Search This thread

Bendary

Jan 11, 2010
I did the mcgyver method, after flashing and working for almost an hour on charger, as soon as I unplug the charger it shuts off. then the battery has some weird stuff going on like it charges super fast and also loses power mega fast. Is this normal after mcgyver?

ppero196

Apr 14, 2012
Up north!
I did the mcgyver method, after flashing and working for almost an hour on charger, as soon as I unplug the charger it shuts off. then the battery has some weird stuff going on like it charges super fast and also loses power mega fast. Is this normal after mcgyver?

Frankly, IDK

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app

ferib

Nov 27, 2009
Mb 525 bricked

hello. Please help me with a big problem.
I have a motorola 525 mb and wrote another rom and now only want to get into recovery mode in bootloader only.
the problem is that I have no idea which version was before, or what country is .......... I tried a lot of ROMs (SBF) but without success screen is all black...
how can I find which version of software (SBF) do I need?

please help me

ppero196

Apr 14, 2012
Up north!
hello. Please help me with a big problem.
I have a motorola 525 mb and wrote another rom and now only want to get into recovery mode in bootloader only.
the problem is that I have no idea which version was before, or what country is .......... I tried a lot of ROMs (SBF) but without success screen is all black...
how can I find which version of software (SBF) do I need?

please help me
Where do you live?

ferib

Nov 27, 2009
hi,i flashed 2.2 CEE Froyo but nothing changed. in RSD LITE v.5.6 (RESULT = PASS),the phone rebooted automaticaly but not booting or starting....:(

ferib

Nov 27, 2009
can not wipe data / factory reset.
not go into recovery.

i flashed defy+(MB526) SBF (DefyPlus_Gingerbread_2.3.6_4.5.1-134_DFP-231_CEE_CGv7) to my defy MB525 phone and starting ,I hope I already got from here to put back....thanks for help

Last edited:

Moleman0

Dec 4, 2012
Budapest
Thank you, I really found your post useful, but I still encountered a problem.
Bootloader and stock recovery are working, so I installed a CEE, when the phone first started to get stuck at the M logo (under CM10). Now when I try to charge the battery, I get the question mark, when I plug it in a USB port, I get the white led correctly, but seconds later the M logo and bootanimation comes, the rom tries to start, and the phone doesn't return to the white led, as someone has mentioned before. What should I do? I guess it isn't charging now.
Would my battery charge if I put it into a healthy Defy?

ppero196

Apr 14, 2012
Up north!
Thank you, I really found your post useful, but I still encountered a problem.
Bootloader and stock recovery are working, so I installed a CEE, when the phone first started to get stuck at the M logo (under CM10). Now when I try to charge the battery, I get the question mark, when I plug it in a USB port, I get the white led correctly, but seconds later the M logo and bootanimation comes, the rom tries to start, and the phone doesn't return to the white led, as someone has mentioned before. What should I do? I guess it isn't charging now.
Would my battery charge if I put it into a healthy Defy?

You can try

Sent from my Balls of Steel

Reactions: Moleman0

boonwuilow

Aug 21, 2010
Cheras
Defy bricked

Hi...
i come across with a friend, he bricked his defy while he is flashing stock rom with RSDLite, the battery run out halfway on the flashing...
according to him, when he plug it into the charger, there is a white LED...

Can a interupted flashing cause the device to hard brick?
Since i am also a defy user, i am thinking of buying the device and try to charge the battery with my defy... :D

If the device is hard bricked, the white LED won't light up right?

Let me know what your opinion on this...

ppero196

Apr 14, 2012
Up north!
Hi...
i come across with a friend, he bricked his defy while he is flashing stock rom with RSDLite, the battery run out halfway on the flashing...
according to him, when he plug it into the charger, there is a white LED...

Can a interupted flashing cause the device to hard brick?
Since i am also a defy user, i am thinking of buying the device and try to charge the battery with my defy... :D

If the device is hard bricked, the white LED won't light up right?

Let me know what your opinion on this...

White led means its charging.

Leave it to charge :D

Sent from my Balls of Steel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So your Defy is bricked. It's really hard to brick a Defy or a Defy+ due to locked bootloader, so you can't really brick it but you can get it in state of not booting. In this simple guide i will show you how to unbrick Defy and fix some common errors!
    Lets get started!

How to unbrick your Defy
    What do you need!
    You need the following:

1. Download and install USB Drivers
    2. Download and install RSD Lite
    3. Turn off your phone
    4. Go into bootloader by pressing Power button and Vol+ button
    5. Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable
    6. Make sure everything is OK
    7. Locate downloaded SBF. In popup dialog press Uncompress and start flashing
    8. If you get " Please manually power up this phone " in RSD Lite pull battery out > put your battery back > reboot into stock recovery by holding Power button and Vol- button > Choose Wipe data/cache > Choose Reboot system now
    That's it, you unbricked your Defy!

