Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 26, 2011
Colorado
PLEASE POST ALL QUESTIONS HERE YOU HAVE REGARDING

PARANOID ANDROID (JB) by thebz1
paranoid.png

jellybean.png

tempgs3.png

SEE SECOND POST FOR FAQ, KNOWN ISSUES AND MORE!

Last edited:

Aquethys

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 26, 2011
Colorado
KNOWN ISSUES

REPORTED BUGS THAT ARE BEING ADDRESSED:

FAQ

• Q: How do I make paranoid treat settings like a phone? Tried paranoid settings/apps/settings to 320.
    A: Go to Layout and Choose which layout :)
  • Q: When I check my personal email, and open one up, works great! when I check my other Gmail account, i can see all the messages, but as soon as I open one up, GMAIL crashes!. I cleared cache (both) and also cleared out the application, even where I uninstalled the updates! still it does not work..
  • Q: Are there themes?
    A: all cm10 themes from the Play Store should work.
  • Q: After installing the Play Store gives an error trying to install/purchase!
    A: Try wiping data and cache from Play Store/flashing different gapps
  • Q: When is Paranoid ___ coming out?
    A: CM's First Rule: NO OTAS :)

For reporting bugs please try to include a logcat. Instructions for how to make one here

Last edited:
Reactions: thebz1

Aquethys

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 26, 2011
Colorado
I'll actually start :D
How do I make paranoid treat settings like a phone? Tried paranoid settings/apps/settings to 320.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Msabbir75

Dec 18, 2010
Hey Tomorrow im getting my S3 at&t. The phones going to be new and i plan on Rooting and CWM on it immediately. Im wondering if i need to do anything before i install this Rom? Like flash it to another Rom first. Hoping things go smoothly

Sorry for the nooby questions

This Rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1818199. Thank you very much!

Last edited:

ThatJawn

Oct 4, 2010
Hey Tomorrow im getting my S3 at&t. The phones going to be new and i plan on Rooting and CWM on it immediately. Im wondering if i need to do anything before i install this Rom? Like flash it to another Rom first. Hoping things go smoothly

Sorry for the nooby questions

This Rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1818199. Thank you very much!

Yes you do sir.

You first need to get either aokp jellybean, or cm10 to your phone.

Then

Reboot.
Then flash paranoid.
Clear dalvik/cache.
Reboot.
Then flash job gapps.
Enjoy kind sir.

Edit: I'm not so hot at grammar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Reactions: markysd

Msabbir75

Dec 18, 2010
Yes you do sir.

You first need to get either aokp jellybean. Or cm10 or your phone. After you flash aokp.

Reboot.
Then flash paranoid.
Clear dalvik/cache.
Reboot.
Then flash job gapps.
Enjoy kind sir.

Alright And those Roms will install without any issue? Also wondering if anyway possible i can get the soft keys on the Rom. (I just don't like the S3 Physical button it doesn't fit in my hand perfectly). Any Mods or something.

Thanks you!

ThatJawn

Oct 4, 2010
If you have flashed ROMs before. Its no different boss.

And yes. Paranoid is a whole different class of ROMs. Think of it or rather it kind of is a mini tablet phone hybrid. I mean you can change it to your liking. But don't get confused when you first boot it up.

And yes. There is a soft keys option. It is turned off by default though.

Msabbir75

Dec 18, 2010
If you have flashed ROMs before. Its no different boss.

And yes. Paranoid is a whole different class of ROMs. Think of it or rather it kind of is a mini tablet phone hybrid. I mean you can change it to your liking. But don't get confused when you first boot it up.

And yes. There is a soft keys option. It is turned off by default though.

Wow Sounds awesome. Now im giddy for tomorrow -_- Fed better get on their ishhhh. Having premature Romulation

thebz1

Dec 9, 2011
I'll actually start :D
How do I make paranoid treat settings like a phone? Tried paranoid settings/apps/settings to 320.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

See the nice thing about paranoid is that dpi is separated from layout. You have to go over to the layout column and change it there. You can have tablet ui for apps at any dpi you want with this ROM.

eatonjb

Mar 5, 2006
Did the a2dp/Bluetooth issue get fixed in this ROM, I know that the CM10 ROM has not been updated yet,. I found a rom that did have a2dp, but would love to check this baby out soon!

vegandroid

Apr 7, 2011
Auburn
Anyone have a fix for the soft key's leds and is anyone else having a problem when receiving a phone call and the phone taking forever to wake up?

eatonjb

Mar 5, 2006
I have a weird issue.. I have 2 gmail accounts, 1 personal , 1 work.

When I check my personal email, and open one up, works great! when I check my other Gmail account, i can see all the messages, but as soon as I open one up, GMAIL crashes!. I cleared cache (both) and also cleared out the application, even where I uninstalled the updates! still it does not work..

ideas?

e..b

calvin35

Dec 29, 2011
Just wanted to say that I flashed this rom , the latest jb apps(not the one in the OP), and ktoonz latest jb kernel all at the same time using TWRP recovery and the only issue I am having, besides an extra buttery experience, is the camera force closing after I take a picture. :)

Msabbir75

Dec 18, 2010
Hey i tried installing the Rom, i have the AOKP jellybean but when i go into recovery and try to install the ROM it says installation aborted. Am i doing something wrong? I didn't Wipe before trying to flash according to instructions

Reactions: aite97

emma999

Dec 11, 2010
Battery Drain and Camera FC

I have the problem that after flashing hybrid on AOKP Rom my battery went from 100% to 14% in two hours with minimal use, which is way faster than when I was just on AOKP. Anyone have a solution, Camera freezes and closes after trying to take a picture....Solution?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PLEASE POST ALL QUESTIONS HERE YOU HAVE REGARDING

PARANOID ANDROID (JB) by thebz1
    paranoid.png

jellybean.png

tempgs3.png

SEE SECOND POST FOR FAQ, KNOWN ISSUES AND MORE!
    Google wallet
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1810118

Feel free to hit thanks :)

KNOWN ISSUES

REPORTED BUGS THAT ARE BEING ADDRESSED:

FAQ

• Q: How do I make paranoid treat settings like a phone? Tried paranoid settings/apps/settings to 320.
      A: Go to Layout and Choose which layout :)
    • Q: When I check my personal email, and open one up, works great! when I check my other Gmail account, i can see all the messages, but as soon as I open one up, GMAIL crashes!. I cleared cache (both) and also cleared out the application, even where I uninstalled the updates! still it does not work..
    • Q: Are there themes?
      A: all cm10 themes from the Play Store should work.
    • Q: After installing the Play Store gives an error trying to install/purchase!
      A: Try wiping data and cache from Play Store/flashing different gapps
    • Q: When is Paranoid ___ coming out?
      A: CM's First Rule: NO OTAS :)

For reporting bugs please try to include a logcat. Instructions for how to make one here
    reserved again :)
    Its Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Network Mode. 4th option from the top.