[MOD] Arabic + RTL reading/writing for the SGS2

Search This thread

madmack

Yes, but has the same problem if there's Numbers English letters and Arabic in the same line, like twitter app!
the words alignment goes wrong!.

Can you fix this Madmack via patch later? :rolleyes:

BTW: sham on Google :mad:

looks like i won't be retiring this patch anytime soon, lol.

this shouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure it'll warrant a whole new patch though. :rolleyes: Its probably just a little framework.jar tweak without the need to modify the rest. I'll see what I can do :)

M_J_Nazari

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 14, 2010
Bushehr
pda-planet.com
Hi Madmack
thanks for your great work.

just one problem after patching the files.

the samsung keyboard on 3x4 style, have a big problem, some Korean characters are appeared!!

i used all recent of your scripts.

0.813~0.906

attachment.php

Last edited:

madmack

Hi Madmack
thanks for your great work.

just one problem after patching the files.

the samsung keyboard on 3x4 style, have a big problem, some Korean characters are appeared!!

i used all recent of your scripts.

0.813~0.906

attachment.php

wow, what keyboard is that?

it doesn't like my custom fonts. you'll need to play around with the fonts in /system/fonts or get another keyboard. from what I can see, the problem is not from my arabization or RTL files per se.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

jaikat

Nov 26, 2009
hey madmack

its been a long time.. i'm the guy you helped bring arabic to his sense rom a year ago.. maybe more..

i need some help.. again.

i now own a i9100, and i used your patch to bring arabic to a rom(kl1 version) i'm using, and it seems there's a problem with brightidea's libwebcore patcher (at least in my case), cause every time i visit an arabic site the browser would crash randomly..

i even tried brightidea's patcher from the market without flashing your patch and got the same result..

the rom is based on 2.3.6.. if the sources are out would it be too much to ask for you to patch the libwebcore from source "the old fashion way"?!

Last edited:

adamsuail

Jun 6, 2007
its been a long time.. i'm the guy you helped bring arabic to his sense rom a year ago.. maybe more..

i now own a i9100, and i used your patch to bring arabic to a rom(kl1 version) i'm using, and it seems there's a problem with brightidea's libwebcore patcher (at least in my case), cause every time i visit an arabic site the browser would crash randomly..

i even tried brightidea's patcher from the market without flashing your patch and got the same result..

the rom is based on 2.3.6.. if the sources are out would it be too much to ask for you to patch the libwebcore from source "the old fashion way"?!

why not try ICS roms for SGS2? i really love the new browser and it has native Arabic support.

* BTW, Android 4 (ICS) will be officially available via kies tomorrow.

jaikat

Nov 26, 2009
why not try ICS roms for SGS2? i really love the new browser and it has native Arabic support.

* BTW, Android 4 (ICS) will be officially available via kies tomorrow.

What can i say.. im a dinasaur ;)
No the truth is i really like this rom im using, because of the theme and the fact that its stripped of all the junk i dont use..

So i hope madmack or anyone could lend me a hand here..

madmack

What can i say.. im a dinasaur ;)
No the truth is i really like this rom im using, because of the theme and the fact that its stripped of all the junk i dont use..

So i hope madmack or anyone could lend me a hand here..

hey, good to see you jump ship :)

afaik, brightidea's patch works totally fine with all versions of the GB roms released for the Galaxy S2. I personally released some stock roms with a lot of versions of these GB roms and they all worked fine. I'm not entirely sure why it is crashing on you :confused: but I highly recommend taking that issue to brightidea's thread as he's the one who's patching the libwebcore.so file for us.

btw, did you move two files once his patcher is done? you'll need to move both lib__bcore.so and libwebcore.so to your lib/ folder and make sure you got libicuuc-arabic.so also installed.

otherwise, you can give me a log of when the browser crashes and I can perhaps give more insight but yea, definitely check brightidea with that.

as for the good old fashioned way, my setup is pretty dated and i haven't touched it in a while :rolleyes: lol. i never actually really succeeded at providing a crash proof libwebcore.so for the Galaxy S2 using my old fashioned manual patching method. It kept crashing and i was never able to figure out the reason.

