Tasker - Smart Extension/Notifier [ Update 26-01-2014 ]

Search This thread

babanomania

Apr 26, 2009
kolkata
I have created a small extension, that can show me tasker tasks on my watch and execute then
tested this on my SW2 hope this helps somebody else :cowboy:

update 02-11-2013

source code for a simple Tasker extension that forwards messages to the smartwatch, i use it all the time

https://github.com/babanomania/SmartwatchNotifier

The tasker notifier app is now available on the play store and is compatible with both the MN1 and SW2
for the SW2 users, they can execute more tasks from the menu options

Tasker Smart Extentions - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.babanomania.smartwatch.tasker
Tasker Smart Notifier - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.babanomania.tasker.notifier

update 26-01-2014

added the notifier app that supports the MN1 and SW2
added screenshots for the notifier app
fixed a bug in version 1.0.4, now tasks should run perfectly from notification menu

update 26-10-2013

1. Added a setting to select tasks of specific Tasker projects
2. Changed the colors a bit and changed 1 or 2 icons

Attachments

• sc4.png
    sc4.png
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,003
  • sc5.png
    sc5.png
    105.4 KB · Views: 947
  • sc3.png
    sc3.png
    65 KB · Views: 907
Last edited:

babanomania

Apr 26, 2009
kolkata
i had attached the unsigned apk, that might be source of the error
now i have signed the apk and updated it in the post, seems to be properly installing

should be working fine now

x3kiwi

Dec 23, 2012
Tasker smart extension

Wow it works!, the only bug i can notice for now is when click on certain task it just display "Go Back", have to scroll up to see "Run Now" button.

Maybe you can add option to enable/disable Profile as well, but so far all works as it intended to.

Good job!

babanomania

Apr 26, 2009
kolkata
actually I am also searching for ways to enable / disable profiles, haven't found anything in the tasker developers page

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

coyote_f

Jan 26, 2008
Wow it works!, the only bug i can notice for now is when click on certain task it just display "Go Back", have to scroll up to see "Run Now" button.

Maybe you can add option to enable/disable Profile as well, but so far all works as it intended to.

Good job!

Can confirm that little "bug". But extension works so far. Thanks.

Maybe you can add a list in extension app with the tasks, so you can select only the tasks you want and not all tasks. That would be cool.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N8010 mit Tapatalk 2

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012
i'm not really familiar with tasker, but would it be possible to control my PC mouse with it?
on my S3 i'm using unified remote to move my mouse around desktop, would be so handy if i can do it from my watch. i sent an email to developers but they do not answer at all. i hate that kind of support.

babanomania

Apr 26, 2009
kolkata

Good job!

i just updated the app with a setting to select specific tasker projects.

unfortunately still searching for a way to enable / disable profiles, if you guys have any ideas please help

coyote_f

Jan 26, 2008
How can i select what a specific task is (in your picture "smartwatch")? Only can choose base and all, but both are the same tasks.
A list with all tasks in your extension app would be fine, so i can choose the one i want.
But so far, good app :good:

babanomania

Apr 26, 2009
kolkata
actually i have created a new project called smartwatch in tasker either you can select a specific project or select all projects , base is the just the default project tasker has

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Juliannico

Oct 30, 2013
no work

Hey,

i can see the created tasks on my smartwatch
but if i run a task on the SW my phone doesn't.

Sony Xperia Z1
Sony Smartwatch 2
Tasker 4.1u3

Grz

cfchong

Nov 8, 2007
i have made a little tasker extention that forwards custom notifications to the smartwatch, i'll share the code on github, wont be very hard i guess :good:

would love it very much if u could create a task that can automatically clear all the notifications of a particular companion app on the watch whenever that particular phone app is in foreground. :D

Top Liked Posts