[Q] Difference Between Sprint, Verizon & International

Search This thread

barathan

May 14, 2012
1°23'08.3"N 103°50'23.1"E
I'm rather curious as to why HTC or for that matter other makers have to make different build of a particular model for all 3 variants.

Why is that only for Sprint & Verizon that phone makers have to make specials versions of Android for them? Why can't International versions be used on them?

ceo4eva

Sep 30, 2008
Ellicott City
OnePlus 11
I think the international version is made the way it is because there are lesser restrictions on devices abroad.

Even it comes to the US, Sprint and Verizon devices need to be manufactured differently for them to work on the carriers network.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Wonders_Never_Cease

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 10, 2013
Sprint and Verizon are cdma,different hardware their own little world in comparison to the rest of the planet using gsm(international)

barathan

May 14, 2012
1°23'08.3"N 103°50'23.1"E
I think the international version is made the way it is because there are lesser restrictions on devices abroad.

Even it comes to the US, Sprint and Verizon devices need to be manufactured differently for them to work on the carriers network.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Sprint and Verizon are cdma,different hardware their own little world in comparison to the rest of the planet using gsm(international)

Thanks ceo4eva & Winders_Never_Cease for your replies. Cheers