + cache + rooted UCKK6 system package: http://dev-host.org/8LA

Download, extract the package using 7-Zip, which can be downloaded from http://www.7-zip.org/download.html, then either:
    1) (Tested on Linux, should work on MacOS) - Extract the tar and flash the components with heimdall from the commandline as follows:
    Code:
    heimdall flash --kernel zImage --factoryfs factoryfs.img
    for the kernel + system package, and:
    Code:
    heimdall flash --modem modem.bin
    for the modem package

I've never had good results with the Heimdall Frontend GUI.

2) (Tested by Jivy26 for kernel + system, untested for modem) - Flash the .tar in Odin. I'm a Linux user, so I have only tested this with Heimdall so far.
    Kernel + system package goes in PDA slot I believe, modem package in Phone slot.

If you are wondering why I used 7-Zip to compress the archive:
    7-Zip provides better compression ratios than Zip
    7-Zip is open source unlike RAR
    If it were a zip file, some doofus would probably think it was CWM-flashable and complain that it didn't flash.

Also - great thanks goes to Jivy26 for providing a stock /system dump. Without that it would not have been possible to make the system image or get a kernel dump.

Coming in the next few days - stock unrooted /system package.

Also just added - a param.lfs backup from my device. This is NOT contained in an Odin-flashable .tar file yet, I'll work on cleaning up my packages when I'm feeling better. I came down with a nasty cold a few days ago.

UPDATE:
    creepyncrawly has written an EXCELLENT step-by-step guide for flashing this with Odin. The guide is at:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1313659

In addition, he posted an Odin-flashable tar package for just the stock kernel, for those who want to do a ! removal. I have mirrored the file (I don't trust Dropbox for long-term hosting) at http://www.multiupload.com/MD7SMMNG24 - his original post is at http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18535109&postcount=174
    Odin3 One-click Downloaders for Stock and Stock + Root

I have prepared Odin3 One-click Downloaders for the Stock non-rooted and Stock + Root packages. Each One-click Downloader also contains the Modem. This will make flashing back to stock or flashing root in Windows easier. These were tested and flashed successfully on my device. These could be posted in the OP for convenience.

Odin3 One-click Downloader I-777 UCKH7 Stock No Bootloaders
    I777_UCKH7_OCD_No_BL.7z
    (This one-click downloader flashes: zImage, factoryfs.img, and modem.bin)

Odin3 One-click Downloader I-777 UCKH7 Stock + Root No Bootloaders
    I777_UCKH7_OCD_Root_No_BL.7z
    (This one-click downloader flashes: zImage, factoryfs.img with root, and modem.bin)

How to Use:
    • Download the 7 zip package. Extract the contents of the zip file to a directory on your hard disk drive.
    • Start the Odin3 One-Click Downloader program by double clicking on "I777UCKH7 OCD No BL.exe" or "I777UCKH7 OCD Root No BL.exe".
    • Now Enter Download Mode:
      • With the phone powered off, plug in the usb cable while holding the vol up + vol down buttons (but not the power button).
      • When the warning screen appears, press Volume up to continue into download mode.
    • In Odin, the small edit box in the upper left corner will turn yellow, and say something like [0:COM8]. The number could be different.
    • Click Start. Watch the progress bar advance in green while the message box in the lower area describes the steps. When the flash is finished, the top left larger edit box will turn green and say PASS! and your phone will automatically reboot.
    • Unplug the usb cable from you phone after it boots up. Success.
    Stock Kernel Flashable .tar

Here is the stock kernel, extracted from the stock unrooted package in the OP, in an Odin flashable .tar, (see Download Repository, link in sig)

Created the tar file in Android Terminal Emulator on my phone. Flashed it twice successfully on my phone. Verified with CPU Spy:

Linux version 2.6.35.7-I777UCKH7-CL503881 (se.infra@SEP-50) (gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC) ) #2 SMP PREEMPT Sat Aug 27 04:53:41 KST 2011

I'm thinking this would be a good addition to the first post, as a few people may need it occasionally.
    Good job I wasn't using it as an excuse then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

You were. You asked if wifi issues after reverting was a known bug. It is, and this is explicitly stated in the first post in addition to being bold, yet you chose to post without searching or even reading the first post in its entirety. Even if it is not bold with whatever crippled method you use to read these forums, the fact is - it is there, and you posted without reading.
    Uploading a package without root... Gonna be an hour or so.