[APP] myPlayer - On Demand streaming [v2.300 15-Dec-2011]

Search This thread

xavierdemon

Jul 23, 2008
Installed, the screenshots for the programmes are a little small though, as if it's not sized properly for the Diamond, application icon is also poor quality as well :) however the app works very well indeed. Am on Voda UK and the other XDA app iPlayer only worked over WIFI, this bad boy works over 3G and the quality is very good and playback is smooth.

Very impressed with this app, excellent work. Hope to see an update to resolve the sizing issues :) (even though it's meant to be a QVGA app ;))

tiffy18

Feb 6, 2009
Sorry, but still can't work it out! lol. Setup on the handset with correct details, but not sure what I should if anything be entering on my PC! Started the VLC_telnet, but no streaming going on. Can get coreplay to open, but then says 'unauthorized Request'! Any answers greatly welcomed.

Thanks

FryWalker

Nov 21, 2007
www.skynetsoftware.com
Sorry, but still can't work it out! lol. Setup on the handset with correct details, but not sure what I should if anything be entering on my PC! Started the VLC_telnet, but no streaming going on. Can get coreplay to open, but then says 'unauthorized Request'! Any answers greatly welcomed.

If you are using the "Stream via VLC" option - the streaming should only start once you send the episode request from myPlayer. However you wont see anything displayed on the media server as it will play in the background by default.

You can test the connection between myPlayer and the server by clicking the "Stop All Streaming on Server" button on the Stream Settings dialog. If you get the message "Streaming stopped successfully" you will know that the telnet link is ok.

If not - there are a number of things that could be causing the communication problem. I would have thought that the fact that you don't have a static IP is an issue - but I can't say for definite.

It could be that the ports you selected are blocked by your mobile phone provider. I assume that you have opened the ports on the server. Do you have a firewall running on the server? This may also be an issue.

If you can post some screen shots of any error messages you receive I can try to help further.

-Fry

tiffy18

Feb 6, 2009
Thanks again. I have previously tried the 'stop streaming' and that worked. The ports on the media streamer, where can they be found? On my pc? I'm a bit vague on this area and references to media streamer - sorry. My IP address hasn't changed during yesterday so doubt that's the issue.

I have opened media player too, do I need to enter an address in here somewhere too? if so, where?

Thanks again, sorry for being vague on this.

vibez

Apr 13, 2008
great program!

is there any chance to only have the live streams routed via vlc?

deedee

May 28, 2007
Coleraine
There goes my monthly data allowance and my battery life. :D

Works like a charm on my Trinity, only problem i have is that half the time i don't have a 3G signal just a plain 2G one so don't have the bandwidth, will try tomorrow in work the 3G is slightly better there.

FryWalker

Nov 21, 2007
www.skynetsoftware.com
Thanks again. I have previously tried the 'stop streaming' and that worked. The ports on the media streamer, where can they be found? On my pc? I'm a bit vague on this area and references to media streamer - sorry. My IP address hasn't changed during yesterday so doubt that's the issue.

I have opened media player too, do I need to enter an address in here somewhere too? if so, where?

I don't think I can describe the process any further than I have in the guide.

If I get a chance on the weekend I will put together a video that goes through the setup and then upload it to youtube.

-Fry

FryWalker

Nov 21, 2007
www.skynetsoftware.com
*** Updated to version 0.5b ***

Change list:

- Added 5 more Live TV channels (ITV and SKY News)
- Live Radio is now accessible
- New option to stream via VLC for Live TV only
- A few other bug fixes

chris10230

May 19, 2008
Hey this is a great app but any chance that you could add AppToDate support as it would help with the large amount of updates that are currently being put out...

Thanks

DMAND

Dec 6, 2006
Wow, worked great with coreplayer. Just installed cab run the program and bang streaming BBC over HSPDA, now O2 just how unlimited is your unlimited web bolt on lol

Great work!

funem

This is wonderfull, I have it on my Tytn II installed to the memory card and its works superb.....

One question though... the radio looks for \Windows\streamingplayer.exe

where do I either get this app or where do I change this setting....

Thanks again.....

:D

Ah Edit :- here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=288857 installed it but cant get it to work still :(

Does streamplayer have to be used. I know the BBC radio streams are compatble with core player ( I use the links below ). Can the radio player used, be configurable for Radio streams ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/wm_asx/aod/radio1.asx - Radio 1
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/wm_asx/aod/radio2.asx - Radio 2
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/wm_asx/aod/radio3.asx - Radio 3
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/wm_asx/aod/radio4.asx - Radio 4

Thanks again

Last edited:

FryWalker

Nov 21, 2007
www.skynetsoftware.com
Does streamplayer have to be used. I know the BBC radio streams are compatble with core player ( I use the links below ). Can the radio player used, be configurable for Radio streams?

Didn't realise the StreamingPlayer application was proprietary to HTC.

I will update the Live Radio links in the next release (using the asx streams) so that they can be opened by CorePlayer.

Thanks for the feedback.

-Fry

vibez

Apr 13, 2008
*** Updated to version 0.5b ***

Change list:

- New option to stream via VLC for Live TV only

thanks for this!

I am having an issue though. I'm pretty sure I have the server configured ok as I get the 'streaming successfully stop message' but when I try to play a stream, my media server displays a 'vlc.exe has stopped working' message :(

Any ideas?

FryWalker

Nov 21, 2007
www.skynetsoftware.com
I am having an issue though. I'm pretty sure I have the server configured ok as I get the 'streaming successfully stop message' but when I try to play a stream, my media server displays a 'vlc.exe has stopped working' message

Any ideas?

It could be that your media server is missing the codec required to transcode the stream via VLC. You will need to make sure it has the H264 codec installed (which I believe is included in the ffdshow codec package).

I will post some more details a little later on - with a test that you can carry out to see how your server handles the transcoding.

-Fry

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    my player

Hi All

Fantaststic software works well on my HTC touch 2 i download vis cable fron pc and stoer in history ready to watch, only thing is it does not let you search other channels like itv , channel 5 etc is this normal or have i missed something. once great software.

Regards Mark
    I find get_iplayer the best tool for downloading iplayer content to your pc and transferring to your phone. If you install all the options it will save as mp4. You can even choose the resolution right up to HD
    smile.gif

The latest working version is on the infradead.org website - google for it.
    This program is what myplayer could have become (with subscriptions, etc), but seeing as how it also had an order to stop developing from the BBC, how come it's still going and myplayer isn't?

It was going for several years in its original form, playing a cat and mouse game with the beeb. Every so often the beeb would change the iphone authentication procedure and every time the developer would "mend" the program again! But last year the developer was threatened by the beeb, he stopped mending it, and the broken program lapsed.

Then, from the ashes, another dev took it up, not using the iPhone streams any more but with flv to mp4 conversion, making it even more useful. I suppose it's down to just how threatened the dev feels and whether someone else is willing to take the risk for a while. It warms my heart ...
    *** Updated to version 2.100 ***

Change list:

- Digital TV channels updated
    - Various other minor bug fixes
    *** Updated to version 2.300 ***

Change list:

- Fixed DTV stream connection
    - Player preference issue resolved