ACMEUninstaller not working :/

Search This thread

vladwt

Jun 6, 2011
Hi everyone,

So my TP is getting picked up sometime in the next 7 days for repairs (cracks and all) and I need to remove android. Couldn't find the novacom drivers online, and universal installer isn't working atm, so I got the SDK and now Device Manager (Windows 7) shows it as Palm Novacom (bootie). [Also, just noticed there is another "Unknown device" as well as the "Palm Novacom bootie" ?!?]

The problem is that when I tried to run the "novacom boot mem:// < ACMEUninstaller" command, nothing happens. I tried redownloading ACME, but still the same error. Anyone know what's up or how I can fix this.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

colin_404

Sep 4, 2011
Hi everyone,

So my TP is getting picked up sometime in the next 7 days for repairs (cracks and all) and I need to remove android. Couldn't find the novacom drivers online, and universal installer isn't working atm, so I got the SDK and now Device Manager (Windows 7) shows it as Palm Novacom (bootie). [Also, just noticed there is another "Unknown device" as well as the "Palm Novacom bootie" ?!?]

The problem is that when I tried to run the "novacom boot mem:// < ACMEUninstaller" command, nothing happens. I tried redownloading ACME, but still the same error. Anyone know what's up or how I can fix this.

Thanks in advance!

where did you put the acmeunistaller file?

colin_404

Sep 4, 2011
C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\ACMEUninstaller

I tried running "novacom" on its own, but still nothing, it just creates a new row and accepts no input afterwards. The TP itself just stays in USB mode even after 10 mins or so...

So is the Touchpad in usb mode or recovery mode?
If u have a command window open inthe Palm, Inc directory where novacom application is and u type "novacom" u should at least
see a list of commands.
If not then u arent in the right place.

Last edited:
Reactions: vladwt

colin_404

Sep 4, 2011
Never used the sdk but if its like android then the novacom application will be in a folder in the sdk.
so u will have to run the acmeuninstaller fron a window in that folder.

vladwt

Jun 6, 2011
Never used the sdk but if its like android then the novacom application will be in a folder in the sdk.
so u will have to run the acmeuninstaller fron a window in that folder.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work :(
Same result as before... even if I run "novacom.exe" from the sdk folder, it just shows a black cmd screen

Is there any other way to wipe it?

vladwt

Jun 6, 2011
Nope, but thanks for the link. Unfortunately the novaterm link is down and the Universal Novacom Installer always gets stuck on initialising :(

Edit: I'm trying to get novacom from the webOS download and novaterm from the palm folder... see how that goes I'll post back once I've tried. Thanks again for all the help.

Last edited:

colin_404

Sep 4, 2011
or uninstall the sdk, delete the Palm, Inc folder.
Download any Webosdoctor from webos internals site.
Run the novacom universal installer, choose "select file", choose the webosdoctor download.
The Palm, Inc folder will be created from it and drivers installed.

sstar

Apr 6, 2012
Brighton
If you have any copy off Webos doctor on your computer and have Java installed download Universalnovscominstaller and when or if you have it right click on the file then go down to open with and select Java(TM) Platform, the novacom installer will pop up click on install then click on select file then navigate to wherever you have Webos doctor ie desktop etc select it and hey presto the novacom drivers will be installed.

P.S do not download Webos doctor with windows explorer as for some reason it appears to mess it up , use chrome.

Last edited:

vladwt

Jun 6, 2011
Done and done!

Finally managed to get it done, after trying to do it on 2 Win7 PCs, went to an old XP laptop and tried on there.

If anyone gets stuck on this and finds this thread:

I used Universal Novacom Installer and installed Novacom from webOS Doctor 3.0.5, on an XP system. After that put ACMEUninstaller in Palm, Inc folder and ran the "novacom boot....." command and Android was gone! :victory: :crying:

Thank you all for the help, I'm so relieved after slaving away at this for over a day

Reactions: colin_404

sstar

Apr 6, 2012
Brighton
Finally managed to get it done, after trying to do it on 2 Win7 PCs, went to an old XP laptop and tried on there.

I used Universal Novacom Installer and installed Novacom from webOS Doctor 3.0.5, on an XP system. After that put ACMEUninstaller in Palm, Inc folder and ran the "novacom boot....." command and Android was gone! :victory: :crying:

Thank you all for the help, I'm so relieved after slaving away at this for over a day

Happy you finally got there and thanks for clicking on the thank you box the solution I posted has been given by others so credit to everyone the bit that took me a long time was to click on open with and the fact that for what ever reason windows explorer messes up the download
hence the reason for my post.
All the best.

vladwt

Jun 6, 2011
Just had my TP collected today by UPS. Let's hope when I get it back and try to put android again I won't have to go through this hell again :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\ACMEUninstaller

I tried running "novacom" on its own, but still nothing, it just creates a new row and accepts no input afterwards. The TP itself just stays in USB mode even after 10 mins or so...

So is the Touchpad in usb mode or recovery mode?
    If u have a command window open inthe Palm, Inc directory where novacom application is and u type "novacom" u should at least
    see a list of commands.
    If not then u arent in the right place.
    Have you tried following the instructions in THIS THREAD ? It talks about how to completely remove everything and put the TP back to factory 3.0.0 settings.
    or uninstall the sdk, delete the Palm, Inc folder.
    Download any Webosdoctor from webos internals site.
    Run the novacom universal installer, choose "select file", choose the webosdoctor download.
    The Palm, Inc folder will be created from it and drivers installed.
    If you have any copy off Webos doctor on your computer and have Java installed download Universalnovscominstaller and when or if you have it right click on the file then go down to open with and select Java(TM) Platform, the novacom installer will pop up click on install then click on select file then navigate to wherever you have Webos doctor ie desktop etc select it and hey presto the novacom drivers will be installed.

P.S do not download Webos doctor with windows explorer as for some reason it appears to mess it up , use chrome.
    Done and done!