[ROM][12-7]TPC v3 2.3.5 | Da_G OC Kernel | IMG Flash | ATT | Rogers |

Search This thread

twopumpchump

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Moderator
Aug 10, 2008
Kentucky
m-s-j.net
Google Pixel 6 Pro
This ROM is based on the official Rogers Stock ROM, and has been optimized for both AT&T and Rogers users. It will wipe your data so be sure and do a nandroid backup before you flash. This ROM uses a new method to flash, it flashes a complete system.img.ext4 to the system partition...similar to an ODIN flash but without tripping the flash counter. The IMG file is modified from the original stock with all permissions preserved which should provide you with a ROM as stable as Stock Odin Flash and with all speed/features of a custom ROM. Special thanks to Da_G for all his help with the ROM, and providing us with a great custom kernel :) You should have a stable, fast, reliable ROM suitable for everyday use with this release.

changelog for v3

--added bootanimation...if you dont like mine you can get the ics one here. or stock sgs2 here

--added blue circle battery

--used completely new flashing method, for the ultimate in speed, stability, battery life.

--changed "favourites" to "favorites" in contacts menu(att version)

--added Rogers version for all you Canadians :)

--added Da_G's kernel, you can OC with an app like systemtuner, setcpu, etc.

--patched libhardware_legacy.so from Da_G to allow 192 min frequency.

--updated busybox and bash again(thanks Da_G)

changelog for v2

1. add EN USA language

2. added extended power menu

3. move all market apps to /data/app/

4. replace more Rogers files with ATT for better compatibility with AT&T network

5. added CRT off animation

6. added some tweaks for speed

7. change 4g icons to AT&T

8. added visual voice mail from AT&T

9. add AOSP gb keyboard

10. replace host file with adfree version

11. added rom manager, titanium backup, flashlight, systune(free version) updated other market apps

12. removed rogers bloatware

13. added sysrw/sysro to /system/xbin/

14. insecure stock kernel with init.d and busybox run-parts

15. updated busybox and bash---latest versions compiled by Da_G

16. added % stock battery

17. deodexed and zipaligned--includes script to automatically zipalign any new apps you install

SC20111121-210259.png
SC20111127-194712.png

I am in no way responsible for anything bad that may happen to your device...flash at your own risk!

Download TPC v3 for AT&T -- HERE

Download TPC v3 for Rogers -- HERE

Download TPC v2 HERE

Download TPC Rogers Stock ROM for AT&T v1Here

Last edited by a moderator:

mbze430

Feb 28, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Just a quick Antutu bench-test using this ROM and Da_G Kernel

----------------

Attachments

• sc20111122-013018.jpg
    sc20111122-013018.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 3,672
  • sc20111122-013031.jpg
    sc20111122-013031.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 4,436
Last edited:

mbze430

Feb 28, 2007
Southeast Missouri
WiFi Sharing excessive CPU

TPC - I did find one problem, you might want to check it on your side as well.

I found out that every time on a new reboot. Once the system loads, Wifi Sharing start to poll on the cpu excessively. I can freeze it, then clear data then unfreeze and it would settle down, but once it reboots, the problem comes back. OR I can freeze the app completely.

But I don't think it should be doing this on a "normal" basis since it wasn't do this before when running the ATT stock.

twopumpchump

Aug 10, 2008
Kentucky
m-s-j.net
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Appreciate all the hard effort! Keep up the good work !!

it is good to see one of the master cheff here for this phone, only good things will come, i know

Thanks guys!

TPC - I did find one problem, you might want to check it on your side as well.

I found out that every time on a new reboot. Once the system loads, Wifi Sharing start to poll on the cpu excessively. I can freeze it, then clear data then unfreeze and it would settle down, but once it reboots, the problem comes back. OR I can freeze the app completely.

