Wlan Antenna Part Number Question

Search This thread

D_Smitt

Oct 14, 2007
Downingtown, PA
Hello,
I have the ThinkPad tablet and I wanted to use the Gobi 3000 wlan card, but I don't have the wlan antennas installed. Does anyone know what part number for the antenna, or where to get it? I even looked in Tabook, and I searched in Google and eBay. Can you point me to the right direction please?

Thank you for your time.

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk

D_Smitt

Oct 14, 2007
Downingtown, PA
Here's the parts list to the thinkpad:
http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/0a96158.pdf

I think the antenna may be in the base cover assembly:
"Base cover assembly, 3G capable" 04W3318

Thanks for the response.
I have looked into the PDF file that you sent me, and it has some nice info.
It seems that Lenovo does not list the part number for the antenna.
I know that the LAN and wlan are the same antenna, except for the color and length of the wire.
I have seen some pics over the Lenovo forums stating my claim, but I don't remember exactly where (I'm at work as I'm typing this).
If that's the case, then I might as well make my own antenna, or find something that is close to the real antenna.
I will update this thread if I find any more info, or if I find a way to make an antenna for this product.
I know many people has a tablet that does not have the wlan antenna installed.

One more question.
Anyone who has the wlan antenna, can you please take a look at it, and tell me if there is a part number on it?
Can you check the back of the antenna?

Please excuse my spelling and grammer for English is not my first language.
Thank you very much for all your help.

gallahad2000

Jul 9, 2009
Thanks for the response.
I have looked into the PDF file that you sent me, and it has some nice info.
It seems that Lenovo does not list the part number for the antenna.
I know that the LAN and wlan are the same antenna, except for the color and length of the wire.
I have seen some pics over the Lenovo forums stating my claim, but I don't remember exactly where (I'm at work as I'm typing this).
If that's the case, then I might as well make my own antenna, or find something that is close to the real antenna.
I will update this thread if I find any more info, or if I find a way to make an antenna for this product.
I know many people has a tablet that does not have the wlan antenna installed.

One more question.
Anyone who has the wlan antenna, can you please take a look at it, and tell me if there is a part number on it?
Can you check the back of the antenna?

Please excuse my spelling and grammer for English is not my first language.
Thank you very much for all your help.

Don't know if this might help:
http://www.wirelessgoodness.com/2012/01/06/lenovos-thinkpad-tablet-gets-an-fcc-tear-down/

senore

Feb 4, 2012
WLAN antennas

Hi,
I encountered similar situation as you are. I have TPT 183822U and has no 3G WLAN option, so I bought separate GOBI 3000 module. When I opened my TPT, I found that there were noextra antennas for GOBI. I bought from semiconductorstore.com and they carry WWAN antennas. I bought FXP14-07-0100A (Cell hepta-band) and PC27-07-0100A (Cell quad-band).
They all work perfectly for ATT 3G reception.
Enjoy!

senore

Feb 4, 2012
The antennas themselves are very thin. One came with double-sided tape, so just stuck it on empty space alongside the other existing antenna. Since both antennas are thin you could position them on any space edges of either the vertical or horizontal lengths of TPT. You may have to adjust to attain the highest-bar reception of the 3G signal.

Reactions: DestroyerMTL

senore

Feb 4, 2012
WLAN antenna is not a 3000 GOBI module

At the start of this thread, we were talking about where to get WLAN antenna for a GOBI module at add the 3G access-functionality of TPT.

A GOBI module cannot function as GPS. Both GPS and GOBI needs antenna. Besides the TPT already has a separate GPS module and its own antenna.

daswahnsinn

May 24, 2010
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 5
Hi,
I encountered similar situation as you are. I have TPT 183822U and has no 3G WLAN option, so I bought separate GOBI 3000 module. When I opened my TPT, I found that there were noextra antennas for GOBI. I bought from semiconductorstore.com and they carry WWAN antennas. I bought FXP14-07-0100A (Cell hepta-band) and PC27-07-0100A (Cell quad-band).
They all work perfectly for ATT 3G reception.
Enjoy!

I found my answer delete if possible. Sorry for the clutter.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The antennas themselves are very thin. One came with double-sided tape, so just stuck it on empty space alongside the other existing antenna. Since both antennas are thin you could position them on any space edges of either the vertical or horizontal lengths of TPT. You may have to adjust to attain the highest-bar reception of the 3G signal.