[q] help!!!! No os

Search This thread

bpqly1

Dec 16, 2013
Sullivan
Ok, so i was going to backup my phone (NEXUS 4) and it got an error so i was in Team win recovery and accidentally erased my whole os and on top of that all my back ups so i got nexus toolkit to try to flash stock and it gave me an error so i did force flash i checked the model and board and what not and it all matched but on the command prompt it had an error loading system .img so i was going back to team win recovery... and it is now gone i get a android guy with a "!" and i need to know how to fix this please

failly

Jul 17, 2012
Install adb drivers.
Download stock image from google.
Sideload image.

No need to panic, easy fixable.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: bpqly1

bpqly1

Dec 16, 2013
Sullivan
OK!

Ok, I will try this when i get home so about 15min and ill keep you posted on what happens. but i still have a question, why cant nexus toolkit do it? i think it is extracting it to the wrong folder because on the command prompt it says it cant find like system.img nor boot.img or something like that lol it has been a while since i last looked at it

bpqly1

Dec 16, 2013
Sullivan
fastboot

Ok, I will try this when i get home so about 15min and ill keep you posted on what happens. but i still have a question, why cant nexus toolkit do it? i think it is extracting it to the wrong folder because on the command prompt it says it cant find like system.img nor boot.img or something like that lol it has been a while since i last looked at it

when i get to the actual flashing part with CMD when i type fastboot it says it isnt recognized as a command.... any clue?

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
when i get to the actual flashing part with CMD when i type fastboot it says it isnt recognized as a command.... any clue?

Open the command window in the same directory as you have fastboot.exe. shift, right click on that directory and a window will pop up letting you open the command window there.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Reactions: bpqly1

bpqly1

Dec 16, 2013
Sullivan
No fastboot.exe

Open the command window in the same directory as you have fastboot.exe. shift, right click on that directory and a window will pop up letting you open the command window there.

Sent from my Nexus 5

i dont seem to have a "fastboot.exe" file

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    151.7 KB · Views: 19

bpqly1

Dec 16, 2013
Sullivan
You guys

Yall are ****ing awesome, because of you guys i have my phone back... i think each of you with all that i have... i use my phone for my job and because of yall i still have a job... you guys some how got some one that doesnt do much with android told me how to put a whole OS on and i appreciate it:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Yall are ****ing awesome, because of you guys i have my phone back... i think each of you with all that i have... i use my phone for my job and because of yall i still have a job... you guys some how got some one that doesnt do much with android told me how to put a whole OS on and i appreciate it:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Glad you got it working.

Sent from my Nexus 5

bpqly1

Dec 16, 2013
Sullivan

I don't seem to have any recovery any more any clue? I went to root without a computer and it can't find it can you tell me what I did wrong or should I just try nexus toolkit to root my device because I don't even think it is rooted. Or should I use cmd to root and put super user and custom recovery? If so do you know of a link.. I'm sorry but I appreciate the help

captaindyson

May 24, 2012
I don't seem to have any recovery any more any clue? I went to root without a computer and it can't find it can you tell me what I did wrong or should I just try nexus toolkit to root my device because I don't even think it is rooted. Or should I use cmd to root and put super user and custom recovery? If so do you know of a link.. I'm sorry but I appreciate the help

I am not sure of a way to solve this problem you are having but I would recommend not using the toolkits for a little while, it seems to me like you have a bit to learn about ADB and rooting etc. And you need that to fix any problems you get into. The toolkits should be a shortcut for things you already know how to do, not to replace learning :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
ok man give me a second im really new with all this cmd stuff, sorry :( but i love ALL the help i have gotten, you guys are awesome and the super fast reply's are amazing when your in need of help

You will lose root and the custom recovery do that is expected. Use the link you were given on page 1 and go to section E

Sent from my Nexus 5

Top Liked Posts