[Q] Back Button Problem

Search This thread

Amer28

Mar 16, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
LG V30
For several days now I've been having this problem appear in different apps. First, it happened on the Facebook app, then on an app called Goal, and most recently on the Textra (SMS Alternative). What basically happens is when I press on the back button (be it the capacitive button on the bottom of the screen or the button in the app that appears on top), the screen just refreshes. I'm not talking about a refresh like on an internet browser, but more like it redraws the screen really quickly. I basically get stuck in a specific screen. What's worse is that even if I do somehow get out of the screen,the next time I come back to the app (say I switched apps for a minute), I will be back in that same screen.

No matter what I do, it's almost impossible to get rid of the screen. I tried clearing the running apps, and even if I start it over again it will go back to that same screen. The only thing that has so far worked has been either clearing data for the app, which can be troublesome especially if it's an app that requires some sort of a setup, I end up having to do that all over again. Or in some cases, I reboot the system.

I have recently installed a memory booster software, and this only occurred to me know that I'm writing this message. I will uninstall it to see that was what was causing the problem, but if it isn't, does anyone have any idea what it couuld be?

I'm running NOVA Prime 3.0.2 on the Ultra MAXX.

Jhall8

Sep 4, 2012
Have you booted into Safe Mode to see whether this same behavior occurs?

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Free mobile app

Jhall8

Sep 4, 2012
This can be done on stock unrooted. Power off, but long press "Power off" to see the option to boot into safe mode.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited: