Can't Root Note 3 (on MJE) with Kingo Root- HELP!

Search This thread

ryanbg

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2008
movr0.com
Hopefully this post makes its way to the right people.

KINGO 1.1.6, download that. On your phone, dial *#0808# and select ADB DM MODEM option at the bottom. Then attempt to root. It appears Kingo has issues with MTP/ADB mode and is very tempermental. This should work.

delabeaux

Mar 6, 2008
Yes

I had this issue as well, Kingo root error.

However, I also had an error on Vroot stating USB debugging wasn't enabled though it was.

I guess persistence pays, and all the suggestions here, "10 min screen timeout, unknown sources checked etc".

After several phone reboots, pc reboots, re-attempts, and a re-re-download of the device USB drivers from Samsung, retried, finally worked with Vroot.

rjuskov

Apr 10, 2008
Try rooting with Towelroot

I had the same problem with my Verizon Note 3 MJE. This afternoon I decided to give towelroot a try, and SUCCESS!!! Did not trip KNOX..It just shows my rom as custom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FIXED

I just rooted on my MJE Verizon Note 3

I tried the latest version from the site and that did not work...

You need to do the following:

1. Load the latest driver from samsung for your phone... The Mobile Drivers...
    2. Make sure you restart your computer after drivers install
    3. Then plug in your N3 and let windows do its stuff and you may need to restart again after its done installing
    4. Make sure you are in debug mode and unknown sources is checked
    5. Then you need to download this file (older ver of kingo) (THANKS to BluPhant)
    6. This is what worked for me and now i have a rooted phone... :)

Also thanks to bajasur for the BAJA ROM and Support....
    My Solution to Kingo Root (Note 3)

Okay, I was pulling my hair out for 2 days (I'm bald ;) ) Anyway I finally got my Note 3 rooted using Kingo.

Specs:
    AT&T Samsung SM-N900A
    vers. 4,3
    Baseband vers. MI9

These are the files I used:
    kingo_android_root_1.1.0.exe (older version) http://goo.gl/ffamdB
    SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_1.5.24.0.exe (got this from Kingo site) http://goo.gl/6l0Ff9

First the latest Kingo version on their site did not work with me. The one above worked.
    Also Kies is not needed instead use the Samsung USB drivers. I just installed the version from the Kingo site.

Note:
    If you trying multiple times like I did with no success and will use the files I posted.
    1st - Go this Developer options / Enable USB debugging
    2nd -"Revoke USB debugging authorization" this will clear the history of USB debugging (clear slate)
    3rd - Under Security settings / Enable "Unknown sources" / uncheck both "verify apps" and "security policy updates"

Once these steps are completed install both files, reboot PC then follow the normal steps for Kingo

Good Luck!
    Yes that means not tripped...but can you tell me!! after putting new ROM is the chinese SuperSU still there or replaced by the SuperSU in the new ROM...

After safestrapping the neon rom, the chinese superSU was wiped and replaced with the american one we want. So in the end it's the same outcome of kingo but without trying 100+ times and giving you gray hair.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2543386

That's the link on to how to root with kingo then safestrap. Just replace the Kingo method with Vroot then follow the rest of the directions to push Chain's SU..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    not sure if anyone has said this yet but i recently bought a note 3 and tried rooting the phone only to get stuck at "downloading requisite dependency files" with an immediate "ROOT FAILED not supported" so i went through the motions, downloaded a MJE stock tar file, used ODIN to flash the MJE stock tar file to get a fresh install of the MJE. aftwerward i tried rooting again and still had the same error, so after a but of thinking i decided to use an OLDER VERSION of KINGO ROOT, version 1.1.7 and it WORKED. remember to enable "USB debugging", uncheck "verify apps" and check "unknown sources" in security settings and make screen timeout to 5 minutes. i hope this helps someone!