But I don't think it should be doing this on a "normal" basis since it wasn't do this before when running the ATT stock.

thanks for reporting, I will give it a look after work this afternoon...cya on IRC :)

Reactions: skizzz

mbze430

Feb 28, 2007
Southeast Missouri
The only "temporary" fix I know how to stop FTS (FilesTransferService) to eat up the CPU cycle is to:

1) If you have a program like Titanium Backup (paid), or System Tuner (paid), you can freeze and unfreeze it. It will stop

or try

2) Going in to Settings -> Wifi -> Wifi Direct and enable it for a few minutes and then turning off (but this method doesn't work 100% the time)

FTS/FTM/FTC is part of the WIFI Direct. As to why every time you reboot the phone the FTS goes to hell, still looking in to it.

twopumpchump

Aug 10, 2008
Kentucky
m-s-j.net
Google Pixel 6 Pro
TPC, can we have this mod built into the rom please, that way hulu will work right out of the gate
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1119530

i've never used hulu...does this zip work for our device? I will do some checking to see what all is affected and make sure it doesn't break something else in the rom. If the zip works, I really don't understand why it needs to be in the rom...not everyone uses hulu(example me).

romracer

Apr 4, 2010
Kansas City
i've never used hulu...does this zip work for our device? I will do some checking to see what all is affected and make sure it doesn't break something else in the rom. If the zip works, I really don't understand why it needs to be in the rom...not everyone uses hulu(example me).

Its basically just a hexedit on the libflashplayer.so. They change AND to WIN and the version to 99,9,999,999 type situation, so Hulu sees the mobile device as Windows and a high version number (to prevent saying the Flash player is out of date). It just gets overwritten the minute you update Flash through the market to a newer version. Personally, if people need this, they should be applying it themselves and not tampering with Flash binaries (which could affect other sites that are trying to determine mobile users)

There are other threads out there that detail the changes more thoroughly, that thread is just a "how to" posted by someone to take the trickiness out of it.

A slightly better solution in my mind is something like this thread which uses the official mobile app instead of hacking Flash. This one does work on our device too (tested by me):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1257277

I'm not saying it should be incorporated to the ROM, but people should just follow the link and use it if they need Hulu.

Last edited:

twopumpchump

Aug 10, 2008
Kentucky
m-s-j.net
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Its basically just a hexedit on the libflashplayer.so. They change AND to WIN and the version to 99,9,999,999 type situation, so Hulu sees the mobile device as Windows and a high version number (to prevent saying the Flash player is out of date). It just gets overwritten the minute you update Flash through the market to a newer version. Personally, if people need this, they should be applying it themselves and not tampering with Flash binaries (which could affect other sites that are trying to determine mobile users)

There are other threads out there that detail the changes more thoroughly, that thread is just a "how to" posted by someone to take the trickiness out of it.

A slightly better solution in my mind is something like this thread which uses the official mobile app instead of hacking Flash. This one does work on our device too (tested by me):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1257277

I'm not saying it should be incorporated to the ROM, but people should just follow the link and use it if they need Hulu.

thanks :) you save me alot of research time. From my experience in the past, stuff like this needs to be added by the user who wants it...not forced on everyone who flashes the rom. If the zips don't work for our device, i don't mind making the edits myself and making a zip...but it won't be cooked into the rom.

latinohot

yes mms does work

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

For now, you can change the locale easily with MoreLocale2 :) Just create a new local label is en US and thats it. I will try to have this changed by next version.

also please make the zip for me, so i can use hulu, please:eek:

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

For now, you can change the locale easily with MoreLocale2 :) Just create a new local label is en US and thats it. I will try to have this changed by next version.

Also don't forget to theme the shutdown screen(power off)

Reactions: david032766

twopumpchump

Aug 10, 2008
Kentucky
m-s-j.net
Google Pixel 6 Pro
yes mms does work

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

also please make the zip for me, so i can use hulu, please:eek:

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Also don't forget to theme the shutdown screen(power off)

I don't mind doing it, but first priority is getting the rom fixed up like it needs to be. In the mean time, you could always grab a hex editor and fix it yourself...romracer just made an excellent post telling you how. The boot animation and shutdown animation are in a samsung file that is a format i have never seen before(my first sammy phone), but from what i have read there are no tools to edit them.

These are my first priorities with the ROM:

1. get full conversion to AT&T USA--language, locale, etc.

2. work out any bugs that may be in the rom

3. clean it up and optimize it for performance

4. unlock stock kernel and make a few changes that will not affect stability(no oc)

when all of this is done to my satisfaction, then i will move on to more "cosmetic" changes. Please be patient...I work 50-60 hours a week, have a family, am a moderator here at XDA, and occasionally like to kick back and have a cold beer :)

latinohot

I don't mind doing it, but first priority is getting the rom fixed up like it needs to be. In the mean time, you could always grab a hex editor and fix it yourself...romracer just made an excellent post telling you how. The boot animation and shutdown animation are in a samsung file that is a format i have never seen before(my first sammy phone), but from what i have read there are no tools to edit them.

