Lesson for all---Flashing Radios and Pulling Batteries = Brick

Search This thread

Cryous

Oct 26, 2010
I got my replacement!! rooted!

is there a way to find out its an AMOLED or TFT screen?

The only way to tell for sure is to go
Settings->about phone->hardware-> hardware version if it says 0002 its amoled if it says 0003 its superlcd

If hardware does not exist then it may be software. I can't look because im on a custom rom that does not show hardware info

Sent from my LiquidLight using XDA App

Penguissimo

May 3, 2010
The phone may be fudged. I've had the three vibrate blank screen green flashing notification light happen to two different devices. I think it has to do with hitting vol up on accident instead of vol down. it has been happening to many other recently also. I hope it isn't something that is going to be a phenomenon. I've had it happen twice in the past 3 months. and now I'm reading about it with others. I found that the phone will boot if plugged into usb or wall charger, basically you need to get the phone un-rooted and back to stock recovery and s-on, return the phone, and get a refurb. I'm on refurb #6 since july 27th.

Just a bit of clarification—three vibrates is indeed a result of holding volume up, but it's easily and harmlessly solved with a battery pull. No need to replace the phone in this situation; you've just gone into a Qualcomm diagnostic mode.

The issue that requires replacement is when you get five vibrates even when not holding a volume button. This is a hardware issue and does indeed cause the symptoms you list (booting only when plugged in, etc.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    explain exactly what you did, and what it did. as much detail as possible.