[ROM] Miui V3 2.4.20 [U8800][discontinued]

Search This thread

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
Can anyone tell the antutu score @1GHz? Does GTA3 and asphalt 6 work properly in this ROM?

the only reason I'm asking this is because I'm on ezet's .32 ROM and it would take too much time to go to 2.3> root it>try this ROM>Flash back to 2.2>root it>restore

Asphalt 6 runs ok. But I'm pretty sure it's even faster on ezet's ROM. :)

Metsuki19

Mar 23, 2012
Asphalt 6 runs ok. But I'm pretty sure it's even faster on ezet's ROM. :)

well, actually, that depends on the version I use. The official version in google play runs like crap and the intro movie doesn't work properly. But there's another version (I honestly don't know which), it runs with no problem

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
wow :D

I thought that the kernel does not support ext4 system

interesting and surprising if you do only this :D

I would like to remind you;

MosTerra had returned ext4 to ext3 because ext4 system had a problem with file permissions and symlinks.

Sorry for my english :eek:

Better safe than sorry. I'm uploading R2 version which has ext3 filesystem. If you have problems that are mentioned above, update to this version. Download will be added shortly (first post).

Reactions: rlgcosta

Bruno Soares

Mar 5, 2012
sbasil, can you explain to me what the difference between ext3 and ext4?
It's one thing I do not understand!
I'm sorry.
Disable Network SIM unlock PIN code request is perfect, thank you. : D

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
sbasil, can you explain to me what the difference between ext3 and ext4?
It's one thing I do not understand!
I'm sorry.
Disable Network SIM unlock PIN code request is perfect, thank you. : D

You won't notice any difference between those two filesystems (I didn't). You can read more about it @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext4 And yep, the SIM unlock PIN code removal seems to work fine. I tried to find a fix for the PIN CODE problem too (you can't disable or change the SIM PIN code in this ROM), but couldn't fix it...Could be kernel related problem to which I can't do diddly squat (or not...I just don't know...). Maybe someone with better skills could check it. :)

Last edited:

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
sorry, I'm trying a bunch of ROMS atm, but I'm pretty sure it's read the sdcard or something (since ezet's ROM had v-sync off and it still happened)

Oh, ok...could be...I'm using a class10 sdcard and it runs just OK.

edit: Try installing the game to the internal SDcard and see if it makes any difference(?) :) The internal memory seems to be fairly fast.

Last edited:

Bruno Soares

Mar 5, 2012
You won't notice any difference between those two filesystems (I didn't). You can read more about it @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext4 And yep, the SIM unlock PIN code removal seems to work fine. I tried to find a fix for the PIN CODE problem too (you can't disable or change the SIM PIN code in this ROM), but couldn't fix it...Could be kernel related problem to which I can't do diddly squat (or not...I just don't know...). Maybe someone with better skills could check it. :)

As to EXT 3/4 will not move, it seems that I have no faults with this new rom ...

This is something that never I move ... I like having the phone protected with pin code.
Well, I really liked to help, but I can not touch it. :/

Triflot

Sep 17, 2011
Thanks again for your excellent work on this, sbasil (and, of course, for sharing)!

There is one problem found in most ROMs, including this one (chose to post this here): the force closing of the app "SunVox" upon start (really nice music creation tool).

What do the ROMs that don't force close SunVox have in common? As far as I can tell, different graphics libraries. It works on Aurora. More interestingly, it works on TerraMino's GB Elite ROM, provided you flash his "performance" drivers zip. This contains the 6 files in /system/lib/egl/. adb debugging also shows something's up with these libs when it crashes (don't have the logs right here).

For some reason, flashing them to this ROM doesn't work. The phone boots into a black screen. I've tried changing updater-script to ext4 (and tried ext3 on the most recent ROM), as well as copying them over manually, to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea of how to make this work? Thanks!

Last edited:

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
Thanks again for your excellent work on this, sbasil (and, of course, for sharing)!

