Verizon update rolling out now: Build VS98012B

Search This thread

fedor32

Aug 19, 2008
Need some Help: I am on Build VS98012B, rooted and TWRP 2.6.3.3 installed via FreeGee. I was able to created a backup of the rooted stock rom, but when I flash a custom rom and reboot, the LG logo pops up for a split second and then the screen goes black. I am able to get back into TWRP and restore my backup to get back to stock rooted. Any suggestion on what I need to do to get a custom rom installed would be appreciated. Thanks

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
Need some Help: I am on Build VS98012B, rooted and TWRP 2.6.3.3 installed via FreeGee. I was able to created a backup of the rooted stock rom, but when I flash a custom rom and reboot, the LG logo pops up for a split second and then the screen goes black. I am able to get back into TWRP and restore my backup to get back to stock rooted. Any suggestion on what I need to do to get a custom rom installed would be appreciated. Thanks

You may have to wait a bit. Sounds there is a problem with loki on the ota

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

tkuligowski

Jan 31, 2012
Lincoln
Well you can add me to the OTA club. I used Survival mode in SuperSU and was able to keep root. Getting the OTA was a pain because I had to add a bunch of system apps I deleted. I'm happy with stock so not worried about custom recovery. If I decide to flash a ROM in the future (which I may do when CM 11 stable is released) I'll revert back to a previous OTA if I can't flash one from 12B.

Last edited:

nateinva

Nov 15, 2011
Well you can add me to the OTA club. I used Survival mode in SuperSU and was able to keep root. Getting the OTA was a pain because I had to add a bunch of system apps I deleted. I'm happy with stock so not worried about custom recovery. If I decide to flash a ROM in the future (which I may do when CM 11 stable is released) I'll revert back to a previous OTA if I can't flash one from 12B.

FYI for all in this thread. The 12B OTA has a rooted flashable zip in the Dev section.

Just dirty flash to update....simple. It takes a while to flash so be patient...it isn't locked up!

Reactions: m.cassedy

gotwillk

Mar 2, 2010
FYI for all in this thread. The 12B OTA has a rooted flashable zip in the Dev section.

Just dirty flash to update....simple. It takes a while to flash so be patient...it isn't locked up!

you mean a flashable rom through right? not a flashable zip with just the update itself.

eckmanmj

Nov 4, 2013
I was rooted stock ROM with CWM and stupid me accepted the OTA and got stuck in a recovery bootloop. I tried a bunch of things, including wiping the entire phone, sideloading a new ROM using ADB, and I even switched from CWM to TWRP, but none of that worked until I tried this:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451696

Now that my phone is back, I ended up trying Malladus 1.2.3, which has the 12B update built in and I am happy. Malladus is just a debloated and tweaked version of the LG stock ROM, so stability is just as good as stock, without any of the extra bloat.

Reactions: yoinker23

m.cassedy

Apr 9, 2011
I'll second the Malldus Rom being the best stock custom Rom. I'm on 1.2.3. As well. G2 should be getting kit Kat in match I hear. I'll still wait for custom stock though.

May 12, 2013
San Diego
I only temp rooted via adb so that I could install the modded HotspotProvision files and am otherwise completely stock. I received the 12B update OTA and when it tried to install I received the Err mentioned previously. Phone works fine, just still running 11A. What's the minimum I need to do to install the 12B update and still be left with Hotspot capability without full root? Thanks in advance.

Rodeojones

Aug 6, 2010
Bloomer, WI

Yes, it sure does take a while. If you're reading this and want to flash one of the stock, rooted 12B ROMs, don't be surprised to see it take up to 15 minutes. I flashed it this morning in TWRP right over my stock, rooted 11A ROM, only doing cache and dalvik. But it takes a while. Have patience.

tkuligowski

Jan 31, 2012
Lincoln
I took the OTA and now backup assistant doesn't work. When I try to open it from LG setup wizard it force closes

supercereal45

Dec 30, 2013
Peoria, IL
Depends if you want completely stock or deflated, or debloated with mods as well. Plenty to choose from.

