[ROM][AOSP][Linaro]CarbonRom Nightlies/Releases [d2vzw]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

justreboot

Nov 12, 2009
Central NJ
Currently on CleanRom and really want to try this but I have zero issues on clean and that makes it hard to leave. I really miss stock android though - I just don't miss the quirkiness that went along with mist custom ROMs and the constant updating that fixing those quirks required.

That said, I'm watching this forum closely. I will probably give it a try soon.

What happened to your previous GSIII?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

When I updated from cm10 to cm10.1 it borked the signal (no signal) / got a replacement and it did it again :) Got the 3rd one (the one I have now) and stayed off cm 10.1 / turns out there was a fix, but I found out too late :) Go figure / regardless this rom is really sweet / And I had clean for a long time (synergy before that) and yes rooted stock before that/ The only thing I miss is the Picassa albums in my gallery, but I can install the picassa app if needed.

m_s_ifland

Oct 31, 2009
Tennessee
I have noticed this same problem with map my run. My 48 minute run on Sunday covered 47 miles. But if I go into the run, it shows my actual mileage. Kinda wierd

tried the new update with Pie. but ended up going back to 4.2.1 yet again the gps issues. I tried taking out the sim card and battery like someone suggested but that didnt do anything at all. but yeah dont really care much for Pie anyway. but still a great rom if it wasnt for the gps crapping out on me. Still loving my Carbon though.

A lot of people are stating GPS issues, I have not had any issues but I also have been flashing the TS Crackflasher pack for inverted gapps (it also contains stock apps) but anyways there is an option in the package to install a AGPS patch. I'm wondering if this might not fix some of the issues people are having.

Couldn't find a link on XDA but it is available on Rootzwiki under the S3 General section.

Obviously this is a bug and not random. If you use a gps app that measures actual distance it glitches the distance. I used GPS status to reset and download GPS data, that did not work either. I have flash Liquids latest ROM and this problem does not exist there. I thought maybe it was a 4.2.2 bug but it's not, as Liquid's lastes ROM is 4.2.2. This is definitely ROM specific. Anyway I will stay on Liquid as the GPS bug is a deal breaker for me, I run every morning and need the accuracy. I appreciate this ROM and will get back on it as soon as this is fixed. Thanks for all you hard work and great ROM Carbon Team.

dbornack

Oct 14, 2010
Chicago
Does the native camera not store to External SD Card? I should have a ton of pics from my SDCard in Gallery, but my gallery is mostly blank.

Do I need to run the modded camera?

rhcp1253

Mar 28, 2012
Brick

I believe I just hard bricked my GS3 i535 by flashing Carbon 1.3 d2vzw

Could be my issue, but anyone else?

thelangosta

Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom 1.π JB 4.2.2 [d2vzw] » Feb 20

This is hands down the best ROM ever!!!!! Xposed Settings is the shiznit!!! Just what I've been waiting for to get Tapatalk HD to look prettier the S3.

Here's a few findings from a dirty flasher. Can you clean flashers replicate???

These I noticed in the last build(s) and still notice in the 1.pi build
  • If you program voicemail to pause, then dial your password, the keypad then becomes inactive, and you can't save/delete the message you just listened to, or, advance to the next message.
  • Photos sent vis MMS, either stock app, or market app, lose considerable quality.

This was reported but I never tested in the last build. I tested and replicated in 1.pi build.
  • Buttons on Samsung earbuds' cord don't do anything while using Music app

This one is new for me in 1.pi. Didn't notice in previous builds.
  • In Music app sound is at max volume when opening a song. One press on volume down brings volume setting back to where it was.
  • In Music app sound is jumps to max volume when advancing to next track or returning to beginning of current track. One press on volume down brings volume setting back to where it was.
  • When a song ends and Music app advances to the next track, sometimes they jump to max volume and sometimes the volume levels behave as expected.

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Interesting. My camera always force closes -- "Gallery has stopped working" -- the first time I open after booting. This happens whether I open from lockscreen widget or app drawer. But it works every time I try to use it after that.

Have you tried sideloading a camera apk from stock or another rom?

The music thing must be an up stream problem because I am on a different ROM based on 4.2.2 and have the same issue. Scared the crap out of me the first time it happened.

luv2increase

May 22, 2010

Isn't that impossible?

Explain how this came about in detail. I have never heard of anyone doing that, at least not since they unlocked the bootloader.

Have you tried to go into twrp or cwm recovery? For twrp, you have to have your phone plugged into a computer USB port to enter it I think. For cwm, hold down volume down + power button + home button.

sipple31

Aug 7, 2008
Does the native camera not store to External SD Card? I should have a ton of pics from my SDCard in Gallery, but my gallery is mostly blank.

Do I need to run the modded camera?

Correct. I believe it's an AOSP thing. There is a camera mod out there that you flash as a zip and it adds the option. It's in this thread somewhere. :good:

m_s_ifland

Oct 31, 2009
Tennessee
Isn't that impossible?

Explain how this came about in detail. I have never heard of anyone doing that, at least not since they unlocked the bootloader.

Have you tried to go into twrp or cwm recovery? For twrp, you have to have your phone plugged into a computer USB port to enter it I think. For cwm, hold down volume down + power button + home button.

I thinks it's actually volume UP & home key & power button. Then let off all three as soon as Samsung screen comes on.

Blankstar85

Nov 28, 2007

Isn't that impossible?

For twrp its the same thing no need for plugging into PC hold the three till it starts then you can let the power button go but hold the volume down and home button

buffal0b1ll

Sep 5, 2012
Baltimore
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 2 XL
I need some info from the folks reporting ringers that don't repeat. are you using a custom ringtone, or a stock one? if stock, have you changed from the default?

none of us have any trouble at all.
  • Custom tone it's a 15kb mp3 in sdcard/media/ringtones/ and it only plays once.
  • I tried with root explorer to copy the same file mp3 into system/media/audio/ringtones (changed permissions to match the stock ones) and it also only played once.
  • All the stock ringtones are .ogg files. Maybe the problem is with .mp3?
  • Tried converting the file to an 21kb ogg and from sdcard/media/ringtones/ and it still only plays once.
  • I tried with root explorer to copy the same file ogg system/media/audio/ringtones (changed permissions to match the stock ones) and it also only played once.
  • I even tried shortening the file name because I noticed it was more characters than any of the stock ringtones.
No dice;-(

Blankstar85

Nov 28, 2007

I thinks it's actually volume UP & home key & power button. Then let off all three as soon as Samsung screen comes on.

I stand corrected just did it its volume up.. Volume down is Odin or whatever for changing the bootloader

BossJ

Jul 23, 2007
Try using GPS aids from the play store. Sometimes you need to grab new AGPS data to make things work properly.

I'll try that! Thanks!

BTW, hands down the best rom I've ever been on. I just can't go back to any other ROM. It kinda makes me mad, because I like testing new ROMs, but this one is just too amazing!

duncan254

Nov 14, 2010

Sry but im not familiar w pi and this xposed settongs. Could someone explain plz.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

akakai

Oct 22, 2012

i remember when i first started flashing roms, the way i got the phone to even turn on was to pull the battery then turn on using by hold the the

Power Button + Volume Down + Menu Button.

I wonder if this will work the same for you.

Which will take you to download mode/ odin. I remember it was the best screen i had ever seen after the phone wouldn't turn on for almost an hour.

Last edited:

m_s_ifland

Oct 31, 2009
Tennessee

Try using GPS aids from the play store. Sometimes you need to grab new AGPS data to make things work properly.

I used GPS Status app and downloaded new data and it didn't make a difference. But after more research on liquid ROM it did the same thing. So I think it is a 4.2.2 problem.

ampinc

Mar 5, 2010

Anyone having problem with voice on Bluetooth when I click my Bluetooth the Google voice app opens and says, say the name or number I say it but nothing happens just sits there and my sound is gone no ringtone no notification just vibration

nevrlow

Jul 27, 2011
virginia beach

No problems. Running good

ryan49er

Mar 8, 2010

Works great except for Pandora and spotify. Can't stream music and I almost forgot YouTube doesn't work either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features
    Simply stated, we can't really list features here. There are too many and they change too frequently, and we now support a truly insane number of devices. Chances are, if you like a feature, we have it already. Seriously.

Screenshots

screen1s.jpg
    screen2s.jpg
    screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
    screen5s.jpg
    screen6s.jpg

screen7s.jpg
    screen8s.jpg
    screen9s.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our goo.im page.

Both nightly and release builds are available. Please note that nightlies are for development purposes. This means that they may not work properly, may not flash, may not build for days at a time, and will probably eat your cat. If you flash these, know what you're doing, have backups, and don't complain when something happens. It's on you!

http://carbon-rom.com

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Change Log

You can also find a changelog in Settings->Carbon->About Carbon

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Hey everybody! So we decided to make an actual CarbonDev account and post useful information about the rom through this account instead of our personal accounts, you know, so we seem professional and whatnot.We are also in the process of changing the OP's to this account so they don't say 1.6 anymore lol. We have contacted xda and are waiting for that to get done, all in good time. We hope this change will make everything a bit easier for you, our precious users, but also for us in a logistical sense. We try to do everything possible to make Carbon user friendly and to meet the needs of the majority and hopefully this will help us maintain that goal. Anyways, back to work! Peace.
    Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [d2vzw] » Feb 6

Kejars talking about an update that's the fastest he's seen aosp. Granted it's on the note 2 but hopefully it will carry over

It will..great things are coming. Just be patient guys next release will be worth the wait! :D

Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [d2vzw] » Feb 6

Sup people :)

Thank you for your appreciation of our hard work. :) There are loads of more goodies coming your way, both ROM related as well as \m/ related ;)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
    i hope so and i hope carbon implements it into their rom asap! it would be great. been with carbon since day one and never left! love it!
    We hope to have it implemented quickly as well once it drops. Leave our wives and children to fend for themselves and go 100% on the rom lol