[App] Download T-Mobile Wifi-Calling App from G2 here !

Search This thread

rishi_kapoor

Dec 10, 2007
Ideos 2.2

Doesnot work for me. Is this download okay. The earlier app was over 3mb and this one is just 600kb!

please help...:(

seanvree

Jan 7, 2009
Seattle
Samsung Galaxy S10e
I have a HTC Amaze with T-mobile, anyone get it to work? I got it to install, but get the error: "The application wi-fi calling 9processcom.android.kineto) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Thanks,

Last edited:

alucardromero

Sep 1, 2010
I'm wondering if this would work on a Samsung Galaxy S II (T989) under Cyanogenmod 7 since the apk comes from a Vibrant.

I'm gonna try it out eventually. If it does work, I'll return with the results.

halibu

Jun 29, 2010
wifi calling app for s3

Everyone's been asking about it. Everyone wants it. Here it is, the wifi calling app from the G2! I've installed and runs perfectly fine on my vibrant running JP3 froyo 2.2. My home network is weak so i can't really test yet. Kudos to @Official_Drizzy for the .apk
Install with your preferred method of install, I used astro just fine, or push it to /system/app via adb. Whatever floats your boat.

enjoy :D

I tried the s2 app'on my unrooted Rogers s3"but no'go. Does anyone'know of an app yet that will give wifi calling
On Rogers sgs3 ? Tks

mhelm2359

Feb 8, 2014
Need Help, Need this APP

Everyone's been asking about it. Everyone wants it. Here it is, the wifi calling app from the G2! I've installed and runs perfectly fine on my vibrant running JP3 froyo 2.2. My home network is weak so i can't really test yet. Kudos to @Official_Drizzy for the .apk
Install with your preferred method of install, I used astro just fine, or push it to /system/app via adb. Whatever floats your boat.

I have a Samsung galaxy s4 with at&t. I downloaded the app and it won't work. Any suggestions?

Reactions: tjf1

djackson265

Jul 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada
No hack needed today.

I just got off the phone with T-Moble tech support. And I want to preface what I'm about to say with the caveat that the person I spoke with was a bottom tier rep, so I can only promise that I've reported what I was told accurately, not that the information is 100% accurate. So according to this tech:

If you have a non-T-Mobile phone and are a T-Mobile customer, you simply dial 611 and ask them to activate the service on your account. It's not necessary on phones issued by T-Mobile because Wi-Fi calling activation happens automatically. If the tech knew what he was talking about, there is no software to add now, as it's a provisioning issue. The tech said their provisioning window is about two hours, and if the setting for enabling Wi-Fi calling did not appear in Settings>Connections>More Networks (my phone runs Android 4.4.2, and the path to the settings is a little different on earlier versions, but easily found) within 2 hours to reboot the phone and it should appear. Time will tell. ;)

UPDATE: Yeah, time did tell. The setting didn't magically appear, and when I called back after the provisioning window, got escalated to a second-tier tech who said that it's still baked into the firmware of their branded phones and can't be added to an unlocked phone. So I read them the riot act and told them how stupid it was for them to base their entire advertising strategy on courting customers away from other companies and then not making features like their wi-fi calling available to them. Oh well.

Last edited:

sasidhar79

May 29, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
OnePlus 9 Pro
I just got off the phone with T-Moble tech support. And I want to preface what I'm about to say with the caveat that the person I spoke with was a bottom tier rep, so I can only promise that I've reported what I was told accurately, not that the information is 100% accurate. So according to this tech:

If you have a non-T-Mobile phone and are a T-Mobile customer, you simply dial 611 and ask them to activate the service on your account. It's not necessary on phones issued by T-Mobile because Wi-Fi calling activation happens automatically. If the tech knew what he was talking about, there is no software to add now, as it's a provisioning issue. The tech said their provisioning window is about two hours, and if the setting for enabling Wi-Fi calling did not appear in Settings>Connections>More Networks (my phone runs Android 4.4.2, and the path to the settings is a little different on earlier versions, but easily found) within 2 hours to reboot the phone and it should appear. Time will tell. ;)

UPDATE: Yeah, time did tell. The setting didn't magically appear, and when I called back after the provisioning window, got escalated to a second-tier tech who said that it's still baked into the firmware of their branded phones and can't be added to an unlocked phone. So I read them the riot act and told them how stupid it was for them to base their entire advertising strategy on courting customers away from other companies and then not making features like their wi-fi calling available to them. Oh well.
So I can flash CM12 and then call T-Mobile and request wifi calling feature ?

lzgmc

Feb 13, 2016
United States
OnePlus Nord N200 5G

:confused: Do you have to gain root before installing this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I wonder if this would work on Bionix 1.8? I don't mind testing, but if anyone knows the answer...

just install it, it won't hurt to try. If it doesn't, then remove it.
    Have you had any success with this app on the Samsung Vibrant?

I have. I just returned from a 2 week stay in Japan and used it often to send text's and place/receive calls. However, it is a little picky and can sometimes not work, or at least consistently. In that regard, it will not be nearly as fluid or reliable as the UMA on the BB.

will work on a nokia N97 it runs the Symbian OS?

No, Android Apps do not run natively within Symbian OS.
    vibrant wifi app

when i tried installing it, it fc everytime, this one works just fine, credit to pepperkake, i just took it from their rom. thanks fellas

if i helped please press the thank you, if there's an issue, just pm or post
    working Wifi Calling app

this app work