There is one problem found in most ROMs, including this one (chose to post this here): the force closing of the app "SunVox" upon start (really nice music creation tool).

What do the ROMs that don't force close SunVox have in common? As far as I can tell, different graphics libraries. It works on Aurora. More interestingly, it works on TerraMino's GB Elite ROM, provided you flash his "performance" drivers zip. This contains the 6 files in /system/lib/egl/. adb debugging also shows something's up with these libs when it crashes (don't have the logs right here).

For some reason, flashing them to this ROM doesn't work. The phone boots into a black screen. I've tried changing updater-script to ext4 (and tried ext3 on the most recent ROM), as well as copying them over manually, to no avail.

It's for .32 MIUI, won't work with .35. :rolleyes: I'll give Terramino's ROM a look and see if it has different graphics drivers. :)

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
Thank you, but it still doesn't work (wiped caches before flashing). These libs seem to be identical to yours. Don't worry about it, though. :)

Hold on a sec...I'll upload another one with gralloc.default.so & gralloc.msm7x30.so from elite rom as well... :)

edit: nevermind....they don't work too well with this ROM. :) graphics got really sluggish.

edit: if you want the original drivers back, here's a patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?ov6axczzkm79q0q

Last edited:
Reactions: Triflot

Bruno Soares

Mar 5, 2012
This promises ROM :D

I usually test the processor consumption listening to music on phones ... in the other versions was 245MHz, now more below ... 122MHz

Consumption even lower. :D

Igory0k

Nov 21, 2011

Try to install the kernel by genokolar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [DISCONTINUED]

7111184563_e3b9cabf9b_b.jpg

ABOUT THE ROM

• Based on miuiandroid.com's 2.4.20 (Desire S)
    • Kernel version: ezet@u8800 [ [max OC 1800MHz][.32] by ezet
    • Works with Atmel & Synaptics touchscreens
    • vsync on (fps locked)
    • USB tethering works
    • WIFI tethering works, thanks to ezet
    • Everything should pretty much work
    • Official development has ended, so what you see is pretty much what you get. Don't expect big "new feature" updates.

FEATURES & PRE-INSTALLED APPS

REQUIREMENTS
    • U8800 only, NOT U8800 PRO or -51
    • 2.6.32 based ROM installed before you install this one[either official or .32 based custom ROM]
    • While it's not required, I strongly recommend making a backup of your IMEI before installing ANY ROM.
      There's a thread about it HERE
    • CWM 5.0.2.3 & 5.0.2.6

INSTALLATION / CLICK HERE FOR FINNISH
    1. Reboot to CWM
    2. Do a factory reset & format dalvik cache
    3. Install the ROM
    4. Reboot CWM if you're installing updates

DOWNLOAD MIUI

UPDATES [latest update has all previous updates]
    • Update V1.1:
      fixes system sounds [enables the camera shutter sound (which you can disable from the camera app of course)]
      ringtone fix (enables the phone to ring more than once)

• Update 1.2:
      minor changes in init.d folder [better memory usage (?), some scripts removed...]

• Update 1.3:
      updated hosts-file http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

• Update 1.4: DOWNLOAD HERE or HERE [for people using the minmax governor]
      updated Bluetooth [libs&conf files]

• Update 1.4a: DOWNLOAD HERE or HERE [for people using the minmax governor]
      double entries removed from the build.prop

• New full version 1.5
      Ezet's new "stock" kernel # 3
      All previous updates
      Added AppDrawer (much better alternative than the one MIUI Control panel comes with)
      Solid Explorer updated

• Version 1.51 changelog
      Full version & update for 1.50
      VPN errors fixed
      MIUI stats app removed
      AppDrawer replaced with Organized Drawer (less FCs, more stable...hopefully)
      download the patch HERE [~300kB] or the full version for a clean install HERE [~130MB]

PATCHES

KNOWN BUGS & FIXES/WORKAROUNDS

• When you're setting up your email, do it when the UI language is English. For some reason the email app
      might end up in a loop if you set it up using some other language. After you've set it up and
      started it once, you can change the UI language and it'll work OK.