These are my first priorities with the ROM:

1. get full conversion to AT&T USA--language, locale, etc.

2. work out any bugs that may be in the rom

3. clean it up and optimize it for performance

4. unlock stock kernel and make a few changes that will not affect stability(no oc)

when all of this is done to my satisfaction, then i will move on to more "cosmetic" changes. Please be patient...I work 50-60 hours a week, have a family, am a moderator here at XDA, and occasionally like to kick back and have a cold beer :)

No problem Mod.. i'll give it try and hopefully i won't mess up too bad:eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is based on the official Rogers Stock ROM, and has been optimized for both AT&T and Rogers users. It will wipe your data so be sure and do a nandroid backup before you flash. This ROM uses a new method to flash, it flashes a complete system.img.ext4 to the system partition...similar to an ODIN flash but without tripping the flash counter. The IMG file is modified from the original stock with all permissions preserved which should provide you with a ROM as stable as Stock Odin Flash and with all speed/features of a custom ROM. Special thanks to Da_G for all his help with the ROM, and providing us with a great custom kernel :) You should have a stable, fast, reliable ROM suitable for everyday use with this release.

changelog for v3

--added bootanimation...if you dont like mine you can get the ics one here. or stock sgs2 here

--added blue circle battery

--used completely new flashing method, for the ultimate in speed, stability, battery life.

--changed "favourites" to "favorites" in contacts menu(att version)

--added Rogers version for all you Canadians :)

--added Da_G's kernel, you can OC with an app like systemtuner, setcpu, etc.

--patched libhardware_legacy.so from Da_G to allow 192 min frequency.

--updated busybox and bash again(thanks Da_G)

changelog for v2

1. add EN USA language

2. added extended power menu

3. move all market apps to /data/app/

4. replace more Rogers files with ATT for better compatibility with AT&T network

5. added CRT off animation

6. added some tweaks for speed

7. change 4g icons to AT&T

8. added visual voice mail from AT&T

9. add AOSP gb keyboard

10. replace host file with adfree version

11. added rom manager, titanium backup, flashlight, systune(free version) updated other market apps

12. removed rogers bloatware

13. added sysrw/sysro to /system/xbin/

14. insecure stock kernel with init.d and busybox run-parts

15. updated busybox and bash---latest versions compiled by Da_G

16. added % stock battery

17. deodexed and zipaligned--includes script to automatically zipalign any new apps you install

SC20111121-210259.png
    SC20111127-194712.png

I am in no way responsible for anything bad that may happen to your device...flash at your own risk!

Download TPC v3 for AT&T -- HERE

Download TPC v3 for Rogers -- HERE

Download TPC v2 HERE

Download TPC Rogers Stock ROM for AT&T v1Here
    Hi guys, just wanted to give you an update on where I am at right now with the rom. Last weekend I purchased a new pc and I have spent most all of my free time since getting it set up to work with linux/android. My plans for v4 include a theme, 14 toggle mod, and a few other surprises :) I really want to be able to finish it soon, but with the holidays coming up my time will be extremely limited. I appreciate all the kind words and support from everybody and just wanted you all to know where I am at....please be patient I am doing the best i can.
    Thanks twopumpchump.

Could you assist me with the script?

Ridilen

Here is the script i use, its in flashable zip format. Be warned...if for some reason this makes you have a bootloop you will have to use ADB to delete the script /system/etc/init.d/99oc to fix it. This is what works for me, it is OC to 1.72mh and min level is 192 with ondemand governor. Just because this works for me, does not mean it will work for you...flash at your own risk. DO NOT USE ANY CPU TUNER APPS WITH THIS SCRIPT.
    lol another ex Tilt/Kaiser user here. Good to see a familiar chef here on the Skyrocket forum. Got a lot of reading to do before I flash a new rom or root or whatever I gotta do...lol
    Can't wait to try out your rom TPC!

Hey rkub! Good to see you here! Is this your first android device? If so just root your device with zerg rush install rom manager/cwm then flash my rom! Since you are on att you should also flash a radio...try them all if you want :)

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda premium
    v2 up, link in OP.