Exactly my problem, too many choices. I'm looking for debloated with mods. I've been on Malladus since launch, just recently installed xposed . I have no real reason to look around other than the crack flasher itch so I guess I'm looking for something similar. I guess I'm just bored waiting for 4.4 stable rom

Apr 18, 2014
Does anyone happen to have the mobilehotspot.apk from 12b? Trying to get the kitkat ota and I accidentally overwrote mine with the previous version apk. I can't seem to find it anywhere, thanks in advance

hd-renegade

Aug 31, 2012
Waynesville
Does anyone happen to have the mobilehotspot.apk from 12b? Trying to get the kitkat ota and I accidentally overwrote mine with the previous version apk. I can't seem to find it anywhere, thanks in advance

The one from 12b will not work, you need the new one. Send me a PM with e-mail addy and I can send it to you. I had to look for it last night, so I still have a copy of it in my sent folder.

tacosrdelicioso

Mar 23, 2011
Just got my 12b update!!!! YES! I've been waiting for a while but it's finally here! Finally some bug fixes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finially

Well apparently I'm finally able to flash 4.4.2 roms while in 12b. This is what I did and after I successfully installed 4.4.2 and booted. I completely redid the whole process to make sure it really works also.

from stock 10b, updated to 11a, then to 12b. rooted using ioroot15.zip. switched from Superuser to SuperSU. installed freegee from the play store. flashed twrp 2.6.3.3 which after booting into twrp lists 2.6.3.0 (but it must indeed be 2.6.3.3 if it flashes 4.4.2 roms.) booted into twrp wiped Dalvik Cache, data, cache. (I did NOT wipe system) I usually do but I didn't this time. Wiped dalvik cache, data, cache, Three times then flashed my favorite 4.4.2 rom cm-11-20131224-UNOFFICIAL-vs980 which has gapps already included. twrp installed the rom and gapps then I rebooted and it worked. Good luck Thanks for the Great work Dev. Will definitely support. Thanks again especially BreakingVZW and Shelnutt and the whole xda developer community.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year !!!!!!
    Downloaded the update tonight. Noticed a few more things not mentioned in the change log:

-New Biz theme (pretty sure there was just the two themes before: Basic and Marshmallow)

-File Manager is now a QSlide app

-Black is now an option as the home button background

-Text Link guide in the messaging app

-New analog clock widgets (don't recall seeing these before anyways)

-Camera app quick settings seem like they are a little different

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
    Where does it DL to on the phone??

cache/fota

Hey doublej,

Glad to hear root worked for you on the new OTA 12B. I would like to try what you did but just wanted to make sure I understand.
    I got ioroot14 and looking at it I see.

PHP:
    :VZWRoot
    echo Found VZW phone!
    echo.
    echo Checking OTA version...
    for /f %%i in ('.\adb.exe shell getprop ro.lge.swversion') do set OTAVER=%%i
    if %OTAVER%==VS98010B GOTO VZWStockRoot
    if %OTAVER%==VS98011A GOTO VZWOTARoot
    GOTO VZWNoMatch

So all you did was change it to the below and save then run it and you were rooted?

PHP:
    :VZWRoot
    echo Found VZW phone!
    echo.
    echo Checking OTA version...
    for /f %%i in ('.\adb.exe shell getprop ro.lge.swversion') do set OTAVER=%%i
    if %OTAVER%==VS98010B GOTO VZWStockRoot
    if %OTAVER%==VS98011A GOTO VZWOTARoot
    if %OTAVER%==VS98012B GOTO VZWOTARoot
    GOTO VZWNoMatch

Any help you could provide would be appreciated. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Hey yup just saw your other post and replied to it above. Take a look and let me know if that looks ok. That is exactly what I want is the tether bypass hahaah.

That is exactly what I did. Took the chance and it paid off. Good luck.

I pulled down the update, scheduled install for later, then moved all the files,to a dummy folder on my sdcard and froze the updater. File itself is 173M & it's a .bin so if someone wants to take a look shoot me a pm