USB OTG Cable [UK]

Search This thread

gunswick

May 20, 2011
Now that JB is out for the One X I want to get a USB OTG cable.

Can anyone who has one tested and working for plugging into an external hard drive (a 1tb externally powered Toshiba drive) post a link in the UK of where to get one? This will enable me to transfer files, photos and videos etc from the hard drive quickly / easily.

Ideally from amazon or someone like that - I don't fancy guessing which ones will work etc, it would be great to only buy one!

Many thanks in advance :D

pejman6767

Jul 24, 2009
i couldn't connect it external hard drive ( i think hard drive needs more Electricity ) but it works with flash memories fine

Azurael

Jan 3, 2008
Bath
I think an OTG cable is an OTG cable... I just tried the one that came with my USB keyboard folio case I use with my Nexus 7, which works fine with the HOX now its updated to the new HBoot/kernel.

Vcek

Aug 27, 2011
Simril
I think an OTG cable is an OTG cable... I just tried the one that came with my USB keyboard folio case I use with my Nexus 7, which works fine with the HOX now its updated to the new HBoot/kernel.

true, any otg cable should work if it's really otg, however you should get a usb powered one for a hard drive if the hard drive does not have a y split cable.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

davitox87

Sep 25, 2012
Google Pixel 7
I'm using a standard usb otg cable from amazon. I have an external powered hdd(2gb)(I believe it must be self powered anyways) and using the app called usb otg helper to make ntfs work with android.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

luka2858

Jul 26, 2011
I use otg cable from my prestigo and it works fine.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

gunswick

May 20, 2011
I'm using a standard usb otg cable from amazon. I have an external powered hdd(2gb)(I believe it must be self powered anyways) and using the app called usb otg helper to make ntfs work with android.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Ahh - thank you!!

I have a Bytestor 4gb FAT32 stick that works fine with no extra power etc, but I tried my 1TB external powered hard drive and it failed

I only just realised it is NTFS to avoid the 4gb limit for files for videos etc.

So if I install USB OTG Helper I can use NTFS? Nice :D - that needs Root though - how can you use NTFS drives if you are not-rooted and stock JB?

oh, and I just got one of the standard USB OTB cables off Amazon for £3 and it worked fine. As others said, just buy any of them they probably work fine!

Last edited:

bordax20

Dec 9, 2012
bought cable from eBay and seems its working fine, the only problem is that if i connect usb flash with files on it sometimes it deletes most of files. that happened with my cars USB flash, i tried to connect it to manage some music but it deleted about 3GB of 4GB music...
can anybody tell me why is this happening?