jaikat

Nov 26, 2009
hey, good to see you jump ship :)

afaik, brightidea's patch works totally fine with all versions of the GB roms released for the Galaxy S2. I personally released some stock roms with a lot of versions of these GB roms and they all worked fine. I'm not entirely sure why it is crashing on you :confused: but I highly recommend taking that issue to brightidea's thread as he's the one who's patching the libwebcore.so file for us.

btw, did you move two files once his patcher is done? you'll need to move both lib__bcore.so and libwebcore.so to your lib/ folder and make sure you got libicuuc-arabic.so also installed.

otherwise, you can give me a log of when the browser crashes and I can perhaps give more insight but yea, definitely check brightidea with that.

as for the good old fashioned way, my setup is pretty dated and i haven't touched it in a while :rolleyes: lol. i never actually really succeeded at providing a crash proof libwebcore.so for the Galaxy S2 using my old fashioned manual patching method. It kept crashing and i was never able to figure out the reason.
Well i cant say i feel the same. i miss the trouble free htc days and the unbelieveable amount of development in that part of the world..

Im sure the problem is caused by brightidea's patch cause like i said i tried his app from the market and got the same random crash. this is why i thought maybe u can patch the source like u used to back in the days..

Tell me.. At which point did u start incorporating his libwebcore patch with yours?
Maybe if i try an older one i would get a better result..

Also now ill be looking for some kl1 rom with working arabic libwebcore to try.. wish me luck. and as always... thanks.

madmack

Well i cant say i feel the same. i miss the trouble free htc days and the unbelieveable amount of development in that part of the world..

Im sure the problem is caused by brightidea's patch cause like i said i tried his app from the market and got the same random crash. this is why i thought maybe u can patch the source like u used to back in the days..

Tell me.. At which point did u start incorporating his libwebcore patch with yours?
Maybe if i try an older one i would get a better result..

Also now ill be looking for some kl1 rom with working arabic libwebcore to try.. wish me luck. and as always... thanks.

The change log at my blog should give you a pretty good idea of when I started incorporating brightidea's patch. You really should drop him a post over at his thread.

tghandour

Jul 3, 2003
Cairo
Hi Madmack,

Excellent and great job done man :).

I was so skeptic that this would work but I have just applied your Patch ver 0.906 to get Arabic support for GingerMod 0.8.5 AOSP ROM. Followed your step by step guide and got the CWM flashable file, flashed it in CWM, reboot and Voila... All is working perfect and flawlessly on Gingermod ROM 0.8.5 (GB 2.3.6 - BB XXLPH - XWKL1) with Siyah kernel 2.6.13 #122 installed.

Installed Smart KB Pro, Go Keyboard with Arabic support and tried stock browser, Opera, Dolphin HD, FB, Twitter,.... all working flawlessly :)

Thanks again for you and brightidea for your excellent work..

Best regards..

madmack

Hi Madmack,

Excellent and great job done man :).

I was so skeptic that this would work but I have just applied your Patch ver 0.906 to get Arabic support for GingerMod 0.8.5 AOSP ROM. Followed your step by step guide and got the CWM flashable file, flashed it in CWM, reboot and Voila... All is working perfect and flawlessly on Gingermod ROM 0.8.5 (GB 2.3.6 - BB XXLPH - XWKL1) with Siyah kernel 2.6.13 #122 installed.

Installed Smart KB Pro, Go Keyboard with Arabic support and tried stock browser, Opera, Dolphin HD, FB, Twitter,.... all working flawlessly :)

Thanks again for you and brightidea for your excellent work..

Best regards..

You're very welcome :)

the_gunners

Mar 26, 2010
Depok
Xiaomi Mi 11
i'm using custom 4.0.3 rom, while it can read arabic words/language with not problem.

but somehow it cannot write or even doing copy paste not showing the word properly it's disjointed.

any chance of creating mod for 4.0.3 ?

here's sample of copy-paste from web site in my phone

Screenshot_2012-03-19-15-24-43.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

RTL - Right to left support.

