[Ref] Note 2 Dev List the Unofficial.

Search This thread

cincyelite22

Jul 30, 2011
Cincinnati
This is the unofficial thread to find the list of developers for the Samsung Galaxy Note II.

If you are a developer and or ROM maker/cooker would like to confirm that you are going to dev on this device please send me a pm, and I will add you to the list. In past experiences these types of threads have shown to be very helpful to build dev support for a device, and also to help people decide on a device.

What, actually is the list for?
Basically its for people and devs to see all the dev support the device will have. This sometimes is the deciding factor for getting a phone. If there's huge dev support more people will come. This makes it easier for people to find information on what devs will be supporting the note 2.

To pm me and get added to the list Click Here.

Let's make this Galaxy Note II community awesome!

Confirmed Developers
1.Utacka
2.thering1975
3.DakiX
4.::indie::
5.m3dd0g
6.Crash 1976
7.g.lewarne
8.toxicthunder
9.awesomehacker
10.KashaMalaga
11.-Viperboy-
12.lennyuk
13.Dexter_nlb
14.DocRambone
15.imilka
16.f3w1n
17.kristofpetho
18.mike1986.
19.Stavr0s91i
20.wanam
21.xator91
22.Beukhof1
23.ptmr3
24.Anas M.I
25.cpu999
26.AndreiLux
27.Chainfire
28.Patrics83
29.Chenglu
30.bigbiff

Last edited:

leafsacc

Mar 21, 2012
Hi,

Thanks for starting this thread. I just want to ask "Do you think there be a lot of development for this phone?" Particularly for Note II, in general for future Samsung phones.

I just finished watching this video here or here and I just heard about some developers leaving Samsung altogether? Samsung locking bootloaders? Samsung getting too big for their own ego? :eek:

I currently own the Int'l N7000 and I found the development to be good for what I want. I didn't check out the i717 thread but I assume they are fair.

I'm not really experienced in rooting but I found Samsung Note to be fairly straight forward. I recently rooted an HTC Amaze 4G and the numerous steps plus the lack of info made me never to buy an HTC phone (even if I do like the HTC One X, my friend has the North American version and he said development is low there).

This is one reason why I'm holding out on the Note II until Feb 2013, maybe even Sept 2013 (in case Note 3) comes out because I want to see how the development plays out.

I know the phone just came out, but I assumed International Note development should be all hunky dory but I never know. Makes me not want to switch devices. I had an Int'l Galaxy S2 previously and development for that is great!

I hear Sony development is awesome. But then, I think I'll just go get a Nexus for ease of development (but the screen is so small!)

What do you guys think?

Confirmed Developers
1.Utacka
2.thering1975
3.DakiX

Reactions: non1oson

non1oson

Feb 14, 2012
thanks leafsacc, I wasn't aware of this until now. I'm still not sure what's going on but I assumed there would be a way around a bootloader, as coders always find a way :highfive:

but reading the below, says it could have been verizon which was the cause of the bootloader, not samsung. so why is xdadevtv directing his video to samsung? is it because no open source was given for the s3? has it still not been released? will it be? anyone care to sum it up for some of us who aren't in the know? :>

Based on Samsung’s track record of always shipping devices with unlocked bootloaders, we can all safely deduce that Verizon is the one to blame here.
http://www.xda-developers.com/android/verizon-samsung-galaxy-s-iii-unlocked/

Reactions: leafsacc

Utacka

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 19, 2012
Stockholm
www.utacka.se
For starters cm will not support n7100 if samsung dont change their ways. atleast the current dev team in cm will not support newer samsung exynos devices. i9300/n80xx was the last. Only way to get n7100 supported is if samsung cooperate or a new dev join cm dev team.

Without cm support i cannot do my paranoidandroid from source as I do with n7000. Time will tell if some new dev join cm samsung team or samsung get their act together. Dont look good though.

Skickat från min GT-N7100 via Tapatalk 2

m3dd0g

Jul 11, 2011
NRW
For starters cm will not support n7100 if samsung dont change their ways. atleast the current dev team in cm will not support newer samsung exynos devices. i9300/n80xx was the last. Only way to get n7100 supported is if samsung cooperate or a new dev join cm dev team.