How to repair damaged Dalvik or cache

Use the same method for unbricking your Defy. If you still have problems...do the same procedure again.

How to fix empty battery

If your battery is so empty that you can't even charge it, there are 2 options

Option 1. (McGyver method)

Get a USB cable, cut the off the B plug (the one that plugs into the device) and strip away the shielding, revealing the 4 individual wires inside: White, Green, Red and Black. Red is +5V DC and Black is ground. strip a few (1-2) mm's off each and gently push them into the + and - slots on the battery. Apply some tape to keep them in place, but don't cover the other connectors. Now plug the battery back in, a tight fit, but possible if you've peeled back the shielding and the white and green wires so that only Black and Red are actually being crammed in there with the battery
    It should look like this:
    mcgyver.JPG

Red goes to the + terminal,Black goes to the - terminal
    Plug the business end of the newly modded usb cable into your computer.
    That's it, your Defy should be alive now

McGyver method found at this thread:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=892026
    I was lazy to write the method by my words...so i just copied from that thread....because he wrote it so well :D
    If original author has problems with copyrights, he can PM me and we will sort it out.

Option 2.

Connect Defy to PC via USB cable. Make sure that your PC is powered on. LED in the top left-hand corner should be white coloured. Leave the Defy overnight to charge. In the morning it should be charged a little bit to charge it via normal method

I have not tested McGyver method, but option 2 worked for me (happened to me once)

This is the end of this tutorial. I hope i helped!

Froyo nandroid backup here

Guys I created a prerooted and with cwm installed froyo nandroid backup. Make full restore
    Link: http://d-h.st/RxH

IF YOU DO MAKE ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE DURING THE PROCESS I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE!
    Only 24 more years to go!

Well, it's not really bricked. You can easily revive it using a SBF.

Well depends on what you define by bricked. The bootloop was making it unusable, thus effectively turning it into a brick, a coaster, or whatever you wanna call it. Since Motorola thoroughly locked the bootloader and recovery mode; rooting it, accessing via adb, fastboot or any other shell injection was impossible, because it can't boot, leaving my only with stock bootloader and stock recovery. I never modded my phone. After several attempts at flashing different stock ROMs using RSD Lite, with ROMs from all over the world, wiping data/cache partitions each time, the result was the same. The only way I was able to escape it was to load a different stock ROM, Gingerbread for the DEFY+ worked fine.:victory:

Why would anyone set time and date like that. Are you from the future? ;)

It's the Year 2038 problem.

To be honest, I was learning about timestamps in PHP, and the time(); function, which uses unix time. It turns out time on unix systems is measured in seconds since January 1st 1970, 00:00:00 UTC. It is saved as a signed 32-bit integer with a value of + or - 2^31 or, positive and negative 2 billion seconds, approximately 68 years. It ends on January 19th 2038, 03:14:08 UTC. One second later, the counter would add a bit over a line of 31 ones, turning them all into zeros, and the first zero into a one, making the integer sign convert the whole number into a negative one, overflowing back to minus 2 billion seconds, or January 1st 1970. Normally that would be the case, and the date on my DEFY would overflow back to that day, since Android is a Linux, which in turn is a unix derivative. However the date settings menu won't let you set that date if it's overflowing, BUT you can set the date, if it's the time of the day before 03:14:08, for example a minute earlier, or 03:13:00. Which is what I did. One minute later it bootlooped. I believe if you did that on anyones Android smartphone, the bootloop would occur. Like a timed bricking.;)
    Can you send me also the froyo back up? this is what happened to me:
    i cleared the cache in the bootloader menu
    then i restore factory settings
    then i had a zip file of a rom , i changed its name to update so that the bootloader can detect the update.. the update installed completely but when i started rebooting its just stuck at the "Motorola" logo.. what can i do to fix this sir?

OK..I'll send you...
    It comes with 2ndinit and prerooted

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app
    basically downloaded & flashed a wrong sbf file after i rooted it from rsd lite. now its stuck at M screen, will not connect to rsd lite and i have searched relentlessly to figure out another way to flash to it, even in recovery mode will not unzip any files. is there a way to fix it? i have wiped cache and data and rebooted. nothing works...pls help :'(

Pull battery out and wait 5 minutes and reinsert it.

Sent from my house via interwebs to You!
    tried that, still not working :confused:

Go manually to bootmenu (stock) and then connect phone with RSD Lite and flash another SBF

Sent from my house via interwebs to You!