I have recompiled the webkit files for our SGS2 to support arabic shaping. This thread will serve to help you folks arabize (shaping arabic texts) any deodexed rom out there (well, except MIUI based ones).

Framework.jar (and libwebcore.so):
    patching framework.jar will give you arabic shaping + RTL support everywhere except the browser and gmail, while patching libwebcore.so will give you RTL + arabic shaping support in the Browser + Gmail apps.

Please go to my website for instructions and detailed howto: (Scroll down for English)
    http://blog.devasque.com/?page_id=11

note1: V0.810 will attempt to give you RTL + Arabic shaping in the Browser as well. Please follow the new guidelines at the blog. (using brightidea's work)

note2: On our Samsung Galaxy S2 device, arabic letters might come garbled at some locations. For that, you need to replace a font which is listed below.

libwebcore.so
    Note: if you used v0.810 for my universal patcher, replacing libwebcore.so from this section manually may be unnecessary as the universal patcher attempts to arabize this file as well. (make sure you follow the new guidelines in the blog)

This file is responsible for shaping arabic texts in the Browser and Gmail apps. Just replace the file in /system/lib with this one and you should get arabic shaping out of the box. You'll need root to change this file.

Gingerbread 2.3.3 (CWM Flashable):
    http://www.multiupload.com/E2URI45F1I

Gingerbread 2.3.4 (CWM Flashable): Files created by brightidea. Thank you :)
    This does NOT work on KG1 ROMs
    http://www.multiupload.com/FEMKZ90OYS

I highly recommend trying the solution by brightidea in this sister thread for all other devices and ROM versions.

Font
    This file is required for our phone. Not using it will give you spacing issues when displaying arabic text.
    Note that you can't use any arabic font on the galaxy s2. This will most definitely crash your browser+gmail app. Use only stock samsung fonts or this one (my own :D):
    Place the file in /system/fonts/ and reboot.
    http://www.multiupload.com/3XRONTS8BM

update: some screenies ;)

screenshot1yv.png

b2645de1-8945-8ea1.jpg
    promising !

does the new way fix ( text numbers order ) how can i explain it ...
    يعني لما توصلك رسالة فيها رقم
    يالرقم يجي معكوس او يتغير ترتيب الجملة مثلاً الرقم يصير بالبداية والجملة تتلخبط

yea, this is a problem with my framework patch and can be fixed. I'm a little too lazy to fix it but the CM sources (that i'm porting from) did fix it so its a matter of updating my code and releasing a new set of tools/patcher. Frankly I was waiting for CM to fix more problems but I guess they're stopping their upgrades for now so I might as well just go ahead and update my sources as well.

to you guys that don't get what he said, he's asking if we can fix the reversal of numbers when they're in the beginning of a new line and contain RTL text.
    Browser files fixed for good

Update:
    Browser arabized perfectly now and is FIXED

Thanks to AlWakra, he uploaded a beta arabic ROM and I extracted the libwebcore.so file and its dependency. Tried it on VillainROM and it works superbly so far. Shaped and all.. Yep ! Here are the two files zipped up for your convenience:
    http://www.multiupload.com/7PHQ4RO0ME

Just put these two files in /system/lib and reboot.

Thank you AlWakra. I was growing old and tired with my own efforts.
    downloading and testing, will post back the result :)

Thanks a lot mate, that was quick :)

sure thing. lemme know how it goes.

if you're getting camera FCs with my deodexed files, can you post a logcat here ?
    Here is a rom that i've built and tested.

http://www.multiupload.com/0SBR1FCMSM
    Made a new thread with a new rom version:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1083187

Download and flash with Odin 1.85. Place it in PDA and don't check anything else ! then flash away

1. deodexed from VillainROM.
    2. Stock KE2 kernel (no yellow triangle)
    3. Arabized
    4. Browser has problems. (but mostly fixed)
    5. battery % mod

this should facilitate arabizing this phone considerably.