Without cm support i cannot do my paranoidandroid from source as I do with n7000. Time will tell if some new dev join cm samsung team or samsung get their act together. Dont look good though.

Whoops not good news :crying: i need also sources...

jbounours

Feb 27, 2012
London
Well I don't get it because it is sharing most of the hardware with S3 so the stuff should be at least ported easily.

Now I understand Samsung being a complete ass with their proprietary drivers

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Utacka

Apr 19, 2012
Stockholm
www.utacka.se
Well I don't get it because it is sharing most of the hardware with S3 so the stuff should be at least ported easily.

You still need one of the dev maintaining exynos devices to buy n7100 and then maintaining it... we can hope for someone to step up but its their freetime and money. Entropy512 told me he would be buying at&t version which is nearly identical if samsung would change their behavior. All we can do for now is to sit and wait...

Last edited:

DakiX

Mar 11, 2012
Hi guys, my ROM is finally finished and now uploaded at 89%.
I need a tester! My Note 2 has not arrived yet :(

Please write via PM.

E90 Commie

Feb 5, 2009
New York
This is a great thread. I hope more chefs will chime in.

I am considering a Note II but it is absolutely vital that CM is developed for it, together with Paranoid Android. Especially since Key Lime Pie (CM11?) is be around the corner.

I also think it is important with AOSP/AOKP development for it.

So I hope the issue will be sorted during this month. If not, I am afraid that I have to consider a different game plan.

Buying a device without proper developer support is a no go for me.:cowboy:

Utacka

Apr 19, 2012
Stockholm
www.utacka.se
For everyone woundering about my sources here is a statement from Entropy512:

Not likely to happen. If CM comes to the Note 2, it will only be if a new maintainer steps up.

Most of the current Exynos maintainer team (myself, espenfjo, codeworkx) and others have all decided that our current devices will be our last non-Nexus Exynos devices. I'm not sure about xplodwild, but I have a feeling he's highly unlikely to take up another Haxxinos with the rest of us gone and given his prior experiences with it.

If Samsung changes their attitude towards developers, this might change, but their attitude lately (zero documentation, zero platform source code, a trend towards bootloader locking - Only the Verizon S3 has a locked bootloader now, but Samsung has had the infrastructure in place since the S2 and they are constantly adding more checks) has led to the current Exynos maintainer team deciding that enough is enough. I don't think any of us are going to do anything to make Samsung's Exynos devices more attractive to any particular market segment until they provide assistance (in the form of technical documentation and source code) in return. I don't know about the others, but if they offer me a free device I'll say no - I refuse to participate in a PR stunt like the I9100 donations were.

Pretty much the only way I'll go back is if I see reference platform source that is up to the same standards as CAF and omapzoom, or they actually start providing real documentation and source code for the devices I'm currently working with.

leafsacc

Mar 21, 2012
Thanks entwicklun,

I Googled "verizon locked bootloader samsung galaxy note" and from what I understand that it was Verizon's request to lock the bootloader. Not sure what I would do if I was Samsung but my guess is, if it helps sell more phones on Verizon then lock the boot loader. Money talks, right?

But then I'm hearing news about Samsung not giving developers this and that, just like the example below. :(

And I also need a phone that will have Paranoid Android (and the odd CM here and there), but it must also a 5" phablet. I guess there is nothing wrong with my current Note, but again by searching on Google there's a possibility that the "next big thing" might be the HTC Google Nexus X+. If that has an expansion card slot, that's it, I'm not getting the Note 2.

This is a great thread. I hope more chefs will chime in.

I am considering a Note II but it is absolutely vital that CM is developed for it, together with Paranoid Android. Especially since Key Lime Pie (CM11?) is be around the corner.

I also think it is important with AOSP/AOKP development for it.

So I hope the issue will be sorted during this month. If not, I am afraid that I have to consider a different game plan.

