[POLL] How long are you keeping your Galaxy Note?

How long are you keeping your Galaxy Note?

• Up to 3 months

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Up to 6 months

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • Up to 1 year

Votes: 19 16.8%
  • Up to 2 years

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • Until it dies out

Votes: 53 46.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Poriotis

Apr 3, 2012
Los Angeles
There are a lot of exciting and new phones/tablets coming out soon. Android 4.3 is out, the Galaxy Note III is around the corner, there is a new Nexus 7, Moto X is coming, etc. Are you tempted to buy any of these devices?

How long are you planning to keep your Samsung Galaxy Note before upgrading to another phone or simply not using it anymore?

skryte

Jan 10, 2010
Lincoln City
lol ive already went through one and am on my second. the first went into a lake, bounced off concrete, and just finally the screen went out on me 2 months ago. i had all these accessories so i figured id just get another. then when this one dies i'll get something different.

bhaskell

Feb 20, 2011
I am done with contract phones. I like my note and as long as it functions normally I see no reason to upgrade it. I have 4 phones on my plan and the last contract ends in September. After that I'm going to try straight talk or TMobile. Of my 4 phones, I have 1400 minutes, two data plans, nation wide, unlimited texting and I get a 25% discount through my job and I'm still paying $200 a month. If I switched to ST or TM, I can get 4 phones with full data....etc for the same price. Granted you don't get 4G LTE, but I really wouldn't miss that HSPA+ and 3G is good enough for me.

When one of my phones dies, I'll gladly search Craigslist and buy something to replace it used...

I just finally dumped my ATT Uverse...... ATT sucks

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
Just until i can get a deal on either Note 3 or Mega. Whichever is bigger and i can get refurb deal on. Last purchase i got 2 S3's and Note for $100

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: dadymon53

Really now

Dec 2, 2011
NW Indiana
Currently there is not a phone on the market that I would take over my Note. As for the up and coming devices pretty much all we have are unfounded rumors. I am looking forward to the Note 3 release and if it has the size and features that I want I imagine that it will be my next upgrade. But there again I'll be waiting to find out exactly what these new phones have in them before I do anything. :fingers-crossed:

bob60626

Feb 7, 2013
Chicago
I'll probably pick up a clean used Note 2 this fall once the 3 comes out, primarily for battery life. I also want to get the TMobile version this time. I've been spending a lot of time in Milwaukee and my TMO S2 just does better than the Note. I might even ditch my 7.0+ when I get the new phone.

Aiekazie

Aug 24, 2012
Note 3 or Moto X for me. I'm hoping a dev of my old phone will move to Moto X when it releases and if he does then I'm sold.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

CalcProgrammer1

Oct 8, 2007
Kansas City
I'm sticking with my Note i717 until Note 3 is out AND has good Cyanogenmod support. Can't stand using non-AOSP ROMs. I will never buy a device without a wacom stylus again, the Note has proven it to be a great feature. I like the 5+ inch screen size as well. I wish Note 3 went back to 16:10 (maybe 1920x1200) but I'll probably still get it regardless as long as there's a T-Mobile supported version I can get off contract, and preferably with a Qualcomm SoC because Exynos sucks for open source ROMs it seems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

jman315

Jul 21, 2013
I'll probably pick up a clean used Note 2 this fall once the 3 comes out, primarily for battery life. I also want to get the TMobile version this time. I've been spending a lot of time in Milwaukee and my TMO S2 just does better than the Note. I might even ditch my 7.0+ when I get the new phone.

I live between Milwaukee and Chicago. Try flashing the TMO UVLG3 modem. I've had the best results with that.

dubsteps

Sep 7, 2012
Great Lakes
As long as devs port the newest Android OS to the Note, I will most likely stick with it. I don't like the physical Home button, on newer Galaxy S# and Note# phones. Maybe the Galaxy Mega or HTC One Max (if it has an SD card slot).

merlise

Dec 28, 2012
For FOREVER. If it will last that long c: I'd say at most . . . two years. I just ordered my Note a few days ago off of eBay and I'm patiently waiting for it to arrive. I'm leaving my Pantech Burst behind (I'm gonna miss it), but this phone will be an upgrade. I can't wait to see what it can do :)

TE TOQUE

Apr 14, 2012
Atlanta
I'm patiently waiting for the Note 3. I just recently purchased the AT&T S4's for my wife and two sons and they are great devices, yet I love the larger screen on the Note. I've had the Note since it came out and waited on it for about 4-6 months prior to release after reading about it. Since purchase I have many cases, battery wall charger and 3 batteries (which in always carry 1 extra in pocket). If the Note came in a 6 inch screen like the Mega I'd love it, but the Mega's specs aren't very appealing to me. With the rumors mentioned about the Note 3 seems like I won't get 6 inch, more like 5.7 following the .2 increase from Note 1-2. Now regarding network I would NEVER go to anything less than LTE again after being spoiled with these blazing speeds of 60 mbps + . The service is sometimes almost 2x my home network speed (30 mbps Charter) and almost 5x the speed of regular U-Verse speed (10-12mbps if they are lucky). If been using JellyBean Sandwich Rom which has kicked every other ROMs butt (in my opinion) regarding stability, battery life and sheer performance and kept me satisfied with my Note 1. Hopefully we will see more about Note 3 soon.

Last edited:

Bubba

Dec 31, 2011
Hell ( I've taken over. Come on down.)
My son is getting great battery life on his Note 2 even not rooted. I may go with the N2 or maybe the Note 3 if Samsung doesn't run it with the new Tizen operating system. I have been eagerly awaiting the N3 ...but fear they will ruin it.

Reactions: rquiett

Top Liked Posts