Xperia Z As smooth as Note 2 or Nexus 4??

Search This thread

xperiax10.awesome

Nov 20, 2010
Singapore
Hi guys,
I just used the Xperia Z at Sony stores, I like the design very much n overall phone looks good. The problem I see is that home screen transition is NOT as smooth as one would expect from 2013 device, my Note 2 is butter smooth.
I have seen in youtube videos as well, the transition on XZ is not very smooth, a bit a lag still there. What do you think its just problems with pre production models ??? And final product will be butter smooth !!

sent from Giant Killer Galaxy Note 2

AayushDhuria

Oct 1, 2011
The guy who had XZ but removed his the verge article had final retail version and he did say it lags in just switching home screens with heavy widgets, no where else.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

xperiax10.awesome

Nov 20, 2010
Singapore
The guy who had XZ but removed his the verge article had final retail version and he did say it lags in just switching home screens with heavy widgets, no where else.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Yeah..m also talking home screen transitions..n every screen has just one widget n still lag was there !!!

SEFanX10i

Oct 26, 2010
Pune
Use the same launcher as your note 2 and same widgets, Z will be smoother than your note 2.

With Z widgets your note 2 will lag even more.

So you are worrying about nothing actually.

But seeing your past few phone purchases I think S4 is better suited for you ;)

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk

xperiax10.awesome

Nov 20, 2010
Singapore
Use the same launcher as your note 2 and same widgets, Z will be smoother than your note 2.

With Z widgets your note 2 will lag even more.

So you are worrying about nothing actually.

But seeing your past few phone purchases I think S4 is better suited for you ;)

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk

Lets see how S4 looks like..if it got premium looks then 100% I will go with S4 otherwise XZ this time !! :)

AayushDhuria

Oct 1, 2011
Lets see how S4 looks like..if it got premium looks then 100% I will go with S4 otherwise XZ this time !! :)

Same condition. Although I'll wait for CM dev's review as I can't live on touchwiz and i'll be flashing Paranoid Android right away. Btw Xperia Z with even Apex launcher on stock ROM would be better than Nexus 4. Nexus 4 has thermal throttling and it's totally fkd up.

MasK

May 15, 2005
Singapore
www.imraneo.com
Well.. I'm not familiar with Sony devices but they all look pretty darn good. The ZX would be my first Sony if I do get it and I've been reading up and developer support seems better.
If that's the case, I'm pretty sure the device can speed up. For a start.. by using Nova launcher and perhaps overclocking.
And yea.. I can't wait to try it out at the Sony store!