Buying a device without proper developer support is a no go for me.:cowboy:

Thanks for all the work the dev's put in. I'm just saying, my next phone is where the developers are. Samsung doesn't own us. :laugh:

Reactions: non1oson

g.lewarne

May 13, 2009
Plymouth
I'll be here when I get my note2 in December :)

For those that don't know, TW ROM, aokp and multi booting kernel (or at least 2 sesperate kernels )

Myself and utaka could probably come up with a aosp supporting kernel for the device if official CM does not materialise.

non1oson

Feb 14, 2012
cheers, I'm sure those browsing like me will know what's up now.

I've already ordered my note 2, but I would fully support the dev crew. even if that means selling my note 2 at a loss and buying what's being developed, pending though. I do like phablets and if the x+ doesn't have an exspansion slot then I probably wouldn't buy it.

I also hope aokp devs on the note 2. I certainly love their ROMS :D:D:D:D

Last edited:

toxicthunder

Mar 24, 2012
New Delhi

For those that don't know, TW ROM, aokp and multi booting kernel (or at least 2 sesperate kernels )

Myself and utaka could probably come up with a aosp supporting kernel for the device if official CM does not materialise.

Are noobs like me allowed to jump in please?
Utacka sir is so kind to us all in his PA thread ;)

Anyways, I think devving for this device would initially start with kanged TW based ROMs. With CM wary on supporting the device, it does seem a bit dark but hey, I am sure there are others to step up.

But then again, you can never be too sure.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

BTW, next nexus device is perhaps open to all OEMs.

Might be an Optimus from LG but from what I've read other manufactures are welcome to jump in and join the party.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

leafsacc

Mar 21, 2012
I am the same, an expansion card slot is a big plus.

development support is also a big factor.

I would flash aokp right now but i'm so scared of emmc bug (which I assume will not be in the Note 2 just like it did not exist in GB ROM Notes. But who knows if "Key Lime Pie/Kandy Kane" might have a similar brick bug) on ICS kangs that I just stay far, far, away.

My ultimate fav is CassiesXtraLite so it's good to see thering1975 on the list.

I do like phablets and if the x+ doesn't have an exspansion slot then I probably wouldn't buy it.

I also hope aokp devs on the note 2. I certainly love their ROMS :D:D:D:D

Lennyuk

Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
I might bring VillainRom to the Note2, but only if/when we can get our OTA update/optional mods app up and running to a high enough standard.

f3w1n

Apr 10, 2012
Would be nice to know for wich model is going to work each developer.

- f3w1n -

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the unofficial thread to find the list of developers for the Samsung Galaxy Note II.

If you are a developer and or ROM maker/cooker would like to confirm that you are going to dev on this device please send me a pm, and I will add you to the list. In past experiences these types of threads have shown to be very helpful to build dev support for a device, and also to help people decide on a device.

What, actually is the list for?
    Basically its for people and devs to see all the dev support the device will have. This sometimes is the deciding factor for getting a phone. If there's huge dev support more people will come. This makes it easier for people to find information on what devs will be supporting the note 2.

To pm me and get added to the list Click Here.

Let's make this Galaxy Note II community awesome!

Confirmed Developers
    1.Utacka
    2.thering1975
    3.DakiX
    5.m3dd0g
    6.Crash 1976
    7.g.lewarne
    8.toxicthunder
    9.awesomehacker
    10.KashaMalaga
    11.-Viperboy-
    12.lennyuk
    13.Dexter_nlb
    14.DocRambone
    15.imilka
    16.f3w1n
    17.kristofpetho
    18.mike1986.
    19.Stavr0s91i
    20.wanam
    21.xator91
    22.Beukhof1
    23.ptmr3
    24.Anas M.I
    25.cpu999
    26.AndreiLux
    27.Chainfire
    28.Patrics83
    29.Chenglu
    30.bigbiff

If I buy Note 2, most probably wait for the LTE version, I will help to start the kernel development. Although my previous developments are on Tegra2 devices (Acer A500, Galaxy R...), I would like to contribute to the Note 2 community :)
    I will be here :)