[PORT] Samsung Smart View App For All Android Devices - Makes You Enjoy Your Smart TV

Search This thread

Nokia7Vista

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2009
East-Riffa
www.youtube.com
Hi All :D

I was able to port the Samsung Smart View App so that it can work for all android devices than holding it for the SGS II only.

f-1024-17

Description

This application is Wi-Fi remote control for Samsung Smart TV. If both your phone and TV are connected to the same wireless Router, your phone will link to the TV automatically where you can use your phone like a remote control. The TV can also transfer live feeds to your phone.

ss-800-0-18

[Main Features]

-Dual View
Enjoy TV and other multimedia right from your mobile device that’s connected to Samsung Smart TV. You can even send what you’re watching on your mobile device to TV and watch it from TV.
- Bluetooth PowerOn
You can use your mobile device to turn on your TV using Bluetooth (available for certain TV and mobile devices only).
-Remote
Your mobile device can work as remote for your Samsung TV or BD products. Full remote screen is provided by default, and three tabs are provided at the bottom of the screen to help you control connected devices with ease. Onscreen keyboard shows up automatically when you need to enter text.
-Game Controller
With this feature, your mobile device can control games on TV. Full and Simple modes are available. Turn on Gyro function on your mobile device, and control games by tilting your mobile device.
-Settings
You can fine-tune control for TV and BD by adjusting gesture sensitivity in your mobile device.

ss-800-1-18

[How to set up]

1.Check if Wireless Remote Control or Network Remote Control is enabled in your TV’s System or Setup menu. If you don’t see either of them in the menu, Samsung Smart View App can’t be used in your mobile device.
2.Connect wireless/wired router to TV LAN port, or connect Samsung Wireless LAN adapter to TV USB port.
3.Connect your phone to wireless/wired router.

Market Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.samsung.smartview

Download Link For The Ported Version:

Hotfile

or

MediaFire

Enjoy
;)

Last edited:

anidrin

May 3, 2007
Can you port the tab version? I'd like to use that for my Xoom.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

Reactions: zopozp

Kosem

Dec 1, 2007
Works on my Galaxy S, but only as the "remote mode" app - i.e. you cannot use dual view, cannot stream anything to/from the TV.

This basically makes it exactly the same as the Samsung Remote App, which already worked on all phones.

Reactions: zopozp and beatbrot

Nokia7Vista

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2009
East-Riffa
www.youtube.com
Can you port the tab version? I'd like to use that for my Xoom.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

It should work with the tab

Works on my Galaxy S, but only as the "remote mode" app - i.e. you cannot use dual view, cannot stream anything to/from the TV.

This basically makes it exactly the same as the Samsung Remote App, which already worked on all phones.

Don't really know if it fully work,, as I still didn't receive the TV :mad:

nautyicars

Sep 1, 2009
not sure about it yet,, as my Smart TV should arrive by 2morrow :D

Did your TV arrive yet and were you able stream to your phone? I just downloaded it but unable to test intill i get home. Its a different version then the Remote app so im crossing my fingers. Ive got a 55" LED samsung with smartview so im hoping it will work. Im actually on a HTC EVO and i was able to install the app unlike before where the app would fail to install.

I

iJunaid

I ordered a 46" D8000 TV, coming in mid-August. If this app works with my current setup CM7 on HTC EVO 4G, I will for sure contribute in any way possible to make sure this app lives on!

Dxtra

May 27, 2010
Dual view doesn't work, only the remote control. This does the same as the one in the market.

Sent from my Samsung Infuse 4G

type_2

Jun 20, 2011
California
I'm using Astro File Manager, opened it with App Manager, but it says it could not open the file as an .apk. Am I missing something?

daniel_swg27

Mar 21, 2008
Bucharest
I have a 40D8000 led new edition and the future " Dual View " doesn't work. It acts like remote from market . No - Dual View . Why ? Can we solve this ?

anunna

Aug 25, 2010
Redmi Note 9
I work in a technology department with loads of Samsung TV's. Tried it on D6510, D6530, D6750, D8000 at different sizes (32", 40", 46", 55") using my htc desire.
This app just acts the same as Samsung's own unfortunately...no dual view, just remote control functions etc.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All :D

I was able to port the Samsung Smart View App so that it can work for all android devices than holding it for the SGS II only.

f-1024-17

Description

This application is Wi-Fi remote control for Samsung Smart TV. If both your phone and TV are connected to the same wireless Router, your phone will link to the TV automatically where you can use your phone like a remote control. The TV can also transfer live feeds to your phone.

ss-800-0-18

[Main Features]

-Dual View
    Enjoy TV and other multimedia right from your mobile device that’s connected to Samsung Smart TV. You can even send what you’re watching on your mobile device to TV and watch it from TV.
    - Bluetooth PowerOn
    You can use your mobile device to turn on your TV using Bluetooth (available for certain TV and mobile devices only).
    -Remote
    Your mobile device can work as remote for your Samsung TV or BD products. Full remote screen is provided by default, and three tabs are provided at the bottom of the screen to help you control connected devices with ease. Onscreen keyboard shows up automatically when you need to enter text.
    -Game Controller
    With this feature, your mobile device can control games on TV. Full and Simple modes are available. Turn on Gyro function on your mobile device, and control games by tilting your mobile device.
    -Settings
    You can fine-tune control for TV and BD by adjusting gesture sensitivity in your mobile device.

ss-800-1-18

[How to set up]

1.Check if Wireless Remote Control or Network Remote Control is enabled in your TV’s System or Setup menu. If you don’t see either of them in the menu, Samsung Smart View App can’t be used in your mobile device.
    2.Connect wireless/wired router to TV LAN port, or connect Samsung Wireless LAN adapter to TV USB port.
    3.Connect your phone to wireless/wired router.

Market Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.samsung.smartview

Download Link For The Ported Version:

Hotfile

or

MediaFire

Enjoy
    ;)
    I'm trying to understand the encryption protocol that is being used. I used wireshark to understand the protocol (while using the Windows program) and decompiled both the APK and the Windows program.
    The protocol is hidden behind 3 functions: clientstep1, clientstep2, clientstep3. These functions are in libPairing.so which is packed with the APK.

I decompiled libPairing.so and I have a pseudo-code C++ file generated with IDA. I can identify the three clientstep functions.

However my C++ is not that good and I'm having trouble trying to understand what the algorithm is doing. But it is possible to outline the generation of the string used in GeneratorServerHello (the first step of the protocol) with the pin code.

Send me a PM if you want more info and/or the decompiled file.
    Hello,

since I Updated to v.3.1.7 [and didn't backuped my old version :( ]from Google Play the remote to my TV UE46c770 doesn't work anymore.
    I don't know which Version I had before.
    Can someone please Upload me the APK of the Versions: 3.1.5 and 3.1.6?
    I already found 3.1.4 over google.com, this Version works with my C Serie TV, but the feature to see the whole Remote on one Page at my Galaxy Tab 10.1 is missing.
    So I think I had before 3.1.5 or 3.1.6.

Thanks for your help in advance.

https://www.box.com/s/7ea680220a06f84bcc19

can you upload 3.1.7? i'm not able to update from play store on my gnex ;)

Thanks sweetpiggy, but I found out, that only the tab version is not working anymore with the C TV Series of Samsung.
    The latest Samsung Smart View Tab Version is 2.0.3.
    Maybe someone has the latest Samsung Smart View Tab Version that is working with Samsung C Series? I Already found over google 1.05, that works.

You can find 3.1.7 (non tab Version) at:
    MegaShare.com/4334748

Password of the rar: xda