• Top-Bar battery indicator won't show
      fix: 1. choose "Top-Bar" battery indicator 2. start MIUI control panel
      --> Statusbar Options --> Battery Options --> turn show battery OFF and back ON.

• NOTE: You can use other launchers if you dislike MIUI's native launcher.

LINKS

THANKS
    7111157845_34a600b985_b.jpg

PREVIOUS [DISCONTINUED] VERSIONS

Requirements:

- U8800 only, NOT U8800 PRO or -51

- 2.6.35 based ROM [GB] installed before you install this one[either official or custom ROM]

- While it's not required, I strongly recommend making a backup of your IMEI before installing ANY ROM.

- CWM 5.0.2.7 & 5.5.0.4

MIUI 2.4.20 MULTILINGUAL [.35]

download: http://www.mediafire.com/?0ffv1q5l4afa2bf [R6.0 SP3] [~ 127 MB]

About the ROM:

- .35 kernel by Unnles, Atmel problems fixed but has still sensor lag issues & "pixel jump bug" which makes scrolling rough (even original .35 ROMs seemed to have the same issue)
    - slightly faster than its .32 counterpart, might even have better camera libs

ADDITIONAL DOWNLOADS:

Disable SIM Network PIN unlock code request [for unlocked phones]
    download: http://www.mediafire.com/?z3krifoo6856rw2

Enable SIM Network PIN unlock code request [if you accidentally installed the patch above and don't have 3G or network]
    download: http://www.mediafire.com/?6gmin5vl77dcg8q

Volume rocker wakeup
    download: http://www.mediafire.com/?8n8cwm29fgugdpf

vsync settings:

1. vsync OFF: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yds4eh88c2e7nv3

2. vsync ON: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0gshjaoa66r3zjw [default]

MIUI 2.4.13 FINAL MULTILINGUAL [.35]

download: http://www.mediafire.com/?14n2oqno5a7df9m
    It's time to end this project on my behalf. Summer vacation is closing in on me fast and I'm planning not to spend it on front of my computer. If anyone wants to take over and take this ROM even further (it really isn't quite there yet), please feel free & go right ahead. Thanks to everybody for all the feedback, testing and help. Have a good summer y'all! :)
    NEW: MIUI-32-ProjectX [X stands for experiment :p] [May 24 2012]

download: http://www.mediafire.com/?c7aqeo41yx5t36x

I don't know how stable this ROM is which is the reason why I named it ProjectX. If the luck is on our side and it turns out to be stable and battery life is OK, I don't see any reason not to use this ROM instead of the .35 version (at least until the bugs get fixed). It has all the same stuff as its big brother (.35).

What's new & +/- compared to .35 ROM

new .32 kernel (ezet@u8800 #22)
    + no sensor lag
    + no PIN code bug (you can actually add it, change it, remove it...)
    + the UI feels smoother [doesn't jump 5 pixels at a time like .35]
    + youtube plays 720p&1080p content smoothly [even with vsync on]
    + force internal mic when headphones are connected should work (?)
    + Minecraft works again (HA :p)

- 3D is a little bit slower [lower Antutu scores with equal clock speeds]
    - need to install Froyo before you can install this [unless you already are on .32 ROM]
    - camera might not be as "good" as with .35
    - bright softkeys
    - I'm sure we'll find out more eventually :p
    Surprise!

Hello dear X5 users! I have a wonderful surprise! I compiled a MIUI (.35 kernel) with everything is fixed (like sensor lags) from my cm7 vendor files! aanndd in this base,you can use any kernel.I deleted app,fonts,framework,media,usr and META-INF folders so this isn't a installable ROM. I hope that sbasil will make a wonderful ROM to us with this base!

Download:http://code.google.com/p/forumber-projects-for-u8800/downloads/detail?name=MIUI_u8800_2.6.35_onlybase_forumber.zip&can=2&q=