[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][3-22-12][WIP] ics-deck-evo [pre-beta7]

Search This thread

bluezr1

Mar 25, 2009
This has been really nice since flashing it last night. I've tried all the ics roms and this is the first one where the governors worked. Even the last release would run the cpu at Max all the time causing the phone to get worm and drain the battery.

I'll give it some time to settle in before and report back.

Thanks, awesome job on this one!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

mhwarfield

Aug 19, 2011
Lilburn, GA
Its all open source work right? Almost all devs borrow code from each other. I wouldn't call it copying.

I would hope they would be collaborating. When one fixes one thing, he lets the others know or posts the fix where they can find it and they do the same. Makes bug fixes and driver development go much faster and cuts out a lot of duplication of effort. Then you see exactly what we see - someone gets the camera working and suddenly three projects pop a release at the same time. Same same with USB storage. That's the way it should be working.

nick325i

Dec 1, 2008
ICS Apps download page seems borked. WHen i click the download button it just refreshes the page and nothing happens...

Thanks for ICS on EVO! Keep up the good work.

Skywing269

Nov 25, 2008
New York
Installed Alpha5, everything working well except Facebook. Any attempt to login tells me Authentication Failed. Anyone know of a fix for this?

Natodu

May 11, 2011
I heard a few pages back uninstall and reinstall. I just logged into mine of A5. No issues. Also great job devs.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

akodoreign

Jun 17, 2010
Yup, same here. I got them on 4 though. I went directly from 1 -> 4

I had a lot of problems with The default launcher + the recommended gapps on the OP.

Novalauncher + gapps_ics_4.03_v7 (found it on the xoom forum) seems to be the absolute best combo for me. YMMV.

:D

PS. v8 seemed to make the phone very laggy (of the gapps)

Anyone know how to make the voicemail notification go away. (use google voice, and never a problem on a sense based rom, has shown up on every non sense based rom). IDK maybe I'm too OCD about it :D

dills2214

Jun 29, 2010
I had a lot of problems with The default launcher + the recommended gapps on the OP.

Novalauncher + gapps_ics_4.03_v7 (found it on the xoom forum) seems to be the absolute best combo for me. YMMV.

Anyone know how to make the voicemail notification go away. (use google voice, and never a problem on a sense based rom, has shown up on every non sense based rom). IDK maybe I'm too OCD about it :D

You likely have the same issue as I did. It is a pain in the ass to fix, but it bugged me enough to go through with the process and it did fix it. I guess I'm a bit ocd too!

Here's the link.... have fun!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=896000

Reactions: akodoreign

CTTKDKing

+1 on the VM notification. How do you clear it?

akodoreign

Jun 17, 2010
You likely have the same issue as I did. It is a pain in the ass to fix, but it bugged me enough to go through with the process and it did fix it. I guess I'm a bit ocd too!

Here's the link.... have fun!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=896000

Will have to head up to the sprint store and see if they can help with it then (I don't have a non-android phone) lol. (I donated my old phones to the Woman's Shelter). :D

THANKS!!

Warrior 3000

Apr 23, 2010
how do i change what apps are on the lockscreen ??? i want to change the messanger quick app thingy.

also i installed smart keyboard and now when ever i type i get a keyboard icon at the top of my screen and when i pull down the slider thing it says 'select input method"

luciferii

Feb 26, 2011
WTF! i just flashed alpha4 to find out alpha5 is out.. just my luck.. so whats new on alpha5? also, when i do a nandroid back of my ICS and restore it, the phone.apk doesnt work.. the apk is there in /system/app/ but it says it isnt there when i click it.. i reflash just the apk.. fix perms.. and still says it cannot be found

P.S. does titanium backup work on ICS yet?

PAulyhoffman

Jul 25, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
WTF! i just flashed alpha4 to find out alpha5 is out.. just my luck.. so whats new on alpha5? also, when i do a nandroid back of my ICS and restore it, the phone.apk doesnt work.. the apk is there in /system/app/ but it says it isnt there when i click it.. i reflash just the apk.. fix perms.. and still says it cannot be found

P.S. does titanium backup work on ICS yet?

Sure does unless you are trying to restore an application that won't work on 4.0 then TiBu just hangs.

sent with swype on my Atrix

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i will update this post when the time comes. for now, feel free to run any of my test builds located here:
    http://dev-host.org/users/deck/609/ics-evo
    pb7 - fixed camera preview.

enjoy,
    -deck
    Sounds good! Hardware acceleration?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

yessir!

-deck
    holy mother of god please get 4g on this already! everything seems legit but that.
    *sigh*

Here's the thing. Our legacy device is not even supposed to be running ICS. ICS does NOT come with WiMax built into the framework, thus it will take someone building it from the ground up to ever be integrated. At this point, we're still in the ALPHA stages (i.e. getting everything that's supposed to work on ICS working on our device), so we're definitely not there yet. We don't even have the front camera or video working yet, nor the ICS-stock facial recognition lockscreen. Why don't we focus on getting the base running smoothly before we worry about adding things that weren't there in the first place?

Perhaps you're thinking to yourself, but the EVO 4G is a 4G device, so it's a feature that's supposed to exist on the device! That may be true, but if you're running this, you're not running the ROM your device came with, which I'm certain does have working WiMax. So, to sum up, don't expect this ROM to ever have 4G. If you can't live with that, then you'll have to move along. And if it ever DOES have WiMax, I'm sure you'll see it on the front page and then you can come back and join us.
    Thread cleaned.

Cut the crap......
    One warning, that is all.....
    This is my first post since i became a memeber here back in 2008. Everyone needs to grow some balls and man up lol no more immature sh*t :D